PDA

View Full Version : Our Magical Honeymoon - Day 4 (4/15/08)

brewcrew26
04-25-2008, 04:35 PM
Day 4 – Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios

It was up early today to be at Animal Kingdom for park opening. Let me say: It was freakin’ cold! I was bundled up in a hoodie and long cargo pants. It took until at least 2 p.m. for the sun to burn off the chill. But, I’m glad we braved the Arctic!

Kilimanjaro Safaris was amazing! I’ve been on it once before when the park first opened in 1998. We barely saw any animals. But, this day animals were EVERYWHERE! Our truck even got stopped by a bunch of rhinos in the road. They had to call ahead to get them cleared so we could safely pass. The only thing we didn’t get a good glimpse of was the lion. So, score one point for it being cold that day because the animals like the briskness!

Brett was like a little kid on the safari. He took SO many pictures (this is why I have over 800 photos to go through now for a scrapbook). He got some amazing candids of the lowland gorillas on the jungle trek. And there are some other great shots of the tigers.

After the safari, we jetted over to Asia to grab Fastpasses for Expedition Everest. We had about two hours to spare, so we grabbed lunch at the new Yak ‘N Yeti counter service. The portions were ginormous! They serve up Asian-style food in take-out containers. I had about a quart of rice, veggies, and ginger chicken. I barely made a dent in it. But, it was still yummy. I was really nervous about riding EE so I took my ginger pills (someone on Intercot recommend I take that instead of Dramamine and, surprise, it worked wonders!)

Finally, the wait to ride was over. The CM in the loading zone made us wait so we could have the front row. It was amazing! The view from the front is absolutely incredible. We could see resorts, parks, miles and miles. It was so gorgeous! But, then…

The speed and ferocity of the ride took me by surprise. I barely caught a glimpse of the Yeti except for a claw, or maybe it was a leg. I still don’t know. By the end of the ride, my mouth was all dry from pure shock. Now, I’m not a huge coaster fan and I have a huge fear of heights, but I’d definitely go on it again, but I’d have to ride close to the front. I definitely recommend asking a CM to sit in front. It’s just amazing what you see!

My ear infection didn’t do too well with all the jumbling about, so we passed on Dinosaur. It was too cold to go on Kali River Rapids. But, we decided to take in The Lion King Show. Brett’s seen the Lion King on Broadway and he loved the AK show. I really liked the tumble monkeys. They were really fun especially when they did some of the tricks on the high bar. DH and I were both pretty beat from EE, so we decided to head back for naptime.

We watched some more cartoons before heading back to DHS for dinner at 50’s Prime Time Café. Man, it was packed! I’ve never seen the place so loaded. The hostess said a stand-by wait time would be three hours (and that was around 7 p.m.) The food was OK, nothing spectacular. You can read the whole in-depth analysis in the Dining section. I was just a little peeved that our waitress kept thinking we were from Michigan. Oh, well.

After dinner we strolled through some of the shops before beating the Fantasmic crowd to the busses. We made it a pretty early night since we’d be back to the Studios in the morning.

cal5755
04-25-2008, 10:34 PM
My family needs to take a lesson and do some naptime lol. We go from park open to park close most days.

Glad you loved Lion King.. that is my favorite show in the World :mickey:

Another great day for the honeymoon couple!

pogo
04-25-2008, 11:22 PM
brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.... I got cold reading this, but it sounded like another great day.

I'm sadly surprised you missed the new Nemo show at AK. It is our favorite live Disney show. :D

Hull-onian
04-26-2008, 12:49 PM
Wished I had read your review of EE. I wanted to do it, but took the chicken out exit. I looked at the huge ascent, and thought forget it. I wanted to go to Yak & Yeti, ended up at Flame Tree (which was very good too.) I found AK to be a bit chilly as well.

pdrlkr
04-26-2008, 05:05 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

Bethis26fan
04-26-2008, 05:40 PM
Thanks for sharing.

faline
04-27-2008, 03:49 PM
It's great whent he animals are roving about like that! How lucky!

Very nice day!

ChipnDaleGal
05-01-2008, 01:21 PM
Too bad it was so chilly, but it worked in your favor with all the anmal sightings on the safari. Sounds like another really fun day for you two. Thanks for reporting. :mickey:

wdwgrl377
05-01-2008, 03:02 PM
Thanks for sharing! :mickey:

HndrdPrcnt
05-04-2008, 12:53 AM
brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.... I got cold reading this, but it sounded like another great day.

I'm sadly surprised you missed the new Nemo show at AK. It is our favorite live Disney show. :D

Thanks for another great report of another great day!! I do love that you are making the most of the days, but remembering to get in the necessary R&R!!

Pogo - great to hear you say this...I have not heard much in the way of this show. I will, now however, make sure that it is a MUST DO on our next trip.