PDA

View Full Version : Why don't they...

AlliMo
04-25-2008, 11:08 AM
have buses that go from park to park??? With all the emphasis on park-hopping, wouldn't they try to make this a little easier?
I have to say, I miss the old bus system when buses had flags and went to certain areas. I know the world is so much bigger but this old way seems to be more efficient to me. Anyone else feel that the bus system needs some help???

BMan62
04-25-2008, 11:49 AM
I believe that the buses USED to run between parks, but people were parking at DTD for free then using the buses to hop between parks. The buses are meant to be a perk for those staying at Disney Resorts.

ThanxForNoticin
04-25-2008, 12:27 PM
Actually, unless I'm missing a recent change, there ARE buses between the parks. I think all MK buses go to and from the Trans Center instead of the main bus stop. But there are buses running between DS/AK, DS/EPCOT, and AK/EPCOT.

BrerGnat
04-25-2008, 12:29 PM
I believe that the buses USED to run between parks, but people were parking at DTD for free then using the buses to hop between parks. The buses are meant to be a perk for those staying at Disney Resorts.

I don't think this is the case. It is still completely possible to "park for free" at Downtown Disney and then use the Disney system to get to parks via a bus. The easiest is actually to use SSR as a starting point, since it's right there. You *could* do it, but it's such a hassle and time waster that it's not worth it. There has never been buses to the parks from Downtown Disney precisely for this reason. They don't want to make it easy to do this.

I don't think the buses ever went park to park. The closest would be park to TTC, which they still do. There are buses from AK and the Studios to the TTC, and you can get to the TTC from Epcot via monorail. From the TTC, you can catch a bus anywhere.

faline
04-25-2008, 12:48 PM
Buses used to go from Downtown Disney to the parks and back but the practice was discontinued quite some time ago.

There are buses that do go from park to park, depending on the park you're in and the park you want to get to.

honeebee86
04-25-2008, 01:07 PM
As far as I know, there are buses that go from Park to Park. In Ak, Epcot, DHS there are bus stops for other parks and sometimes a stop to go to the ticket and transportation center where you can catch another bus to go to another park. Of course the monorail ties Mk and Epcot together anyhow. There are no stops at Mk to go to another park but there is one to the ticket and transportation center.

Von-Drake
04-25-2008, 01:09 PM
Buses DO still go between the parks, last week I took a bus from Animal Kingdom to Epcot and one from DHS to Animal Kingdom. All the parks have buses that run between each other. Downtown Disney is not a park.

AlliMo
04-25-2008, 01:46 PM
Is this a new thing??? Because when I was there in 2006, I found it very difficult to get to my ADR's. The monorail and the boat help with getting between MK, Epcot, and DHS, but every other connection is impossible. It was so cumbersome to get to DHS from TL and to any park from AK. Is everyone sure about this park to park thing?

faline
04-25-2008, 01:51 PM
I've taken park to park buses.

Piglet822
04-25-2008, 02:18 PM
WDW does offer transportation between parks. Depending on which park you're at and which park you want to go to depends on which mode of transportation you would use.
If you follow the link below that I have provided, it will take you to INTERCOT's info central page about how to get around WDW. I hope this helps, if you have anymore questions about how to get around just holler, we've got a bunch of Disney veterans that can help you out.
Disney does not offer resort to resort service, could this be what you were thinking? In that case you would need to use a theme park or DD as a transfer point.

Getting Around WDW (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/transportation/gettingaround.asp)

elmjimmlm
04-25-2008, 03:26 PM
Buses DO still go between the parks, last week I took a bus from Animal Kingdom to Epcot and one from DHS to Animal Kingdom. All the parks have buses that run between each other. Downtown Disney is not a park.

Where was the bus parked that you got on to go to Epcot? All the resort busses are marked so where was that bus? I didnt know this and have been going from park to resort to park...:mad:

Buttercup
04-25-2008, 03:33 PM
Um... there are definitely buses that go from park to park. That's been there forever. Guess you missed it! :mickey:

Usually the bus stops are located in the same general area as the resort bus stops. EXCEPT at the Magic Kingdom. If you want to go to another park, you've got to go to the Transportation & Ticket Centre to get on a bus to another park.

Water Parks are a little different -- I don't believe there are bus stops there for going to the theme parks. In that case you would have to go to a resort and transfer.

The buses are meant to be a perk for those staying at Disney Resorts.
Disney buses are for ALL ticket holders - regardless of whether or not they're staying on-site at a Disney resort. It used to be YEARS ago (like I'm talking, late 1980's) that you had to show resort ID to get on the buses, but that changed very quickly when park hopping became popular. Now the use of all WDW transportation is a perk of just having a ticket to a park, even if you're not staying at a resort.

Kerry823
04-25-2008, 04:00 PM
Took a bus last week from Epcot to Animal Kingdom. AK also had buses that went to Epcot and DHS. Monorail from Epcot goes to TTC and change to either boat or monorail for MK.

DHS also offers bus or boat shuttle to Epcot.

Gator
04-25-2008, 04:11 PM
I've been taking inter-park bus rides since I started going in 2002, and they still were there in 2006. I doubt they'd eliminate them. For anyone looking for them, they're usually in the same area that all buses come to. Just look at the signs that tell you which bus stop goes where.

