PDA

View Full Version : Who is new at the Tear Drop???

DDuck66
04-24-2008, 10:51 AM
Less than three weeks until we go and we are both too excited!! Any new characters been out at the Tear Drop in the last week or so???

joanna71985
04-24-2008, 01:06 PM
The Teardrop is very sporadic when it comes to characters. You never know if/who/when there will be characters there. The characters I have seen most often there have been Max, Meeko, Suzy and Perla, Prince John, the Sheriff, among others. You just never know.

Jozymouse
04-24-2008, 04:15 PM
I only found out AFTER we got back from our Feb 2008 vacation that during one of our vacation days, Strombolli and Little John were at the tear drop :bang::rant: It would have been my FIRST time meeting Strombolli and my frist time in over 10 years meeting Little John. Oh well. We did run into a few cool (but not all that rare) characters at the American Adventure in EPCOT... Prince John, Friar Tuck, 3 country bears together, Mickey, Goofy, Pluto, Suzie & Perla, Rafiki, Gedeon, Mr Smee. In 2006, we met Rabbit for the very first time at that spot, now THAT was a GREAT find! :thumbsup:

Hayden's Dad
04-24-2008, 04:59 PM
Where at the American Adventure is the character meeting spot?

joanna71985
04-24-2008, 06:20 PM
Where at the American Adventure is the character meeting spot?

It is right near the Liberty Inn. They stand in the area near the gate, and in front of the railing by the lagoon.

Hayden's Dad
04-25-2008, 09:31 AM
THanks I will have to keep an eye out for them. I have never seen any characters here, but here's to hoping.

IamBelle
04-25-2008, 09:42 AM
wat is the tear drop?

DDuck66
04-25-2008, 10:10 AM
wat is the tear drop?
It is a location at the back of Toon Town, where they have unannounced character meet n greets. A lot of times they will have characters that are either new or not usually seen at the park, We saw Darkwing Duck and Crash the last time we were there.
If you walk back to the end of Toon Town and look to the left as you are facing the train station.

Jozymouse
04-25-2008, 12:57 PM
DDuck66: Hi, i'm sorry but who is Crash?

joanna71985
04-25-2008, 04:44 PM
wat is the tear drop?

The Teardrop is an area down in Toontown. If you are facing the train station, it's the little area off to the left (just past the smoking section).

Brer Robert
04-25-2008, 10:56 PM
DDuck66: Hi, i'm sorry but who is Crash?

I'm not sure, but I think DDuck66 means Launchpad McQuack.

DDuck66
04-27-2008, 05:17 PM
I'm not sure, but I think DDuck66 means Launchpad McQuack.
Sorry I could not remember his name!!! Thanks for the help.

Dyanna
04-28-2008, 01:49 PM
When I was there in Oct 2006 I saw Mary Poppins in the teardrop but we had already seen her in AK the day before.

BelleLovesTheBeast
04-28-2008, 07:53 PM
We don't have kids so we rarely go into Toon Town. Do they have a time that they usually show up at the Tear Drop?

joanna71985
04-28-2008, 08:14 PM
We don't have kids so we rarely go into Toon Town. Do they have a time that they usually show up at the Tear Drop?

There is no way to know what days/times there will be characters out there. It is very random.

saintsiner
04-28-2008, 11:45 PM
I was there last week, and checked at 4 different times to see if anyone was out, no luck. Good luck to anyone going, as like someone else said you never know who and when anyone will show up here.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
04-29-2008, 01:04 AM
I would say that if they are doing it and you have time to spare, wait in the area for about an hour or so. If they are doing their sets, they would most likely have a couple of times they come out during the early morning and mid afternoon (during parade times).

I know when I met Jack Sparrow, it was around every hour. For Maleficent, it was the same with a larger break between 1:30 and 3:30.

BelleLovesTheBeast
04-29-2008, 01:59 PM
I would say that if they are doing it and you have time to spare, wait in the area for about an hour or so. If they are doing their sets, they would most likely have a couple of times they come out during the early morning and mid afternoon (during parade times).

I know when I met Jack Sparrow, it was around every hour. For Maleficent, it was the same with a larger break between 1:30 and 3:30.

Thanks! I'll make sure I check it out then and hope to see someone.

AwPhooey
04-29-2008, 02:35 PM
Will the folks at City Hall have a list of who is going to appear at the teardrop and at what times?

Or, is this something that is simply up to the CMs who send out the characters?

joanna71985
04-29-2008, 02:41 PM
Will the folks at City Hall have a list of who is going to appear at the teardrop and at what times?

Or, is this something that is simply up to the CMs who send out the characters?

No. City Hall would not know if/who/when there would be characters there, nor would the people in Toontown.

rjmdds
05-03-2008, 10:32 AM
I just got back yesterday:( after a wonderful 10 day stay. We checked the teardrop multiple times and found nothing. I was so hopeful as this was my first trip knowing about it. Oh well. Maybe next time. It was funny to see some people wandering back there with stretched out necks to see if anyone was back there...obviously some fellow Intercotees!

Jason_Broadway
05-03-2008, 01:02 PM
Hi. I got lucky one time at Tear Drop, and Launchpad MCQuack came out, and I was glad to get him. Since then I haven't seen anyone else. I have a question- has anyone seen any Robin Hood Characters lately? I already have Friar Tuck and Prince John on my list. I would love to get Robin Hood, Sheriff of Nottingham, and Little John to complete my list, and if anyone has seen Rabbit from Winnie the Pooh, let me know cause I'm on the hunt for him and I'm sure others are too. Jason Broadway.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
05-03-2008, 07:09 PM
The last time I saw Friar Tuck was at AK a few months back. I saw Prince John at DHS March 28. The others I haven't seen in some time.

I also got Governor Ratcliffe yesterday at AK.

rjmdds
05-05-2008, 05:34 PM
Prince John was at DHS last week at the unannounced 5pm meet at the hat . He was with The Evil Queen. They were not out long (I just missed the cutoff) but the CM said they would be out again the next day at 5pm.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
05-06-2008, 12:17 AM
When I was at DHS the other day for the 5pm meet, it was only the Snow Queen. No other villians were out.

Young@Heart
05-06-2008, 12:48 AM
When I was at DHS the other day for the 5pm meet, it was only the Snow Queen. No other villians were out.

Are the DHS meets at the Hat only at 5pm? We aren't expecting to be there at this time, and I'll be so sad if we miss a chance at some of these great characters. I'll always wonder who we might have had the chance to meet. :(

CaptainJessicaSparrow
05-06-2008, 08:37 AM
They have meetings in the morning before noon, however there is a higher chance of getting villians at night for Fantasmic but it's not a guarantee to have villians.

Which is why I dub it the Fantasmic Meet.

Young@Heart
05-11-2008, 01:55 AM
They have meetings in the morning before noon, however there is a higher chance of getting villians at night for Fantasmic but it's not a guarantee to have villians.

Which is why I dub it the Fantasmic Meet.

Oh no, I can't tell DH this. :blush: I've scheduled us at DHS 2 different days, but either before or after 5pm. Maybe I can't try to rearrange things a little. :confused:

joanna71985
05-11-2008, 07:57 AM
There are no villians at the morning times. It is just the VIPs.