PDA

View Full Version : Bus Drop off

Terk24
04-23-2008, 01:33 PM
Does it irritate anyone else when you are staying at a deluxe resort and they drop you off at a value resort location, because the bus is needed there? I only get irritated because to me that is a perk, a small one, but a perk of deluxes is closer stops. I know at least we are there :-)

JerseyDad
04-23-2008, 02:05 PM
.....I'm assuming (as poor a choice of word that is)...that you mean the drop off point in the park(s)...and not back at the resort...which would of course mean that your staying in GF...and they drop you at POP!

THAT would be one heck of a hike!!!!

...but in all seriousness....the walk from most of the bus drop off stalls at the parks...to the entrances....is not that great a distance. And if it was...then it's another "perk"...since it's that much more of WDW that you get to see!!;)

CleveRocks
04-23-2008, 02:31 PM
In reality, there's no relationship between level of resort and distance to bus stops at the parks. It's a common misconception, and it certainly is NOT a perk. The bus slots change from time to time, so you may have happened upon a coincidence, but it is NOT designed to be that way.

Just a few brief examples. At MK, there are 3 "lines" of bus slots, and therefore there are 3 slots that are the closest to the turnstiles, the 3 slots at the "front" of each of the 3 "lines." During both of my recent trips, I stayed at Moderates, and during both trips the resort I was at (a different one each trip) was at slot #11, the slot at the front of the line closest to the lake. If the theory of Deluxes get the closest slots held true, then about the first 2 slots in each line would be taken by Deluxe resorts.

During my most recent trip, the POR/POFQ (Moderate resorts) bus slot at the former MGM Studios was literally the farthest away slot from the entrance. Guess which resorts had the slot next to us, the second-farthest away slot from the entrance? That slot was for Grand Floridian, Polynesian and Contemporary.

The perks of the various levels of resorts exist only within the confines of those resorts. They don't extend to the parks. Value, Moderate or Deluxe guest, everyone is treated exactly the same when at the parks.

Nascfan
04-23-2008, 07:57 PM
Yes, CleveRocks is absolutely correct. There is no correlation to what resort gets what slot at what park. One of our trips, we stayed at AllStar Sports and that was the closest slot to Studios.

katzctkpt
04-24-2008, 09:53 AM
I thought the bus stops changed. The second year POR loading location was in a different spot at the parks.