PDA

View Full Version : Our All Star Music Adventure - Day 4

MOJoe
04-25-2008, 01:13 PM
April 15th

After another late night at the parks, my touring plan is somewhat out of sorts. I had thought we would go to AK today, but the boys have been wanting to get to Epcot for Test Track and Soarin. Today, however, is early entry day for Epcot. And after brunch at the Food Court, we do not get to Epcot early. "I want to do Test Track, Soarin and Mission Space," Solo tells me, as we arrive. "Not gonna happen. This place will be packed." Sure enough, the posted wait times for the major attractions are over 120 minutes with no fastpasses available. "There is too much fun stuff to do here without getting in those long lines," i tell everyone. So we see Nemo and Crush. Totally Sweet Dude. When we are leaving The Seas, Indy says he needs a drink. "I've got just the place." Then i take everyone to Club Cool for the samples. The China version is a hit, and i even try the Beverly. A cast member watches me take a sip. It is very bitter. But i like gin martinis, so it is not out of bounds for my taste buds. I take another sip. Astounded, the cast member approaches me. "You took another sip of the Beverly?! Everyone always makes a face and spits it out!" "Yes, it's very bitter." She explains, "You know, in Italy they actually use it to cleanse their pallet." Jesting i say, "So they can throw up and eat more?" We laugh.
After my boys have had their fill of sweet soda, we move on to Spaceship Earth. I can understand the mixed emotions people have with the new version of this ride. It still is a great attraction, and some of the new additions add greatly to it. But it seems to have lost some of the "magesty" it had before. On the other hand, those younger visitors, who never experienced the former version, i believe will find it to be quite good.
After Spaceship Earth, Solo begins to beg to see Test Track. We walk over there, but the line is out the door. "No way. Let's go see Ellen instead." Everyone agrees. My family likes this attraction. And i think it may be the most underrated in all WDW. It's got comedy, thrills, education, a flying sequence, and great animatronics. Disney firing on all cylinders.

But after Ellens dream, Solo again begs to see Test Track. "I told you we were not doing any of the biggies today." Minnie chimes in. "We are right here, and he really wants to do it." "But it is a 70 minute wait!" "I like it too," says Indy. Completely outnumbered i give in. Once in line, our family runs the gamut of emotions. Solo is in heaven. Minnie is mildy happy. Indy quickly tires of the long line and beomes impatient. And me? I am upset. I am the planner. I don't do 70 + minute waits. I belong to INTERCOT! But here we are, in line with the rest of the clueless. And as i suspected, the posted wait time was a little too optimistic. Indy nearly melts down before we finally get to the briefing room. But after the thrilling high speed run, he says, "Totally worth it dad!" I shake my head in amazement.
The Test Track diversion has now really altered our plans. There is no way to make our ADR at Bomas, so we head to Down Town Disney. I wanted to let the boys check out Disney Quest, since they are such gamers at home. We all did enjoy the cars that shoot cannonballs at each other, and the Pirates virtual reality game was amazing. But the boys were just a little too tired to enjoy this place as much as i thought they would. And everyone got hungry, with that "I want it now!" kind of hunger. So instead of a nice dinner at Bomas, we ate at the Disney Quest snack bar. Minnie was none too happy about it. But maybe a lesson was learned. It's usually best to stick with the plan.
From there we took the boys to Pleasure Island and visited the Comedy Warehouse. Solo loves this kind of comedy, and watches it on t.v. all the time, so he had a blast. I have seen better, but hey....since the audience is part of the show, if it stinks, it's our fault! After the improv, we walk across the street. Now i should say it has been many years since i visited the Adventurers Club, and i had forgotten how "adult" the context was. After a few minutes i thought it would be best to leave. But we stayed, and went into the library for the show. A very funny show, but just too many sexual refrences for me to be comfortable with my children. And if that wasn't enough, as the French Maid went around the room, she stopped at our table and asked Solo, "How old are you, sweetie?" "14" She waltzes away and exclaims, "Mommy's goin' to jail!" Luckily there is a group of Sorority Sisters that garners much more attention than my family. So i am grateful not to be singled out more that that. But i am not above learning a lesson. It will be a long time before i bring a minor back to this place.
After our fun, we catch a very crowded bus back to Music. We relax a little and get to bed around 11. Early for us. Today has been a good day, but mostly for the lessons we learned. What we like, what we do not. What we will do again, and what we won't. For sure we will think twice before skipping an ADR, trying to get one more ride in. And maybe having dinner at a snack bar this evening was for the best. It will make tomorrow's dinner that much more special.

pdrlkr
04-26-2008, 04:42 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

Bethis26fan
04-26-2008, 06:49 PM
Thanks for sharing.

faline
04-27-2008, 04:09 PM
Sometimes you just need to go with the flow! You still had a fun day even if you didn't follow your plan for the day!

Young@Heart
04-28-2008, 12:17 AM
I enjoyed reading your report! I also love to stick w/ my plans. ;)

dolphinmickey9170
05-01-2008, 09:13 PM
I tend to stick to my plans 89% of the time. The other 11% is usually because we can't get out of bed.:D

Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

Disneywarrior
05-02-2008, 12:59 PM
Thanks for the report!

ChipnDaleGal
05-06-2008, 03:17 PM
Sounds like a good day despite the "Test Track Incident". Ending the day with the Comedy Club and Adventurers Club sounds fun. Thanks for reporting. :mickey:

cal5755
05-06-2008, 05:04 PM
It sounds like you had a great day despite straying from the plan. I am begining to wonder just how much we will stick to our ADR plan... I fear some will be cancelled for cs.... I hope not though!