PDA

View Full Version : Just Returned! Dining Review (Crystal Palace)

brewcrew26
04-24-2008, 01:37 PM
Day 6 - Crystal Palace Character Breakfast

Our day started off with a little confusion. Crystal Palace lost our ressie. But since we had a confirmation number they were able to accomodate us. From observation, it looked like several other families were having problems with their ressies that day. One woman was on the phone with WDW-DINE while talking to a host trying to figure out what happened to their ressie.

Even with the confusion, we were seated just after 8 a.m. right near the windows. There was another newlywed couple right next to us. The CMs put Mickey pixie dust in the shape of hearts on both tables. The other couple (who had a different waiter) also got a signed picture from Winnie the Pooh and friends. DH was a little bummed that our waiter didn't have one for us.

The Crystal Palace buffet is mostly the same favorites - pancakes, waffles, bacon, egg, fruit, cereal, breads and muffins. I really enjoyed the corn beef hash fritatta. It was light and fluffy. There was a touch of onion, too. My other favorite (I went back three times for it) was Pooh's Puffed French Toast. The best way to describe it is like a beignet but instead of powdered sugar it has granulated sugar. It was so light and fluffy and mmmmm (I'm almost drooling on my keyboard)

The waiter told us it could take up to an hour to get through Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore and Piglet. But they were going through tables pretty fast. If you happen to be in the buffet line and not at your table, they won't stop and wait for you. So, if you see them getting close, make a run for the table otherwise you'll have to wait for them to make another round trip.

There's was a cute little parade with the characters carrying hunny pots and balloons and the kids following them. At one point there was a back-up and Eeyore had to nudge some kids along. We also enjoyed the little boy, Warren, next to us who was celebrating his birthday. He was just adorable! The look on his face when Pooh stopped at his table was priceless!

It's been a long time since I had eaten at Crystal Palace and was happily surprised with the outcome. We were done a little after 9 a.m. so we were pumped to get through MK attractions again before the huge crowds made it into the parks.

Up next: Our last meal at Artist Point...

SBETigg
04-24-2008, 01:48 PM
My DH loves corned beef hash, thanks for the fritatta tip! It may be just what I need to tempt him to CP next time. We haven't been in years.

:tigger: Sounds like a good time.

joanna71985
04-24-2008, 02:02 PM
I love CP. It is a lot of fun (especially the little "celebration"). However, I prefer lunch/dinner to breakfast.

Jared
04-24-2008, 05:01 PM
Crystal Palace is definitely one of the most fun restaurants, especially in the morning. Glad to hear you had such a good time. That French toast really does sound delicious.

:tasty:

jillluvsdisney
04-24-2008, 06:50 PM
Our worst experience ever was at Crystal Palace breakfast buffet. The server was horrendously rude and indifferent. Never in a million years will I back there again. I'm glad to read you had a better experience. For our next trip, we have vetoed any character buffets.

ElenitaB
04-24-2008, 10:26 PM
We, on the contrary, had the most awesome server EVER at CP. His name is Michael Todd (we've had the pleasure of his company twice), and we've even gone to City Hall to commend him.

(You never know when you're happening upon someone during what is a perfectly awful day for them.)

HndrdPrcnt
04-25-2008, 03:03 AM
We also had an amazing experience at the CP last trip!! Just so happened that as we were waiting to be released to walk back to the restaurant, we were asked to be the "Family of the Day" and help Mickey with opening the Magic Kingdom. We were supposed to have an 8:15am ressie, but when we were done with helping with the park opening, they sat us immediately. We LOVED the puffed french toast as well and I pretty much made that my main focus for all of breakfast. Yummy!!

Natazu
04-25-2008, 03:17 AM
D
If you happen to be in the buffet line and not at your table, they won't stop and wait for you. So, if you see them getting close, make a run for the table otherwise you'll have to wait for them to make another round trip.
That's the main reason we tend to do the Family Style character meals like GG and 'Ohana. I'm glad you enjoyed the food, though.

Mickey'sGirl
04-25-2008, 10:00 AM
That's the main reason we tend to do the Family Style character meals like GG and 'Ohana. I'm glad you enjoyed the food, though.
Are you sure it doesn't have anything to do with breakfast being early in the morning? ;)

You forgot to mention the Breakfast Lasagna!! Man o man! Terrific stuff!

Like Ellen, we have had some really terrific CM's at the Crystal Palace ... some have really helped us through some serious meltdowns (we have two autistic son's who have periodic meltdowns). One CM even went to get something for DS to eat so that he wouldn't miss Tigger making his rounds.

brewcrew26
04-25-2008, 12:06 PM
You forgot to mention the Breakfast Lasagna!! Man o man! Terrific stuff!

I don't recall seeing Breakfast Lasagna at all. There was a breakfast pizza on the kid's station, but what's the lasagna all about?

Mickey'sGirl
04-25-2008, 12:32 PM
I don't recall seeing Breakfast Lasagna at all. There was a breakfast pizza on the kid's station, but what's the lasagna all about?
It reminds me of trifle -- here's a link to the recipe (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/recipes/breakfastlasagna.asp) -- It's the kind of thing you go back for a second time ... just for a taste ;).