PDA

View Full Version : Southwest first-timer

watch4pixiedust
04-25-2008, 07:47 PM
Warning: dumb question alert!

I've read on other threads about checking in at guest services (resort or parks) for SW return flights. We were under the impression that check-in 24hrs before your flight actually meant at midnight(12:00am) the day of your flight (though, duh, that isn't 24 hrs ahead). What is the correct info?? If our flight is at 10:00am, can we do on-line check-in at 10:00am the day before? That would be great! we thought we would either have to stay up late or just not be able to get in an earlier group for boarding.

Thanks so much for any help :blush:

PetefromRI
04-25-2008, 08:00 PM
Not at all a dumb question.You are correct.24 Hours in advance.So you'll be able to have the front desk check you in at 10:00 A.M. the morning before your flight.SouthWest is an awesome airline.We've had great service through them.Have Fun!!!

watch4pixiedust
04-25-2008, 10:00 PM
Thanks very much! We're looking forward to giving them a try!

2Epcot
04-25-2008, 11:05 PM
There was a time when you did have to wait till midnight the day of your flight to check in, but happily they have change that to 24 hours before the flight.

Zippy 1
04-25-2008, 11:09 PM
We did not even wait and do check-in at the hotel. We were in MGM on that day - so at the almost 24 hour mark I went to customer service at the front of the park and they put me on a computer to do check-in. They then printed our boarding passes. It was quick, easy and painless.:mickey: Enjoy your trip

azdisneymom
04-26-2008, 11:27 AM
Our flight was just after 5 pm on a Sunday so we got our boarding passes at Epcot's Guest Services on Saturday. The CM was super entering all the information into her computer and printing our passes.

However we almost missed A seating because of how slow the line was moving. Two stations closed suddenly because 2 very upset, lost children came in. Please give yourself an extra bit of time to stand in line 'just in case'.

BTW the CMs did a GREAT job calming those girls down and getting the information needed to find their parents. It was nice to see how caring they were. :mickey:

watch4pixiedust
04-27-2008, 08:02 PM
Thanks everyone, that's exactly what I needed to know! :thumbsup:
It's so nice to have such a nice group of people to ask questions. The info I've found here on Intercot has made our trips so much better. Your info has helped make us better prepared, given us many helpful ideas, suggested things to do or see that we wouldn't know about otherwise. And on top of all that, what we've learned from you has enabled us to sometimes help others, which is a good feeling - and fun too, especially if we're in the parks! It just proves to me that the :tink: isn't just in the parks, but is there each time you help others. Not meaning to get all sappy, :grouphug: just wanted to say THANKS!! :rocks: