PDA

View Full Version : I Really Need Your Help.....please!!!

Ms.Disney
04-23-2008, 11:17 PM
Ok here is the deal, DH and I are staying at the WL for our 1st wedding anniversary we will be there for 4 days here is our
plans. (As you will see below we run in to trouble on day 4.) PLEASE HELP ME

Day 1

Get settled in the room, have lunch at the food court. then we will be off to explore the resort, take pictures and visit the
gift shop of course. Then we will head back up to our room to get ready for our late dinner at Le Cellier. To get to Epcot
we plan of leaving early, to take a more Disney route we are going to take the boat to MK then the monorail to epcot.
that about does it for day one :mickey:

Day 2

We will be having breakfast at the foodcourt and then we will be off to MGM or DHS what ever they call it.:blush: I am almost
ashamed to say but we have been passholers for 3 years and have never seen ANY of the shows at DHS. We are going make
our day at DHS as a day to enjoy the shows and maybe do a ride or two. We plan on leaving the park around 2:00. We would
like to get a bit of rest at the resort before we get ready for our dinner a Wolf Gangs and a night of DTD shopping. :cloud9:

Day 3

We are planing on sleeping on on the third day. We are going to get up spend some time bumming around the resort and
having lunch at the foodcourt. Then maybe some shopping in the gift shop (I am big on shopping). We plan on leaving
the resort around 3:00 for some fun at Epcot and dinner at coral reef and some shopping around the "world". :party:

Day 4

We will be up bright and early for breakfast at the foodcourt. Maybe do a little hidden Mickey searching around the resort.
Now this is where it gets tricky, this is our MK day. MK is only open untill 9:00pm and we have ADR's at Kona around 6:00pm. I
love more than anything being in the MK at night time, with us eating at Kona we would have to leave MK to go back to WL
to freshen up and go to dinner. With us having dinner at 6:00 I really dont see us getting back to the MK to do much as it would be
about an hour before closing. I was thinking......if I cancel our ARD's at Kona and eat somewhere in the MK we could do more.
Please help me with my MK mess.:faint:

Thank you for reading and let me know what you think

TammiMcMan
04-23-2008, 11:43 PM
Would you consider having a late lunch at Kona instead of dinner? You might not feel as obligated to go back to the WL to change/freshen up if it's just lunch. That way, you do get a bit of a break away from the park, but you aren't running around as much and you'll be back in plenty of time to enjoy the MK in the dark. We've done this many times (leaving for a late lunch) and then just snacked in the evening with more finger food type stuff.

I especially love the MK in the evening as well, so I hate to plan a long dinner while I could be enjoying the lights, evening parade and fireworks.

Ms.Disney
04-23-2008, 11:53 PM
That is a GREAT idea! Thank you so much. We are really looking froward to eating at Kona. :mickey:

TammiMcMan
04-24-2008, 12:12 AM
I'm happy to help. Sometimes Disney planning can get very overwhelming, especially when you don't want to miss anything. Considering you have wonderful dinner plans for all the other nights, I just figured it wouldn't be that bad to switch Kona from dinner to lunch.

Ms.Disney
04-24-2008, 12:17 AM
Your right about the overwhelming part. Having lunch instead of dinner is going to be alot better for our schedule. :mickey::mickey:

Mickey91
04-25-2008, 01:45 AM
I would definitely cancel Kona and stay at MK. Maybe pick up a quick bite at Cosmic Rays or a quiet lite dinner at the Plaza Restaurant.:mickey:

HndrdPrcnt
04-25-2008, 02:26 AM
I really like the lunch idea at Kona as well. I have heard nothing but wonderful things about Kona and we plan on trying it for both dinner and breakfast next time we are at DW. Enjoy!:thumbsup:

Ms.Disney
04-26-2008, 06:59 PM
Well I could not get in to Kona for lunch for that date. But I canceled our ADR's for kona for dinner and made ADR's for lunch at the Liberty Tree Tavern. We have eat there before for dinner and it was not bad. So now our plan is to take the boat from WL to the MK get a few rides in before lunch and go back to the resort rest and pack up a bit, then go to MK and close the park. :mickey:

TammiMcMan
04-26-2008, 07:26 PM
Sorry you weren't able to get Kona. It's between Liberty Tree and Tony's as to which one in my families favorite.

After re-reading your first post, I did want to point out to you that the deluxe resorts don't have food courts. At the WL, there is counter service available with sandwiches and burgers. Then there's the Whispering Canyon Cafe, which is a little more expensive.

wendy*darling
04-26-2008, 07:38 PM
After re-reading your first post, I did want to point out to you that the deluxe resorts don't have food courts. At the WL, there is counter service available with sandwiches and burgers.
I was just about to post the same thing.
Roaring Forks is the CS place at the Wilderness Lodge.

Also- for Day 1- Instead of taking a boat to the MK, you can take a boat from the WL to the Contemporary to catch the monorail. Your first stop will be the TTC, where you will switch to the Epcot monorail. If you go all the way to the MK, your first stop will be the Contemporary, then the TTC for the switch. That will take much longer.

Ms.Disney
04-27-2008, 11:13 AM
Thanks for the tips!