PDA

View Full Version : Bus pick-up at hotel

goofynmd
04-23-2008, 10:09 PM
We have booked a 4 night cruise in Sept. I am trying to plan a WDW trip for the days prior to the cruise. I do not want to book the land and sea package because I want flexibility if we need to change our plans.
My question is, what time do the DCL buses usually come around for pick-up at the resorts? Would we have time to schedule a breakfast reservation at a hotel in the morning the day of pick-up? My plan is to spend 3 days (Thurs-Sat) in the parks and then leave for the cruise Sunday.

Piglet822
04-23-2008, 11:19 PM
Pickup times vary from resort to resort and the bus does not pick up at all resorts.
DCL resorts are (and someone correct me if I miss one) POFQ, POR, Beach Club, Swan, Dolphin, Polynesian, Grand Floridian, AK Lodge, AK Park, and DVC resorts for DVC members.
Grand Floridian is the first resort to be picked up and their pickup time is 10:45, AK Park is the last pickup, I believe at 12ish. There are different buses for different pickup times - it's not like you're going to get picked up at the Grand and then ride aroumnd for over an hour until it's time to pick up AK Park guests.

Pixie Power
04-24-2008, 06:40 PM
If you want specific times for specific resort pick-ups, call DCL and ask. They will gladly tell you the pick up times for each resort. Be sure to tell them you're doing the 4-Night cruise so they can look @ that specific day of the week's times. :thumbsup:

ElenitaB
04-24-2008, 11:01 PM
We were scheduled to be picked up from the Boardwalk (where we were DVC guests), around noon, but the bus ran much later. We had a very nice, leisurely breakfast that morning at Cape May Buffet.

goofynmd
04-25-2008, 09:33 PM
I just spoke to a DCL rep on the phone. We are not doing the Land and Sea package. He said we would be responsible for getting our luggage on the bus. We are planning on staying at a value resort where there is no DCL pick-up service. Does this mean we have to transport our luggage on Disney buses to a different resort for DCL pick-up? That doesn't seem very reasonable to me.

RobWreck
04-26-2008, 01:19 PM
When we were staying at a non-DCL pick-up hotel (ASM), we just arranged for pick-up at a nearby DCL hotel and took a cab over. The ride was cheap enough and it sure beat trying to take luggage with me onto a regular Disney bus. Cabs between resorts are fairly inexpensive, and while it would be nice if DCL would pick up at each hotel, it's understandable why they don't.
Rob

PS: Once you get to whatever DCL pick-up hotel you're going to, let the bell services desk know and they should be able to point you over towards the DCL rep to check in...

Piglet822
04-26-2008, 01:25 PM
I just spoke to a DCL rep on the phone. We are not doing the Land and Sea package. He said we would be responsible for getting our luggage on the bus. We are planning on staying at a value resort where there is no DCL pick-up service. Does this mean we have to transport our luggage on Disney buses to a different resort for DCL pick-up? That doesn't seem very reasonable to me.

Because you are not staying at one of the DCL resorts you are responsible for your luggage and your transportation.
You can do what the above poster suggested and take a cab to the nearest DCL resort or you can take DME to the airport and catch the DCL bus from there.

goofynmd
04-26-2008, 02:42 PM
Thanks for the advice everyone. I guess a taxi seems to be the easiest option.

2 more questions -
We aren't going to have my son's car seat with us. He is 3 years old. I am a little nervous about being in the taxi without one. Is there any law in Florida about kids and taxis?

And, once we get to one of the DCL hotels and see DCL rep, do they take our luggage from there or do we keep it with us until it is time to board the bus. I am trying to decide if we would have time to eat or walk around the resort.

Thanks again!

RobWreck
04-26-2008, 08:21 PM
Can't answer your question about the car seat, but my experience was that bell services took the bags into storage for us. As for time to walk around, that would depend on your pick-up time and when you got to the hotel... we made sure to get to OKW early enough to grab breakfast at Olivia's before our pick-up (iirc, our pick up was around 11-11:30?)
Rob