PDA

View Full Version : WALL..E doing any meets?

Hayden's Dad
04-24-2008, 10:39 AM
Has anyone heard anymore rumors if Wall..E will be making any appearences before the movie comes out?

DDuck66
04-24-2008, 10:53 AM
He would be a great addition to Future World. I can see the Talking Trash Can and Wall-E involved with some great interaction.

disneydude1
04-26-2008, 12:00 PM
According to screamscape.com, wall-e will begin meeting guests in time for his movie at the studios and either disneyland or california adventure. They plan on having a wall-e animatronic 3 foot character on each coast.

tinksmom02
04-26-2008, 10:20 PM
DD's going to be excited to hear this!

At the Magic of Animation in DS, you think?

Who's there now, still the Remy and Emile?

joanna71985
04-26-2008, 11:28 PM
DD's going to be excited to hear this!

At the Magic of Animation in DS, you think?

Who's there now, still the Remy and Emile?

Remy and Emile are not out meeting anywhere currently. The characters at Animation are Mr. and Mrs. Incredible, Frozone, and Sorcerer Mickey.

Young@Heart
04-26-2008, 11:59 PM
Oh, I would love to see him added, but I REALLY hope they don't get rid of Mr. and Mrs. Indcredible and Fozone to clear an area for him. :( We haven't gotten to meet them yet, and DH will be so disappointed if we miss them.

Hayden's Dad
04-28-2008, 10:01 AM
Has anyone heard where he might be meeting and when it will start?

DisneyWizard
04-28-2008, 04:03 PM
According to Screamscape he will start meeting around the time of the movie's release at Hollywood Studios.

Hayden's Dad
04-28-2008, 04:48 PM
That stinks that won't be until around June. I was hoping he would start coming out in the next few weeks. (Mainly because that's when we will be there. :D) Oh well maybe later this year.

Jozymouse
04-29-2008, 03:25 PM
Hayden's Dad: Heres a few positive thoughts for you. When i was in WDW in May 2005, Chicken Little and Abby started coming out at the MGM hat even though their movie was only coming out later that year. I really hope they will bring out Walle a bit before the release of his movie so you and your family can meet him! :wave: :thumbsup:

Hayden's Dad
04-29-2008, 03:35 PM
Thanks Jozy.

To be honest if he is not there this time then we will have something ot look forward to next time. :thumbsup:

"SULLEY "RULES!!
05-01-2008, 08:26 PM
Hope he's out and about in November at Disney World. He's sooooooooooooooo...cute!!! I think all of us are going to fall in love with this character. :thumbsup:

Jozymouse
05-02-2008, 12:21 PM
Hope he's out and about in November at Disney World. He's sooooooooooooooo...cute!!! I think all of us are going to fall in love with this character. :thumbsup:
I'm already in love just by seing the previews!!!!!:blush:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
05-03-2008, 07:05 PM
Mark me down as the one person who isn't excited about Wall-E.

But I'll probably use a free pass to see and end up liking it.

Mufasa
05-07-2008, 06:22 AM
Why not bring Wall*E home with you?

I recently got a chance to see and play around with a very cool product coming out from Disney Consumer Products- called the Ultimate Wall*E which recently made a public debut at the Maker Faire this past weekend.

Disney in conjunction with toy manufacturer Thinkway toys has created a toy robot version of Wall*E which is very advanced and should be out this summer and several other robotic toys will also be launched this year from Disney, but the Ultimate Wall*E is impressive, but won't be cheap- it will retail around $190.

It features 10 motors, various sensors (stereo sound, motion/object detection and avoidance) and a remote control with an interesting touch pad control so you can either control the robot manually or put it into an autonomous mode and Wall*E will roll around and react to the environment.

They've done a great job through some very clever programming and design that really captures the character animation and brings the robot to life- quite a challenge and amazing to me considering that a few years ago we at WDI put a lot of time, effort through R&D and money to create magical character interaction experiences in the parks and a lot of that same level of wonder can be brought into the home because of the advances in technology.

With that said, Imagineering is of course ready to raise the bar again... :)

Young@Heart
05-07-2008, 07:30 AM
Wow! DS 12 would love to have his own Wall*E. We just tossed out his old robot last week-it took him a long time to part with it.

Hayden's Dad
05-07-2008, 09:11 AM
Why not bring Wall*E home with you?

That does sound cool! :thumbsup:

Mufasa
05-10-2008, 05:03 AM
I should also point out that there's a contest running through the Disney.com website to have Wall*E visit a school- you can find the entry information here:

http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/wall-e/contest/

Strangely enough, submissions need to be by someone age 14 and up, and involves submitting a 500 word or less essay on why Wall*E should visit your school but the winner can designate the school that Wall*E should come and visit (so I believe that means that parents can submit an essay on behalf of their kids to have Wall*E come and visit their kids school if your kids want to write the essay- it just has to be submitted by someone over the age of 14)

If selected, on or about the week of June 13th the winner's school of choice will be visited by Wall*E himself!

Contest is open to residents of the 50 states and DC and employees of Disney and associated companies, the members of household or immediate family members are ineligible.

Young@Heart
05-11-2008, 01:52 AM
Strangely enough, submissions need to be by someone age 14 and up, and involves submitting a 500 word or less essay on why Wall*E should visit your school but the winner can designate the school that Wall*E should come and visit (so I believe that means that parents can submit an essay on behalf of their kids to have Wall*E come and visit their kids school if your kids want to write the essay- it just has to be submitted by someone over the age of 14)

I should do this. I teach at DS's school. :thumbsup:

joanna71985
05-11-2008, 07:59 AM
Darn it! Another thing I can't do.:(

SurferStitch
05-13-2008, 08:27 AM
I'm already in love just by seing the previews!!!!!:blush:

I've downloaded several previews and clips for my iPhone.....I've been watching them all the time! I think he's adorable!

Mufasa
05-14-2008, 08:13 PM
And if you were wondering just what a life-sized Wall*E would look like (as envisioned by Imagineering)...

Wall*E spotted in LA (http://www.vimeo.com/1014358)

joanna71985
05-14-2008, 08:50 PM
And if you were wondering just what a life-sized Wall*E would look like (as envisioned by Imagineering)...

Wall*E spotted in LA (http://www.vimeo.com/1014358)

Wow! That's too cool!