PDA

View Full Version : A little help please...

sisterslovindisney
04-23-2008, 07:45 AM
Can anyone tell me about Hoop Dee Doo and Mickey's Backyard BarBQ? We will be traveling in Jan 2010 with about 7 other families (about 25-30 people in all).
At either of these will we be able to sit relatively together?
Which one is better for kids? We will have ages ranging from 2 - 17 with the majority being girls between 5 and 11. Most have never been to Disney.
Is the food something that kids would like? Do they offer things like mac & cheese, chicken nuggets, etc.?

BigRedDad
04-23-2008, 08:57 AM
I highly doubt you will be able to sit together at the HDDR. From my understanding of the BBQ, is there are long rows of picnic type tables to sit at. Both would be enjoyable, but I think for a full group of that size, the BBQ would be more accommodating.

Jared
04-23-2008, 09:35 AM
With such a large group, you will probably be split at both dinner shows, but you can possibly sit at nearby tables. You would have to book through a special agent who specializes in group dining.

Though I don't particularly like either, I'd recommend the Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue because it is simply a Disney classic. The menu consists of fried chicken, ribs, mashed potatoes and baked beans, and if the kids still can't find anything they want, the chefs will gladly prepare something else.

:tasty:

yjgirl715
04-23-2008, 09:58 AM
I have only been to the Mickey's BBQ. We arrived a little late because of confusion- it being our first time at Disney in about 15 years and there was only 7 of us. The food was good- the entertainment was very good. Character interaction was very good- but also very crowded with kids- I expected that. I believe if you would get there early enough you could all sit together- due to the very large picnic tables. I had a good time and my DS3 had a very good time- a little afraid at first- but warmed up to all the characters real quick. Good luck with your planning.

disney100%
04-23-2008, 10:30 AM
My family loves HDDR! We go every time - not with as large of a group, but have always had a great time. My parents always took us when we were little, and on our last trip, we took my son (14 months). He absolutely loved it! He entertained the table next to us with all his "dance moves" - plus, he was excellent at playing the washboard. We are going again this fall with 4 little ones and we just can't wait. Hoop Dee Doo is a must do for us. My only suggestion if you choose to go to HDDR would be with such a big group, call the first day you can knowing that you will have to pay for the tickets when you make the reservation.