PDA

View Full Version : Which is better at POR?

Mrs.Mickey
04-24-2008, 04:58 PM
Which is better at Port Orleans Riverside The Mansions or AB? ME and DH are going in sept. (yay free dining) and the person at reservations requested AB for us and told me it was better. Is that true or should I switch the request? This is also my first at a mod resort. I have stayed at the value resorts but mostly at the delux ones will I be dissapointed going to a mod from a delux? :mickey:

Mulan
04-24-2008, 05:09 PM
We've stayed a AB before and loved it. I think it is up to your taste. We like all of the greenery and flowers. The "swampy" look just reminds us that we are in the south. Also it doubles as privacy. It's not all open as in the mansions. The mansions are more open and "clean" looking. They are both unique looks.

rkwctw
04-24-2008, 07:11 PM
We have stayed at AB and have loved it and will be doing so again this May. It seems like they are closer to the main pool and resturant. Anywhere is WDW is great.

Gator
04-24-2008, 08:08 PM
I'd pick the mansions. When my wife and I got there on our honeymoon, we saw the mansions and were quite excited about staying in them. And then we realized we were in the Bayou. We felt like we were staying at an apartment complex in south Birmingham (that's not good). It was quiet, and that was then end of the benefits of staying there. Pick the mansions.

Mickey91
04-24-2008, 11:14 PM
We preferred the room decor and overall ambience of the Mansions. They are just so majestic and reminiscent of the old south!

katzctkpt
04-24-2008, 11:58 PM
We have only stayed in the AB side because we're a family of 5. The decor is rustic and the walkways are shaded and has a swampy feel. The mansion side is not as shaded a more open feel. Try to find some pics of both and depending on your style and taste choose that way.

JWB3
04-25-2008, 04:01 PM
We've stayed at POR/AB twice now and I highly recommend it for the relaxed atmosphere, the beautiful walks, and the peace & quiet, esp. at the quiet pools. Also having stayed at AKL and WL, I'd recommend POR for the value. It's a nice break from the parks - you won't regret it!

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-25-2008, 05:09 PM
We stayed in AB and loved it. We found it to be so relaxing, and so private and loved the winding paths!

The mansions looked nice, but the theming was just so awesome in AB!

Mrs.Mickey
04-25-2008, 10:06 PM
Thanks everyone for responding. Its disney so I'm sure I will love it no matter what! ( Yes I am that shallow if involves the mouse I probably will love it) :mickey:

elmjimmlm
04-25-2008, 10:13 PM
We are partial to Riverside just for the fact there are 5 of us...The FQ I would say is just as nice...I like being close to Boatwrights and the busses...:mickey:

lilolvr
04-26-2008, 09:02 AM
POR the AB section does not have elevators
POR the Mansions does have elevators

Kairi_7378
04-26-2008, 09:42 AM
I preferred the decor of the Mansions so when I found out I was in the Bayou I was initially disappointed. Not really into log furniture. However, the grounds around the Bayou are lovely and you can't beat their location. We got a king sized bed room in the Bayou and it was actually quite nice.

Ms.Disney
04-27-2008, 02:25 PM
We have only stayed in the mansions, after a long day at the park the elevators were a nice treat. We found them to be very beautiful. We will stay there again. I have to agree with the poster above, to us the look of AB was more like a apt. building. Have a great trip:mickey:

ellematt
05-01-2008, 12:57 PM
We stayed in the Magnolia Bend Mansion on the ground floor. Our room # was?? but tucked away in a quiet inside corner. What a beautiful place! Walking out the door surrounded by wonderful gardens! I'd definatly stay there again!
It's close to the pool (both the main pool and a quiet pool) and just across the river from the main building and bus stops.

#1donaldfan
05-02-2008, 09:29 AM
We love the AB....it's so laid back, shady, quiet....just a relaxing feel after a long, hard day at the parks.....the mansions do not offer anything more or less, other than staying in a "better looking" building, more of a "grand" look......actually, if you look at the pics of the rooms, they are virtually the same with the ONLY difference being the decor ....eg. bed frames, pics, wall paper......and as far as being in an innner city slum, I don't think you have to worry about that either, in fact, we simple people who frequent the AB are pretty nice :thumbsup:

KayDee
05-03-2008, 02:20 PM
We prefer the mansions. They are nicely laid out. The quiet pools are usually uncrowded. Sometimes its just us. No walk seemed very long whether it be to the lobby, bus stop or even FQ.

DISNEYLOVERS5
05-05-2008, 07:26 AM
well I am feeling better now, we usually camp but this year we are doing free dining ans staying at POR in the AB. I requested building 14 so (fingers crossed) hopefully we will get it.

Mrs.Mickey
05-05-2008, 02:19 PM
Us too! Gotta love free dining!

GoofyFan3
05-19-2008, 04:15 PM
DH and I are staying at POR this July for the first time. I would like to stay in the AB building 18, I like the look. When we get back I will let you know.