PDA

View Full Version : DHS Star Wars Weekends

medic9016
04-23-2008, 02:59 PM
Should we stay away from DHS during this time? What goes on during these weekends? I'm kind of looking foward to seeing some of the Star Wars characters.

KylesMom
04-23-2008, 03:06 PM
If you are a Star Wars fan, by all means go to DHS! The meet-and-greets, parades, shenanigans by the characters, backdrops, etcetera just make for a really fun day.

On the flip side, if you were not a Star Wars fan, I would recommend you choose Mon-Thursday in June to attend. We've attended numerous Star Wars weekends and have enjoyed each and every one of them! :mickey: The pics we've gotten of DS over the years with the characters are PRICELESS!

elmjimmlm
04-23-2008, 07:45 PM
We did it for our boys last year and we loved it...You can see all of the characters from the movie walking around posing for pictures...I think that it great for everyone...:yoda:

AnnieBananie
04-23-2008, 07:56 PM
Been to the Studios twice during the Star Wars promotion. It was fun, but very crowded!!! If you have Star Wars fans in your family, by all means go. But, be prepared for lots of other fans, too.

forgettomorrow
04-23-2008, 09:22 PM
I haven't been back for Star Wars weekends since 2006, but the times I have gone have been rather painless. I encourage you to go during EMH if at all possible. I found I had most of the characters to myself when arriving so early. In fact, I had seen most of what I wanted to see before the gates officially opened.

Even if you are not a rabid fan, you may still really enjoy it. My mother is not a SW fan by any means, but she admits that the SWW were one of her favorite things to do in WDW in recent years.

KylesMom
04-23-2008, 09:51 PM
I encourage you to go during EMH if at all possible. I found I had most of the characters to myself when arriving so early. In fact, I had seen most of what I wanted to see before the gates officially opened.
Just a note that they are not having a.m. EMH during SWW this year - usually DHS opens early on Friday a.m. in June, but not this year. I believe it was just too hectic for the staff.

Mickey91
04-23-2008, 10:57 PM
If you want to see the Star Wars characters then you will need to go DHS.:darth:

Gator
04-25-2008, 08:54 PM
I would love to see all the Star Wars characters walking around. That would be cool to accidentaly run into Darth Vader or a Jedi.

joanna71985
04-25-2008, 09:27 PM
SWW are awsome!! But they can be super-crowded!