PDA

View Full Version : HM's Pet Cemetery

Von-Drake
04-23-2008, 12:46 PM
Has anyone noticed the statue of Mr. Toad in the Pet Cemetery just outside the Haunted Mansion. My wife noticed it last week after we finished the ride. She never noticed the cemetery and when I pointed it out to her she noticed the statue.
I took some pictures and they can be seen here:
http://picasaweb.google.com/chaspics/DisneyPublic

We thought it humorous because she never got to ride Mr. Toads Wild Ride at WDW, but did get to ride it on our trip to Disneyland a few years ago.

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
04-23-2008, 01:10 PM
I've never noticed that! But that's pretty cool!

Chris :hatter:

Imagineer1981
04-23-2008, 02:11 PM
It has been there for quite some time now, and it just makes me sad. Its like a finality that Mr. Toad won't be coming back :(

katzctkpt
04-23-2008, 03:18 PM
HM was closed last yr on our trip so, we will definately be looking this upcoming trip.

WDWFREAK101
04-23-2008, 03:32 PM
I saw that about 5 years ago and I keep looking at it every trip. It makes me sad that Mr. Toad won't be coming back but also makes me a little happy that he is still here throughout the park. (Have you seen the picture of Mr. Toad giving the deed to the building to Owl in Winnie The Pooh? It's a classic:mickey:)

Von-Drake
04-23-2008, 03:33 PM
(Have you seen the picture of Mr. Toad giving the deed to the building to Owl in Winnie The Pooh? It's a classic:mickey:)

Yep, we look for it every time we go through.

dumbo ears
04-23-2008, 04:07 PM
Thats really cool. Is the pet cemetary the one that you see the in the queue line or is it after the ride.

Tick-Tock
04-23-2008, 04:26 PM
Thats really cool. Is the pet cemetary the one that you see the in the queue line or is it after the ride.

It's after the ride, on the hill to your left as you have left the mansion and are heading toward the exit gate. Most people don't even notice it.

McGoofy
04-23-2008, 04:52 PM
I took a picture of Mr. Toad in the HM pet cemetary last time I was there too.

I know about Mr. Toad in the Winnie the Pooh ride, but I haven't seen it yet, and I have looked a few times. Why am I missing it? Where exactly is it?

JPelle76
04-23-2008, 07:43 PM
I took a picture of Mr. Toad in the HM pet cemetary last time I was there too.

I know about Mr. Toad in the Winnie the Pooh ride, but I haven't seen it yet, and I have looked a few times. Why am I missing it? Where exactly is it?

I think it's owl's house which is like the 2nd or 3rd room, it's where all the pictures are scattered about, it's on the left side when you first go into the room hanging on the wall. Also as you go a little further in there is also a picture of just Toad, lying on the floor on the right.

It's funny I just recently head about Toad in the pet cemetary, or actually i just head that there WAS a pet cemetary! I've been to HM a bunch of times and I never even realized that it was there!

KineGirl
04-23-2008, 08:18 PM
Thats so funny! I never noticed that! Im going to have to look next trip... :mickey:

pianobabe
04-23-2008, 10:06 PM
I think it's owl's house which is like the 2nd or 3rd room, it's where all the pictures are scattered about, it's on the left side when you first go into the room hanging on the wall.

You have to look back over your shoulder. DH and I rode Pooh several times before we actually spotted it.

The pet cemetary is pretty good too.

Mickey91
04-23-2008, 10:18 PM
That is cool! I never noticed either before! I will definitely be looking in Sept!

Altair
04-24-2008, 06:24 AM
Here is a photo of Toad passing the deed to Owl. It has been cropped from the original photo.
http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2975156230053696626JZsUNV

As stated above, it is to your left after you enter Owl's house. You must look over your shoulder and be quick.:mickey:

TheDuckRocks
04-24-2008, 09:47 AM
Here's a quote from a Haunted Mansion cast member that had me laughing:
"Thaddeus Toad, sad but true,
Not as commercial as Winnie the Pooh."

DDuck66
04-24-2008, 09:56 AM
That is priceless. I have been by there at least a hundred times and have never noticed the statue of Mr. Toad. I will have to add it to my pictures when we go in 3 weeks.

McGoofy
04-24-2008, 11:34 AM
Here is a photo of Toad passing the deed to Owl. It has been cropped from the original photo.
http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2975156230053696626JZsUNV

As stated above, it is to your left after you enter Owl's house. You must look over your shoulder and be quick.:mickey:

Thanks for the photo. Now I know exactly what I am looking for.

Thanks to the rest of you who gave advice on the location. I am determined to find this on our trip in 34 days!!!!

mac badger
04-24-2008, 11:48 AM
when people ask, how do you keep the magic after going to WDW so many times..
this is how
all these little details really make it special. i like having a litle quest to go after, whether it's hidden mickeys or the mr toad statue. they do so many small details that make the parks magical

CaptSmee
04-24-2008, 11:45 PM
Mr. Toad has sadly been in the pet cemetery for years...he's in the far left corner...send him my regards!

AdventurerKim
04-26-2008, 11:55 AM
A couple of years ago someone posted here about Mr. Toad being in the Pet Cemetery at HM, and we took pics of him. We rode Mr. Toad in DL five times last month, and I relished the rides and the memories of the one in WDW. I miss it in WDW. :(

JPelle76
04-27-2008, 11:43 PM
when people ask, how do you keep the magic after going to WDW so many times..
this is how
all these little details really make it special. i like having a litle quest to go after, whether it's hidden mickeys or the mr toad statue. they do so many small details that make the parks magical

I agree with you 100%!!! I LOVE looking for all those little details! It becomes VERY addictive! I already have the mental list going for when I go in July! Mr. Toad in the pet cemetary is #1 on my list along with something else I recently found out about in another post, by the pet cemetary aparently there is an engagement ring in the cement that Master Gracie threw out the window! So can't wait to see this!!!

McGoofy
05-05-2008, 09:58 AM
This weekend I started reading a really cool book titled 101 Things You Never Knew About Disney World. The facts in this book are kind of like the hidden Mickey book except they are just little hidden things to look for around the parks. One section is devoted to talking about Mr. Toad at the HM and at the Winnie the Pooh ride. I am going to quote a paragraph:

The left wall of Owl's house features paintings, one of which shows Mr. Toad handing a piece of paper marked "DEED" over to Owl, implying a transfer of this property from Toad to Winnie the Pooh and his pals. A second painting on the opposite side of the room has "fallen" onto the floor showing Moley, another character from Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, standing with Winnie the Pooh. A third painting, back on the left side of the vehicle, in the same room shows Owl smiling through a handlebar moustache in a tribute to Winky, yet another character from the Toad movie and attraction. To top it off, in this picture Owl is wearing a skimmer straw hat, just like Toad was at the end of his movie.

I never knew there was so much tribute to Toad in the Winnie the Pooh ride!

Then the book talks about how Toad is buried at HM because his ride can no longer be found at MK. It says that the tombstone actually reads: "Here lies Toad/Sad but true/Much less profitable/Than Pooh."

Not to get way off topic here, but the book also mentions another attraction that pays tribute to a former attraction that was in its spot. If you step inside the room carved out of the base of Pooh's tree in Pooh's Playful Spot, there is a sleek blue shape above the doorway that represents a submarine for the area that used to be 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.

There are so many hidden details at Disney. I love learning about stuff like that!