PDA

View Full Version : Just Returned! Dining reviews (Le Cellier)

brewcrew26
04-24-2008, 12:49 PM
Day 3 - Le Cellier

This is another of the new restaurants for me to try (others being Boma, Artist Point). I was very impressed with the service, atmosphere, and the quality of the food.

Being on the DDP, this was such a great find. You're basically breaking even with one meal plus you get high-quality food that rivals the steaks from other more well-known restaurants.

We had a 4:50 ADR for Le Cellier. So after enjoying some of the World Showcase (we needed to relax after a long day and night in MK), we made our way to the Canada pavilion. Not only is the landscaping breathtaking and great for pictures, the CMs in the area are so friendly.

We checked in at the podium and waited less than five minutes to be seated. In the dining area, we were seated in the "Ontario" section. Our hostess said that all the areas are separated by one of the Canadian provinces. I couldn't really tell the difference by any noticeable architecture. It all looked like deep tones of wood, with the flickering of candlelight upon white linen table cloths.

We were seated next to a gentleman vacationing alone who was very nice and we talked to him a bit about the DVC and how the steaks are aged in the basement. He makes it a point to come several times a trip.

We started off by sharing a bowl of the cheddar cheese soup made with the Moosehead ale. It was amazing! I could eat bowls of it and not want to eat anything else. Add on top of that the pretzel breadsticks (there's also sourdough and multi-grain, also exceptional) and you have an uber-incredible dipping sauce. The hint of bacon and the rich cheese lent so much flavor. And unlike many beer cheese soups I've had, you aren't left with a heavy beer aftertaste which can sometimes be bitter and overpowering.

DH had the mushroom filet mignon served with a wild mushroom risotto and fried onions. I enjoyed the 14-oz NY strip with baby yukon potatoes and a side of asparagus. Both steaks were incredibly done. Cooked to perfection. The tenderness was almost unreal. You barely had to chew. The beef almost melts in your mouth. DH's risotto was creamy and the wild mushrooms lent another level of flavor to his dish. The asparagus, all five stalks, was a little pricey for a side dish costing more than a pound would at the grocery store. It was also a tinge overdone and had lost its "bite," or crispness.

For dessert, DH enjoyed the adult-version of the chocolate mousse, while I indulged in the child's "chocolate moose", a cute and almost too picture-perfect to eat indulgence. But, the maple leaf cookies for antlers were crispy. A red shortbread tongue was tasty along with the decadent mousse filling. And the chocolate cake that topped the mousse was moist and tasty.

Overall, Le Cellier will probably be one of the restaurants we stop at every trip now. I hope the DDP higher-ups don't remove it from one of the participating restaurants because it presents a high-class service environment to families who normally wouldn't be able to enjoy such fine cuisine.

Up next: 50's Prime Time Cafe...

pogo
04-24-2008, 01:04 PM
Thanks for sharing this with us. We only have about 50 days to wait before we can make our ADR's and Le Cellier is one of the first ones to make ! :thumbsup:

Oh.... and Congratulations ! :D

MMouse6937
04-24-2008, 01:17 PM
Le Cellier is our favorite place to eat at WDW. You are right that the steaks are out of this world and the cheese soup is the best. We got the receipe last time and I make it at home sometimes! Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:

joanna71985
04-24-2008, 02:15 PM
Thanks for the review. I will be eating there in Aug, and I can't wait!:thumbsup:

elmjimmlm
04-24-2008, 02:23 PM
We are now deciding where we are going to make our ADRs...Now I have another to think about...Thanks:mickey:

Jared
04-24-2008, 02:32 PM
Almost everybody raves about Le Cellier, but it just doesn't appeal to my family. I don't eat steak, so I suppose we wouldn't like it as much. Still, the pretzel bread and chocolate mousse dessert are so appealing.

Thanks for the review!

:tasty:

BelleLovesTheBeast
04-24-2008, 03:09 PM
Thanks for the review! I love reading these. I think I'm going to have to try that Mushroom Filet when we go. It will be our 1st time eating at Le Cellier.

Bohms4
04-24-2008, 03:14 PM
We ate there for the first time last week and I agree with you. It was wonderful. Steaks were great and the service was wonderful.
Great review!

