DH- Mark
DS - Adam (age 5)
DD - Hailey (age 4)
FIL - Grandpa
MIL - Nana
BIL - Unlce John
SIL - Auntie Jenny
Me - Pirate & Princess Mom (aka April)

Monday we decided to do another morning EMH this time at AK. I do enjoy relaxing on my vacation but with this many of us I know the best way to see everything that we all want to see we need to get up and out early.

We left the rooms around 7am. Our family was great there were no complaints about leaving so early. :thumbsup: We arrived at AK before park opening and were waiting when they opened the turnstiles. DH, BIL, SIL and I all were waiting to head to ExE when the rope dropped. FIL, MIL and the kids all headed to DinoLand.

The 4 of us made our way to ExE and were able to practically walk on the ride. After ExE DH went to get FP's for KS. The rest of went back to Dinoland and met the kids who were having a great time. They rode TriceraTop Spin 3x's in a row and went to the boneyard where I think they were like the only kids there. The rest of us jumped on PW 2x's without any waiting.

DH, BIL, SIL and I tried to ride Dinosaur standby, but after about 10min the line hadn't moved so we decided to skip it for now.

We met up with the rest of the group by now it was 9am and we walked straight into ITTBAB. We didn't have to wait for the pre-show we went straight to get a seat.

After ITTBAB, it was time to use our KS FP's. By this time there was quite the crowd in Asia and we were glad that we came early. After KS we went to Rafiki's Planet Watch (one of DD favorite things to do in all of DW). Usually when we go to board the train we walk straight up to the queuing area to board, but not this day. The line was half way up the path and the entire queue area was filled. It took about 25min to board the train. We spent about 30 min at Rafiki's. DD likes to pet the sheep and we saw some characters and the "talking" trash can. DS is still trying to figure that one out. When we went to board the train back to Asia we discovered that alot of people were riding the train but not getting off at Rafiki's. When we went to board DD, DS, FIL, MIL, SIL and I all got a seat on the train, but DH and BIL couldn't find a seat. We didn't know that they were not on until we started to pull away and they were still on the platform taking to a CM. FIL yelled to them to meet us at Flame Tree BBQ.

When we got off the train at 11:40 Asia was packed, but the 6 of us headed straight to FTBBQ and we were able to get a seat at my favorite location. All the way in the back right on the water. We have been sitting back there every trip since 2001 and I have lots of memories of that location. It was kind of fun over the years watching ExE go up and at first we had no idea what they were building and then each time we went back we could see the changes. A few of us went to order the food while MIL and the kids waited at the table. By the time we ordered DH and BIL were back. Because of not being able to find a seat the CM's gave them a no strings attached front of the line pass for 1 attraction for the entire family for that day. I guess that was worth waiting for.:mickey:

After lunch the guys decided to use their pass to ride KRR while the girls went to get in line for the 1:45 Finding Nemo show. At 1pm the line for the show was to Chester & Hester's in Dinoland. About 1:20 the line started moving and the guys were still not back. We went ahead and kept moving up in the line waiting for them. I figured if they didn't make it in with us they would just go in on their own and find a seat, but right before we wouldn't be able to see them here they come. Because it was chilly that day they all wore ponchos and were dry and ready to go find a seat.

DS and DD love the Finding Nemo show. In fact we saw it 2xs in Nov. After the show we decided to try and make it to the 3pm FOTLK. We only had about 35 min. until the show started, but DH put DS on his shoulders and the clan just followed along through all the people. Believe it or not we actually made it in time to see the show with some time to spare and had a great seat. After the show we decided to head back to the hotel for a while.

We had ate dinner in the room (I brought my plug-in cooler and sandwich fixings) and relaxed for a while. After dinner is when some of the real fun began!!!!

MIL and FIL decided to keep the kids at the hotel and let them play and go to bed early. DH, BIL, SIL and I decided to head out for the evening.

BIL and SIL had not been to DW since they were young and only had a few days to be there. DH and I explained to them that we could hit some of the major attractions, but we would have to move pretty quickly and not take our time looking around all night. They agreed and we set out about 7pm.

First, we headed straight to MK and to PotC were we had about a 20 min wait. Next we rode standy at SplM. The line for SplM was less than 20min. It was very chilly that night and I guess alot of people didn't want to get wet, but we took our ponchos and got on. Towards the end of the ride we got stuck for about 20-25 minutes. When we finally got off we each got a free FP for any ride in the park. Instead of using it right away we went to HM and rode standby with only about a 15 min wait. Afterward we debated about which ride to use our FP on. We finally decided to use it on TM.

After TM we decided to head over to DHS because they were having evening EMH. We took the monorail to the TT&C and then took a bus to DHS. We got there about 10pm and went to get RnRC fp's and then to ride ToT. We were able to ride ToT 2x's and then ride RnRC. After we rode, we got another set of RnRC fp's and headed to ST. After ST is was time to ride RnRC again. At the end of that is was about midnight and we decided to head back to Pop.

Monday was an awesome day. It was a little chilly for me in the evening. I'm a FL girl and I don't like cold weather. :mickey: But I don't mind getting out in it if I'm at Disney!!! At times the parks didn't seem too crowded, but at other times they seemed pretty full. BIL and SIL thought it was great that we took them to 3 parks in one day and got to ride almost all the major attractions on there first full day!!!

To recap in 1 day we went to 3 parks and rode/saw: Exe, PW (2x), TriceraTop Spin (3x - kids), ITTBAB, KS, Wildlife Express, KRR, Finding Nem, FOTLK, PotC, SplM, BT, HM, ToT(2x), RnRC(2x) and ST.:mickey:

wdwgrl377
04-23-2008, 12:15 AM
WOW! What a busy, yet exciting day you had there! Packed with loads of fun!!I too, like to sit, in the same spot at certain locations! Brings back memories of visits of the past!

You sure did a lot in one day! I enjoyed reading your report!:mickey:

droopy d.
04-23-2008, 09:27 AM
That was a great day with plenty of fun and lots of rides.

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-23-2008, 10:09 AM
Sounds like you had just a great (yet very busy) day!

I actually find the story of DH and BIL not being able to get on a train a little cute...we had a similar situation at another park many years ago!

faline
04-23-2008, 01:28 PM
:thumbsup:Kudos! You had a great plan and were able to accomplish a lot!

dolphinmickey9170
04-23-2008, 03:18 PM
Wow! What a fun packed day. Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

pdrlkr
04-24-2008, 08:45 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey: