PDA

View Full Version : Ice Wine at Le Cellier?

DisneyDog
04-25-2008, 01:24 PM
Does anyone know if they have ice wine at Le Cellier? We love that stuff, and we were watching a show on tv about it last night. We would love to have some while we are at WDW, as it is our favorite way to celebrate.

Mickey'sGirl
04-25-2008, 01:36 PM
Absolutely. Ontario Ice Wines are Internationally renowned (and award winning!). Enjoy!

McGoofy
04-25-2008, 02:37 PM
Yes! That stuff is wonderful! They also have bottles that you can purchase to take some home with you. During the Food and Wine Festival, the Canadian booth always offers a sample. It is very pricy, but just consider it a splurge!:mickey:

Polynesian Dweller
04-25-2008, 06:42 PM
Living in Ontario we get Ice Wine a lot and its a great sipper or dessert wine. So it will go best after the meal rather than with the entree.

There are two main varieties, Riesling and Vidal. We find Vidal from Inniskillin Winery to be the best Ice Wine so if its there be sure to get it. But you won't go wrong with Riesling or Jackson-Triggs winery either.

They do have ice wines at Le Cellier.

Magic Smiles
04-27-2008, 06:58 AM
I tried Ice Wine a few weeks back at a friends birthday celebration for the first time. Amazing stuff but oh so expensive. $50 a bottle at the liquor store, can't imagine what a restaurant would charge for it. We will be looking for it at the duty free shop this trip.

brewcrew26
04-27-2008, 07:50 AM
We also found an extensive ice wine list at Artist Point at WL. There was one from Walla Walla, Washington that I really enjoyed. I recommend trying their wine flight -- they choose three wines for three courses for $28. Each glass was about 3-4 ounces, I think. Very tasty!!