PDA

View Full Version : Ee?

BostonChic
04-24-2008, 12:49 PM
I was wodering;for those who have ridden Expedition Everest,would you say its a thrill ride or more family style?Is it worth a long wait?

NotaGeek
04-24-2008, 12:59 PM
Definitely a thrill ride, and absolutely worth the wait ... but fast pass is the perfect alternative to waiting in line...

MickeyMousse
04-24-2008, 01:30 PM
Thrill Ride and absolutely worth the wait!:coaster:

Tygger7
04-24-2008, 01:34 PM
Coming from someone that's not particularly fond of roller coasters...

Definitely a thrill ride, but soooo worth the wait! It's my new favorite...don't miss it!

joonyer
04-24-2008, 01:57 PM
EE is most assuredly a thrill ride, one with BIG thrills; part of the ride is downhill backwards through the dark at high speed on a helix (spiral) shaped track, along with a giant (20 ft tall) animatronic yeti coming out of the dark inside the mountain. Lots of "G" forces and screams. FUN, FUN, FUN!

joanna71985
04-24-2008, 01:59 PM
It is a thrill ride. But it is awsome!!

DisneyDudet
04-24-2008, 02:01 PM
It is so a thrill ride! My mother hates rollercoasters... (she likes SM and California Screamin, but HATES RnRC... and EE is her new favorite!). It is so great, and so worth the long wait. We have yet to do FP for it, or wait in the long line. We always do single rider, as we find it a lot faster!

IloveDisney71
04-24-2008, 05:46 PM
We waited 1 & 1/2 hours to ride EE when they were previewing it before the official opening and it was SO worth the wait!!!
Since then, we've always fastpassed it or been lucky enough to be there during slower times so the wait times weren't that bad.

MMouse6937
04-24-2008, 05:49 PM
Totally a thrill ride. Not so sure about a family ride, depends on how adventurous your family is. My best friend's DD7 went on and was absolutely terrified. I have to say that I thought it was definately worth the wait, but DH wanted to go again and I had him go by himself. The backwards part when it dips down made me a little :sick: and I really thought if I went again I would have had a headache for the rest of the day. BUT, I wouldn't have missed it!! :number1:

Duchess99
04-24-2008, 06:59 PM
Totally worth it!!!
I've been to WDW more times than I can count and only ridden it once, but it's one of my absolute favs!
:coaster:

ltam16
04-24-2008, 08:17 PM
Definitely a thrill ride. I just went on it acouple of days ago for the first time! Backwards is something! We fast passed it. My kids loved it. Its their new favorite.

grumpyguy
04-24-2008, 08:48 PM
yes,yes and yes!!!!ee rules the animal kingdom.
i think this attraction has really helped ak become a must-do destination.:thumbsup:

GrmGrninGost
04-25-2008, 12:34 AM
Definite thrill ride! Definitely worth the wait! Of course, I wouldn't wait too long! My course of action is to get there early, ride it once, get a fast pass, ride it again, then come back when the fast pass is good! :mickey:

Soul_Power
04-25-2008, 02:33 AM
DEFINITELY a thrill ride and DEFINITELY worth it! Expedition Everest was one of the main reasons that we went to Animal Kingdom at all! Make sure to take advantage of FastPass!

Bohms4
04-25-2008, 08:42 AM
I wouldn't consider it a family ride....depending on the ages of your children. Definitely Fastpass it as the wait can be long. We Fastpassed it and my daughter and I were lucky enough to get the front row (she's 6). She said she absolutely loved it....I think she was a bit scared!
Like everyone else before me said...thrill ride! Don't miss it!

onjbj
04-25-2008, 08:49 AM
I cannot say THRILL RIDE loudly enough!! The single rider line is fantastic- we basically walked right on. Personally, I would not take a child on the ride unless they like roller coasters- A LOT!!

IamBelle
04-25-2008, 08:54 AM
Such a thrill ride! We waited in a long line twice in a row to ride it!

Diznee4Me
04-25-2008, 09:03 AM
Definite thrill ride! Definitely worth the wait! Of course, I wouldn't wait too long! My course of action is to get there early, ride it once, get a fast pass, ride it again, then come back when the fast pass is good! :mickey:

That is exactly what we do! Great minds think a like!:D:thumbsup:

pluto 77
04-25-2008, 09:27 AM
Its a thrill ride for sure!!!!! But if you enjoy roller coasters it is worth the wait for sure! You can always go and get a fastpass

ThunderChunky21
04-25-2008, 09:34 AM
Does anyone know if they still have the single-riders queue for EE? I am the only one in my group who rides "rollercoasters" and rode it using single-rider queue last time and jumped right on.

2MuchWDFun
04-25-2008, 09:40 AM
Yes, it is worth the wait. You do need to go through the que at least once. There's a great himalayan/yeti museum inside that is a must see and gets you in the "Yeti" mood.

As other's have said about it being a family ride...it all depends on your kids. At age 5 my son loved to ride on roller coasters. We took his friend with us on one trip and he was scared and didn't want to ride them. You know your kids...some kids love it after riding it. It's okay to be a little scared (that's part of the allure of roller coasters), but I wouldn't want a terrified child riding.

battle beast
04-25-2008, 11:53 AM
Of course it's a thrill ride; not everyone in the family may like it, but it is worth the wait... and yes, it may scare some young'ens. :secret:

It is well worth the wait, but I find it kinda tame, myself...

cal5755
04-25-2008, 12:01 PM
THRILL RIDE of course like everyone above has said. Worth the wait for sure!!

Last Sept DD was 7 and loved it... DS was 12 and would not even attempt it (he says he will this year lol but we shall see). DH, DD and I all love it and will ride it every trip.

honeebee86
04-25-2008, 01:00 PM
In my opinion, EE is definently a thirll ride by Disney standards. But not only just because of the ride itself, but also due to the imaginatin put into the ride. It is not to be missed in my opinion and I do think it is a family ride as long as no one in your family is extremely scared of coasters ( i am a chicken when it comes to rides but LOVE EE and RNR). As far as long waits goes, if it does happen to be a long wait, I think it is worth it. You can also get Fast Passes for the ride though. Although, everytime I have been to AK the wait was less then 10min! I was there right before President's Day and rode it twice in a row with barley any wait. If you do have to wait, make sure to check out the queue, it is so great!