PDA

View Full Version : SSR Question

forgettomorrow
04-23-2008, 09:44 PM
Hello everyone, I am a total lurker...but I'm breaking my silence with a question.

My family and I feel like professional Disney Vacationers after all of our trips to the world. However, we still look for new and fun things to try with every visit.

We are staying at SSR for the first time this summer, and I was wondering if there are any special and unique perks to this resort that aren't found at other DVC/ WDW resorts.

Gator
04-24-2008, 03:28 AM
It's pretty ordinary as deluxe/DVC accomodations go. My friends have a DVC there and always try to stay somewhere else.

MsMin
04-24-2008, 10:16 AM
I didn't look forward to staying there but we loved the place after our stay there and we are not the big "doing things at the resort" type. They have a great pool by the main building and I think they have movies at night but what we loved was to step out our room on the lake and take a stroll to dtd. It never had the feeling of "crowded" in Oct. ;) and the buses were always prompt and frequent.
I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

ThanxForNoticin
04-24-2008, 12:48 PM
It's pretty ordinary as deluxe/DVC accomodations go. My friends have a DVC there and always try to stay somewhere else.

I really have to disagree. Personally, we feel SSR is a very nice place to stay - great pool and a fun resort. We always take advantage of the easy walk to DTD. They also have the best spa on Disney property (according my wife)! You can take a nice boat ride up the river to OKW or Port Orleans. I think you can also take the little motor boats out on the lake. You have easy access to golf right there at SSR (if you golf). And being close to DTD, you have a large selection of restaurants within walking distance. I think you'll enjoy it. Have a great trip.

tundramom
04-24-2008, 07:30 PM
Look for creatures in the lake, we always see otters and last year there was an uninvited guest in the water:secret:

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
04-24-2008, 09:19 PM
We LOVE SSR! :cloud9:
We bought into DVC with SSR as our home resort sight unseen.
We do not regret that decision at all.
The grounds are beautiful, the Villas are fresh and clean and the bus service was great in September when we were there for 10 days. We liked Artists Palette and the walk to DTD was short and pleasant.
We will be there again in December and are really looking forward to it.

Have a great trip!