PDA

View Full Version : Is it a short walk from Dolphin to Studios or Epcot?

WDWFan2005
04-23-2008, 04:05 PM
Hi everyone!

Here's the situation: I'll be staying at the Dolphin for a conference, but it's an all day conference and I'll only be getting *one hour and 15 minutes* for lunch. I'd ideally like to meet my family inside one of the parks for lunch. (we're annual passholders, so I wouldn't have to buy an extra ticket just to have lunch for an hour!)

Is 1.25 hours enough time to walk from the Dolphin to, say, Hollywood and Vine at the studios, have lunch, then get back? How far is the walk? Is Epcot perhaps closer? Maybe 1.25 hours is enough time to go for Fish and Chips in England or something.

Please help! Let me know your suggestions, I'd like to make ADRs soon. Thanks!

WDWFan2005

DizneyRox
04-23-2008, 04:14 PM
Depending on how fast you walk, that should be doable. The TS H&V might take longer than your have, but the CS Fish and Chips shouldn't be a problem.

It's probably close to walk to MGM, but both are pretty close.

You WILL need to walk though, the boat is certainly not the faster choice.

AwPhooey
04-23-2008, 04:17 PM
An hour and 15 minutes is probably not enough time to get to a park, eat, and get back.

I'd estimate 15 minutes each way to either park, so right there you're down to 45 minutes.

Then, if the lines to get into the park are long, that could be 10 minutes (less likely if you go to Epcot, as the International Gateway entrance isn't very busy). Add the time it takes to get to a restaurant (which isn't long, but it adds up) and you may be down to 35 minutes for a meal.

I'd recommend one of the following:
- a counter service at Epcot (there are some close to the International Gateway, so you wouldn't spend too much time getting to the restaurant once in the park)
- a counter service at Yacht and Beach Club (I think Beaches & Cream is the only CS option)
- a counter or table service at the Boardwalk (either Big River Grille & Brewing Works or ESPN Club)
- counter or table service at Swan or Dolphin (I'm not familiar with the options there)

Jeff
04-23-2008, 07:11 PM
We stay at the Boardwalk area hotels often. Many recent times at the Swan. I think it is quicker to walk to Epcot and go to a counter service establishment near the International Gateway to eat.

You're definitely too close to not try this.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-23-2008, 07:23 PM
You could always check the menus on line, have your party get there before you and order your meal and then that will save you time. I'd plan on Epcot because it takes less time to get there.

brewcrew26
04-24-2008, 11:39 AM
No one mentioned this yet, but if you're bringing a briefcase from the conference you'll have to go through the security checkpoint. It can be kinda long if a boat just let out near Epcot or MGM and you have to wait behind all the other people with strollers, camera bags, purses.

We had an instance last week at the International Gateway. All the ticket turnstiles went down at the same time so they only had one working. There was probably a line of 50-some people who had just gotten off one of the boats.

It's an extreme, and probably rare case, but you never know what's going to happen. I'd probably suggest something at Boardwalk to be on the safe side.

ThanxForNoticin
04-24-2008, 12:40 PM
I think your idea to walk to EPCOT and grab some Fish n Chips would work. Figure 15 minutes to walk from the Dolphin to EPCOT, a couple minutes to get in, and then just a few more minutes to get to the CS in Great Britain. The trip back to the Dolphin would be even easier. You might even have time to walk to the bakery in France for dessert before heading back!

big blue and hairy
04-24-2008, 04:55 PM
I would also go for counter service. You never know when the sit down restaurants will get backed up and you'd be without lunch or late.

I'd suggest not only counter service, but if you call ahead to your party and let them know your coming, they could get your meal and you'd have more time to relax and eat!

:sulley: