PDA

View Full Version : Magical Contemporay Trip Day 8

ltam16
04-24-2008, 04:10 PM
Woke up early to pack and get ready to check out. Then we went for to Ohana for breakfast. We saw Lilo, Stitch, Mickey & Pluto. And we bought the picture because it came out really nice. I liked that it was 2 pictures--the whole character group and a shot of our family (plus 3 smaller ones of the family). The food was so yummy. The pineapple bread was very good and I loved the juice...it reminded me of my trip to Hawaii.

After breakfast we did some shopping at Poly and GF shops. My dd was looking for the chip and dale dressed in Year of Million dream costumes and no one had them. It was too late to go to Downtown Disney and my dh and I didn't see them there anyway so I crazily went to MK. Itold them my dilemma and I bought a one day ticket. They wrote the time down and said I had 45 minutes to shop. I raced to the emporium like a lunatic, bought them, and raced back towards the exit and gust relations. The Family fun day parade came through and I was excited becasue I had wanted to check it out but I didn't want to take too much time so I raced out to guest relations for my full refund of the one day ticket. They were surprised how fast I was. Lesson learned: Buy what you want the first time you see it.

I met up with everyone back at Contemporary. The kids and mil were playing skeeball in arcade. My mil is like a kid at Disney- I love it. Water slides, Barnstormer and now skeeball! After we took the boat from Contemporary to Ft Wilderness and Wilderness Lodge and back to Contemp. The driver was hilarious and I enjoyed seeing the former Discovery Island and River Country...brought back memories of my childhood at Disney.

Then we hung out watching the cartoons in the lobby while we waited for ME. My dd tooth finally fell out in Disney world so I hoped that the toothfairy would bring pressed coins for her when she left the tooth out at our home (The toothfairy did and dd was thrilled!).

We caught our ME bus, checked in at the airport and had some dinner at the foodcourt and checked out the fish there. I thought the aquarium was going to be huge, but it was still nice and kept the kids occupied.

Our flight home on Southwest was great. One of the flight attendants was terrific. I thought I was on the jungle cruise with all his jokes. It was a nice way to end our trip.

pdrlkr
04-24-2008, 08:53 PM
Thanks for all the great reports! :smickey:

KineGirl
04-24-2008, 09:51 PM
Thanks for all the great reports! I could totally envision everything and it sounded so fun and memorable!! I really hope our vacation is just as awesome! :mickey:

faline
04-25-2008, 12:23 PM
Great reports! I didn't think that Disney still allowed shopping passes like that - at least you were able to get what you wanted!

cal5755
04-25-2008, 08:18 PM
What an awesome trip you had. I enjoyed reading each and everyday of your magical trip!!

SgtTigger
04-25-2008, 09:56 PM
Thanks for the report....

This was a great trip.

you had a great view....

It sounded like you had a great time.....

I had a great time reading it..... thanks for sharing.......

:cop: :tigger:

dolphinmickey9170
04-26-2008, 10:18 PM
Thanks for sharing.:mickey: