PDA

View Full Version : Just Returned - Quick TS Dining Reviews

Bohms4
04-23-2008, 10:30 AM
We just got back last night and wanted to share what we thought about each Table Service restaurant.

LeCelllier - AWESOME! Food was delicious and the service was great! We would go back in a heartbeat! :thumbsup:

Whispering Canyon Cafe - Pretty Good. Food was ok, they gave you a lot of it but it was just ok, service was great, kids had fun. We probably wouldn't go back.

Concourse Steakhouse - Good. Food was good, service was good. We would go back but that won't be an option since it's closing!

Teppan Edo - EXCELLENT!!!! Food was amazing, service was great, we loved it, kids loved it! We would go back in a heartbeat!! :thumbsup:

Tony's Town Square - not too good. The sauce was a tiny step up from spaghetti o's. The good thing was that we had the perfect view for SpectroMagic and that wasn't planned. Service was so so. We definitely wouldn't go back.

Big River Grille & Brewing Works - so so. Some dishes were good, some weren't. It reminded me of a diner. Server wasn't too happy to hear that half of us were on the dining plan and the other half weren't - he was outwardly annoyed (that was the only waiter all week that had a problem with it). We wouldn't go back.

I think next time we go we may go to LeCellier twice and Teppan Edo twice - they were both THAT good!!! :number1:

That's our :twocents:

NJGIRL
04-23-2008, 10:46 AM
I totally agree with you on Tony's. It's the only place in all our trips where our food was not good at all.

LeCellier I think is OK but not great. Our food at the Whispering Canyon was very good and we're going back in OCT.

Just made my ADR's yesterday and we are trying Teppan for the first time. I can't wait!

I guess that's why WDW has so many choices because everyone likes different things.

cal5755
04-23-2008, 10:54 AM
I am sad to hear the reviews on Tony's. We have ADR's there for upcoming trip in Sept. My 2 dd's love lady and the tramp and they always do the speghetti scene together when we have it. I am hoping the food is not that terrible.

Glad you enjoyed some of your places though!! I can't wait to try Le Cellier..... and we will have to try out Teppan on our trip after this one lol.

crazeedizneefinatic
04-23-2008, 11:32 AM
Thanks for the reviews! I have been hearing so many negative stories of bad food at Tony's, not just on the boards either, people who I know personally who have eaten there. We planned on it the last night of our trip in September, I think we are going to change it. Nothing worse than bad Italian food, LOL!

Jared
04-23-2008, 01:48 PM
Thanks for the reviews, and I'm sorry you had a poor experience at Tony's Town Square. Glad to hear you enjoyed Teppan Edo so much, though.

:tasty:

elmjimmlm
04-23-2008, 02:17 PM
Last year we did Japan (dont know if it is the same name as it is now) and it was the best that we had...I totally agree...:thumbsup:

Bohms4
04-23-2008, 03:30 PM
I am sad to hear the reviews on Tony's. We have ADR's there for upcoming trip in Sept. My 2 dd's love lady and the tramp and they always do the speghetti scene together when we have it. I am hoping the food is not that terrible.

Glad you enjoyed some of your places though!! I can't wait to try Le Cellier..... and we will have to try out Teppan on our trip after this one lol.

Food is totally subjective - you may really enjoy Tony's! My mother is Italian and makes an amazing sauce ("gravy" to us!) and I tend to be really picky. My husband isn't picky at all and he was the one who ranked it a tiny step up from Spaghetti O's sauce.
It's like someone else on this thread said that they thought LeCellier was ok when most of the time it gets a really good review. It all depends on the person, the day that you go, etc. Some restaurants have bad days!
ENJOY!!!

Gator
04-23-2008, 04:33 PM
My wife agrees that we should go to Le Cellier twice. I'm almost with her, except that Epcot has so many other great places to eat.

Bohms4
04-23-2008, 05:37 PM
My wife agrees that we should go to Le Cellier twice. I'm almost with her, except that Epcot has so many other great places to eat.

Gator - I'm curious, what other places in Epcot would you highly recommend? I'm not a very adventurous eater, I like steak, fish, shrimp and Italian and that's about it. I would love to try other restaurants in Epcot but I'm just nervous that they won't have anything I like on the menu (maybe I should study the menus online). As I stated earlier, Teppan Edo was amazing.....
Thanks!

Disneyatic
04-23-2008, 05:50 PM
Thanks for the reviews! I would like to try Tony's on our upcoming trip but DH is not an Italian fan so I am hesitant.

I am curious about your viewing of Spectromagic while at Tony's. Were you seated on the patio? Were crowds large that night? Did the crowds block your view at all?
I have posted a question before about dining at Tony's during Spectro and got the responses that it doesn't work because the crowds block the view. I would love to hear more about your experience with this!

Duchess99
04-23-2008, 08:46 PM
Gator - I'm curious, what other places in Epcot would you highly recommend? I'm not a very adventurous eater, I like steak, fish, shrimp and Italian and that's about it. I would love to try other restaurants in Epcot but I'm just nervous that they won't have anything I like on the menu (maybe I should study the menus online). As I stated earlier, Teppan Edo was amazing.....
Thanks!

I really like San Angel Inn in Mexico...it's not the best Mexican, but it's very good. Also Chefs de France is very good.
I know someone who just got back and they really enjoyed Marrakesh in Morocco. I was not a huge fan, but I went a long time ago.
Take a look at the menus and see what appeals to you :thumbsup:

Crow
04-23-2008, 10:24 PM
thanks
I went to Le Cellier last time after skipping the time before. I agree good but not the greatest bestest. & not worth the hassle of fighting for ADRs at last min. I was lucky that I ran into a mgr at FF who knew a person at LC & got me in.
Tokyo Dining is awesome & I will b back in Sept. even though its not on DDP or DDE you can get an AP discount at lunch during the week
Marrakesh was also great on a previous trip.
I love Epcot but I do wander...try FF on the Boardwalk as it is great also & closeby to Epcot
I havent been back to WCC as I agree just ok.
Oh & for buffets in Epcot Garden Grill was good

mouseketeer mom
04-24-2008, 07:57 AM
We've eaten at Tony's twice. The first time the food was very good. My husband loved his seafood pasta dish, and we all liked our choices too. We enjoyed the Calamari appetizer alot. Then we ate there again in November and the food was very blah, not even hot, nothing to it. It was strange we had such a different meal the second go of it. I love the atmosphere at Tony's tho. We've been lucky to get a table facing Main Street USA and that is just terrific. We people watch and get in the spririt of things. That can't be beat.

Bohms4
04-24-2008, 09:04 AM
Thanks for the reviews! I would like to try Tony's on our upcoming trip but DH is not an Italian fan so I am hesitant.

I am curious about your viewing of Spectromagic while at Tony's. Were you seated on the patio? Were crowds large that night? Did the crowds block your view at all?
I have posted a question before about dining at Tony's during Spectro and got the responses that it doesn't work because the crowds block the view. I would love to hear more about your experience with this!

We weren't even seated on the patio, we were seated inside right up next to the window to the patio. It was VERY crowded down by the parade. We thought we got a great view of the parade even though there was a sea of people watching it. It's a couple steps up from the parade route so that helped.

Bohms4
04-24-2008, 09:07 AM
thanks
I went to Le Cellier last time after skipping the time before. I agree good but not the greatest bestest. & not worth the hassle of fighting for ADRs at last min. I was lucky that I ran into a mgr at FF who knew a person at LC & got me in.
Tokyo Dining is awesome & I will b back in Sept. even though its not on DDP or DDE you can get an AP discount at lunch during the week
Marrakesh was also great on a previous trip.
I love Epcot but I do wander...try FF on the Boardwalk as it is great also & closeby to Epcot
I havent been back to WCC as I agree just ok.
Oh & for buffets in Epcot Garden Grill was good

Crow - Teppan Edo is on the DDP - are you talking about the other restaurant in Tokyo not being on the DDP? I forget the name of it. I think we're definitely going to try FF next time on the Boardwalk.