PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know FOR SURE when the buses start running?

MuchLovedMama
04-25-2008, 12:56 PM
I have a reservaion at 9:00 a.m. (park opening time) at Hollywood Studios for a Character Breakfast on one of my days & I'm just trying to figure out if I will be able to be there "a few minutes early" as I was told to be.

My only option is the Disney buses but everywehre I look it varies on when everybody says the buses start running.

On Intercot's info central it states 1/2 hour early. On Disney's website it states 1 hour early & in my Unofficial Guide it states 2 hours early. :confused: I've seen the same variances on many posts here in the discussion boards. Can somebody tell me for CERTAIN when the buses start running? Thanks in advance.

Strmchsr
04-25-2008, 01:53 PM
A lot of times it depends on the day, on the resort, on the crowds, etc. hence the variations in posting. Generally they will be running 45 min before park opening at the latest, and often earlier. Check with your specific resort to be sure.

Hayden's Dad
04-25-2008, 02:59 PM
Ditto what Strmchasr said, but last time we went we stayed at POP and almost everyday we had reservations for no latter than 8:30 and we never had an issue grabbing a bus. The earliest we got one was at 7:05. You shouldn't have any issues. Have fun :mickey:

AwPhooey
04-25-2008, 03:10 PM
I had the same experience at Pop Century as Hayden's Dad.

I had a breakfast ADR at Kona Cafe at the Polynesian, so I took the MK bus as directed by the CM at the front desk. The driver dropped people off at MK and then at Contemporary, Polynesian and Grand Floridian for early ADRs.

You shouldn't have any problem getting to your breakfast well in advance of your ADR time.

Harriet
04-25-2008, 07:17 PM
Genarlly they have an early bus just for the Breakfast character meals. Last time I had a 7:30 meal for Kona's and I was staying at POP. Just got on the early bus and had more then enough time to get there. Always check with guest service desk the night before. I've seen buses as early as 6:30AM

Janmac
04-26-2008, 04:26 PM
A couple of trips ago while we were at WDW I couldn't get a definitive answer and was directed by a CM at the resort to call WDW-RIDE to find out for sure.

Jan

wendy*darling
04-26-2008, 07:28 PM
Character breakfasts IN the theme parks start at 8:05am. Every park has a character breakfast.
The buses start running at 7:00-ish, giving people plenty of time to get to those earliest seatings.
If yours is at 9:00, you will have no trouble getting to your breakfast.

Hull-onian
04-27-2008, 12:58 PM
I have a reservaion at 9:00 a.m. (park opening time) at Hollywood Studios for a Character Breakfast on one of my days & I'm just trying to figure out if I will be able to be there "a few minutes early" as I was told to be.

My only option is the Disney buses but everywehre I look it varies on when everybody says the buses start running.

On Intercot's info central it states 1/2 hour early. On Disney's website it states 1 hour early & in my Unofficial Guide it states 2 hours early. :confused: I've seen the same variances on many posts here in the discussion boards. Can somebody tell me for CERTAIN when the buses start running? Thanks in advance.

We just got back from All Star Sports. I went to concierge and they told me 6:45 a.m. I was thinking, hmph, I am not getting up that early for our ADR's. So we took taxis and it worked out good. It was not that expensive.

TheRustyScupper
04-28-2008, 12:35 PM
1) Buses start running at 6:45am.
2) They show at resorts about 6:50am-6:55am.
3) There are limited buses at this time, mainly for early meals.
4) The majority of the busses start 45-min to 1-hr prior to park openings.

NOTE: There are no resort-to-resort buses. Buses run from most resorts to parks and parks-to-parks.