Jeff G
04-24-2008, 04:51 PM
Another great review:thumbsup:. LeCellier is one of our familes favorites and is a must do every trip.

doodleboy
04-24-2008, 07:56 PM
Awesome review! We are dining there in just a couple of weeks for the first time, and my mouth was watering just reading you review. Nice work!:high5:

cal5755
04-24-2008, 09:06 PM
I am loving your reviews!! This will be a first for our family in September and you made is sound so yummy!!! I can't wait!!

tiggersgirl
04-24-2008, 09:17 PM
We are now deciding where we are going to make our ADRs...Now I have another to think about...Thanks:mickey:

I second that. Maybe for my birthday......:party:

brewcrew26
04-24-2008, 10:23 PM
Awesome review! We are dining there in just a couple of weeks for the first time, and my mouth was watering just reading you review. Nice work!:high5:

I am loving your reviews!! This will be a first for our family in September and you made is sound so yummy!!! I can't wait!!

Thanks everyone! Well, it helps that I work as a part-time food critic in my "real life". So I'm glad you all like it!!

HndrdPrcnt
04-25-2008, 02:58 AM
Well, again I am so glad that we made resies for LeCellier for our upcoming Sept trip!! I have heard nothing but great things about this place, but have never been able to get a reservation. Lo and behold, the reservation is booked for our upcoming trip and we will finally get the chance to do this restaurant ourselves!!:thumbsup:

Natazu
04-25-2008, 03:02 AM
Day 3 - Le Cellier

We checked in at the podium and waited less than five minutes to be seated. In the dining area, we were seated in the "Ontario" section. Our hostess said that all the areas are separated by one of the Canadian provinces. I couldn't really tell the difference by any noticeable architecture. It all looked like deep tones of wood, with the flickering of candlelight upon white linen table cloths.
Yeah, uh, me neither. Thanks for an well written review. Looking forward to seeing more. :thumbsup:

SurferStitch
04-25-2008, 06:50 AM
Ooooooohhhhhh.....you're making me so hungry for our trip! Only 10 days to go!!!!! We never miss Le Cellier, and this trip is no exception.

Thanks for the review!

Mickey'sGirl
04-25-2008, 09:55 AM
Like Jared, Le Cellier doesn't cut it for me...but I am glad that you enjoyed your meals so much! I am enjoying your reviews. :mickey:

TinkerbellT421
04-25-2008, 10:08 AM
Me and the DBF went there in Jan '07, we missed it this trip around in Jan '08, but we DIDNT have ADR's and we walked right in, I think it had to be less then five minutes. I took the best pictures there. And yes everyone was very nice there. And OMG The mushroom filet was amazing I had the same thing!! One of my fav's. We are going either in Dec 08 or Jan 09 and we are taking two friends with us and we are taking them there. Its a must not miss place of ours!! lol.

DANAM
04-26-2008, 02:49 PM
Thanks for the review. My husband and I have been eyeing the exact items ya'll chose for months. We will be there in 21 days and can't wait. Hope our measl is as wonderful as your was.

Bethis26fan
04-26-2008, 03:52 PM
Thanks for the review.

dmosher
04-26-2008, 05:22 PM
Great and accurate review. I know there have been a few reviewers putting LC down, but this is one of our favorites and is definitely a must see dining location on every WDW trip. Thanks again,
:pipes:
D

pdrlkr
04-27-2008, 09:50 AM
Thanks for the review! :smickey:

LandFan
04-28-2008, 01:54 PM
Mmmm. The mushroom filet is to die for!! I agree! Nice review, by the way - very detailed.

prprincess
04-29-2008, 11:53 AM
Thanks for your review!!

We just returned from our trip on Sunday, and dined at Le Cellier the Friday prior for our 5th Wedding Anniversary. It was probably one of the best meals that I have ever had in my life!!:thumbsup:

fairies*n*fireflies
04-29-2008, 11:46 PM
We ate at Le Cellier our last trip there and used our DDP's for it. Definately a good choice an upscale dining experience at a mid income wallet thanks to DDP. Overall our meal was great. The only thing I did not care for was the cheese platter that I ordered for my appetizer. I love cheese, but the blue cheese varieties that they had were HORRIBLE!! Worse tasting cheese in my life! However the Maple Creme Brulee made up for it 3x over.

The night we were there there was a lone gentleman sitting next to us (me,Dh, my parents and my 4 kids... so needless to say it was not a quiet dinner). He was VERY European-uppercrust.. anyway, I didn't realize it until we went to Norway and were shopping that we were sitting next to the guy who designed the perfume that they sell in Norway. It was kind of cool!