You can't go to DTD from a park. That's the only place you CAN'T go from a park.

Aggie97
04-25-2008, 04:36 PM
We've taken park-to-park transportation (without transferring at a resort) on every trip from 2000-2008. I definitely recommend reading the Transportation FAQs on Intercot's "Getting Around WDW" page -- they are extremely helpful! :mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-25-2008, 05:06 PM
I can't believe that I didn't know this!

I got stranded at the Transportation & Ticket Center once...can't remember where I ended up going from there though...

magicofdisney
04-25-2008, 07:04 PM
Where was the bus parked that you got on to go to Epcot? All the resort busses are marked so where was that bus? I didnt know this and have been going from park to resort to park...:mad:
At the AK, the bus stop for other parks is at the end of the value resort bus area.

At the Studios, you can bus to AK and the TTC, and boat to Epcot.

At Epcot you boat to the Studios, bus to AK and monorail to the TTC and transfer monorail to MK.

At MK, you must go to the TTC and monorail to Epcot. On the other side of the kennel, bus to the Studios and AK.

Kidsmom
04-25-2008, 09:48 PM
There is park to park buses.

There is NO resort to resort buses.

Buttercup
04-25-2008, 10:14 PM
I'm surprised at the number of people, including Disney veterans that didn't know this! :confused: Weird!
I thought it was just common knowledge that there is transportation between the 4 parks... seeing as people park hop all the time.
I guess though, if you never looked for the signs then you wouldn't know.

lilolvr
04-26-2008, 09:03 AM
Actually, unless I'm missing a recent change, there ARE buses between the parks. I think all MK buses go to and from the Trans Center instead of the main bus stop. But there are buses running between DS/AK, DS/EPCOT, and AK/EPCOT.Yes, there are buses that go park to park. Just not resort to resort.

TheMartellFamily
04-26-2008, 11:16 AM
I have taken bus to park before.

AlliMo
04-26-2008, 02:26 PM
I am so mad that I missed this! I am pretty thorough so I don't know what happened. And if that is all true then how come no buses from TL or BB to any parks??? I would think that most people go to TL or BB for half a day and then on to another park for the rest of the day.

JPL
04-26-2008, 04:11 PM
There are no buses from the the Water Parks to theme parks to discourage people from walking aroung the parks in their beach attire. They want people to change before entering the theme parks. They don't want Speedos and Bikinis in the parks.

Donalds Duckie
04-26-2008, 07:06 PM
I've been park hopping via inter-park buses every trip since my first trip in 2001. I am also quiet surprised at the number of Disney enthusiasts here that were completely unaware of this interpark bus system.:confused: You can always head to the TTC but I prefer to skip that and go from park to park, much faster and easier.

Reading the first couple of posts had me a bit down thinking WDW had done away with these buses. I'm happy for those that have confirmed they are still in existence. I will be using them heavily again in December:mickey:

#1donaldfan
04-26-2008, 09:54 PM
I'm sure that this will not be the last time I learn something new about Disney, but this one really has shocked me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have even asked bus drivers about park to park busses and they've said that there are none????? That is very, very weird to me, that someone would tell us, and others, that there are no such things as park to park transportation, and be there all the time.....:confused:

I'm glad to hear it, it'll make things somewhat easier next visit......:thumbsup:

p.s. ...... I think it's even been said here that there are no park to park busses in past posts, maybe last summer sometime??????:confused:

JPL
04-27-2008, 12:04 AM
There have been park to park buses for quite some time what they don't have is Resort to Resort Buses. I think that's where people are getting confused.

sainter
04-27-2008, 12:54 PM
I am surprised at how many people here were not aware of the park to park buses too!! So often someone will say that they don't park hop because it is too time consuming -- maybe this is part of the reason?!

I do think that some of the confusion may also have been the fact that there is no resort to resort bus.

Hull-onian
04-27-2008, 02:07 PM
We just got back and took buses park to park. It worked great. Now to go to resort to resort, we took taxis. It was easy.

crazypoohbear
04-27-2008, 05:52 PM
There are no buses from the the Water Parks to theme parks to discourage people from walking aroung the parks in their beach attire. They want people to change before entering the theme parks. They don't want Speedos and Bikinis in the parks.

Thank the Good Lord for THAT!!!!:D

shellyc
04-27-2008, 05:55 PM
We have taken busses from park to park.
Last July 4th we were able to catch the Studio Special fireworks, then hop a bus to Epcot to catch their special July 4th fireworks.
We would have liked to catch all 3 July 4th fireworks, but we actually did because MK ran their July 4th special fireworks on July 3rd and 4th.

Donalds Duckie
04-27-2008, 08:38 PM
I'm also confirming these park-to-park buses are still in operation. My best friends live in Orlando and happened to be in EPCOT when I text messaged them to ask them if this service had been discontinued. They actually took the bus from EPCOT to AK and back this afternoon. They have also had family up from Ft. Lauderdale since Friday and they have been using the park-to-park buses their entire trip.

Y'all gave me a fright with these posts. I thought Disney had discontinued this bus service.

I have no clue why WDW bus drivers would give out wrong information:confused:. Perhaps they thought folks were asking about "inter-park" buses that would take you to EPCOT parking lot, International gateway, etc. etc.??? Similar to the inter-resort bus at CBR that simply goes throughout the resort?