PDA

View Full Version : Spa Massage & Cabana Massage

DakotaDisney
04-23-2008, 07:52 PM
Has anyone ever had a massage on a Disney Cruise?

I am going on my first cruise in May and one of the main reasons I am going is to relax. I have also never had a massage before, but have always wanted to try one.

My question is, is it worth the price? I could get a massage in my town for a cheaper price, but is the expereince and quality of the massages on the cruise worth the extra cost?

Also is the Castaway Cay cabana massage worth the extra $30 dollars?

I also suppose you should tip the person giving the massage? Yes or no and how much?

Thanks for your coments!

brdavis
04-23-2008, 10:53 PM
My wife talked me into a couples massage the first cruise, and certainly didn't have to talk me into it on the second - it was wonderful. My wife says it was better than massages she's had off the ship (it was my only "professional" experience), and the teams we had in both cases were fantastic - both at the massage and putting us at ease. We usually tip 20%, but I have no idea if that's "usual". I just now for this quality of service, a "normal" 15% tip seems too low to my tastes.

Another point - halfway through our massage, the pager went off. I decided to answer it, forgoing the rest of my massage. By the end of the day, the spa had refunded the 2nd half of my massage, and I was given a standing offer to reschedule the rest of my massage at my convenience. That's service.

--
Brian Davis

TammiMcMan
04-23-2008, 11:34 PM
I would suggest having a manicure/pedicure at your local salon. Those are really nothing special on the ship and they're much less expensive at home. A massage at sea or on Castaway Cay is the ultimate in relaxation. I definitely think it's worth the few extra dollars to schedule the massage on Castaway Cay. The little huts are steps from the ocean, so you can lay there, hear the sound of the water and feel that warm tropical air.

When you schedule your treatment, just give yourself enough time to recover afterwards. It's really important to drink a lot of water and also get your feet under you again. I learned that the hard way, after one especially relaxing massage, where I got myself together too quickly and proceeded to walk into a couple of walls :blush:.

For spa treatments, it is customary to leave a 20% tip. That can be raised or lowered though depending on the quality of your massage. You can give cash, or have the tip added to your room bill.