PDA

View Full Version : clothing for last week of December

katzctkpt
04-22-2008, 03:16 PM
I'm already thinking ahead for clothing in Dec. Watching the clearance racks etc... What type of clothing do you take for 5 days?

Strmchsr
04-22-2008, 04:04 PM
Unfortunately, you can't plan ahead for Disney in December. You could have anything from highs in the 80s to highs in the 30s and everything in between, though, as a general rule, you can expect to wear short sleeve and long pants during the day and needing a long sleeve shirt or coat in the evenings and early mornings. Weather in December is extremely volatile so you pretty much just have to wait for 7-10 days beforehand when the models get an accurate grasp on the pattern for that time period before you'll know how to pack.

dolphinmickey9170
04-22-2008, 04:23 PM
We just went this past December and I double packed. It was warm the first two days, capris and t-shirts were fine. The rest of the trip was cold, in the 30s and 40s in the morning into 50s for afternoon and then back to cold again. We wore gloves and fleece jackets and were comfortable.:mickey:

MsMin
04-22-2008, 04:33 PM
Layers are best b/c you will always have to add or subtract. Young children in strollers and elderly are especially prone to chill when not moving as much. We've seen it dip to 31 (though the records don't show it:confused:) With the wind chill and the humidity you will feel cold and temps can and often do vary as much as 40 degrees in the course of a day. We don't own big bulky coats but have layers of shirts that can be thrown in a locker and retrieved again as the sun sets.
I've even heard there has been snow on Main Street :jaw: (MVMCP)

Marilyn Michetti
04-22-2008, 04:49 PM
We go every Dec., and have had anything from tan lines to frostbite. Several trips were so cold and windy, it was like being in Pa. again. It doesn't take much tho' - we're old and from the dry desert in Az.:freeze:

dfamasb
04-22-2008, 05:01 PM
I love WDW in December but it does pose packing challenges! I recommend t-shirts and shorts, long pants and long sleeved shirts, a heavy sweatshirt or jacket. A hat (something that will cover your ears) and gloves (think the lightweight stretchy kind) are also a good idea. You'll be glad you have them when there's a cold windy morning and you don't have to fight with the masses at the gift shops trying to find a hat that you'd dare to wear outside of WDW! :geek2:

Pirate Granny
04-22-2008, 10:51 PM
We were there last year from the 26th thru the 29h...and it was HOT...like in the 80's...I've been there a couple times the same week and it was mostly highs of low 70's in mid-day...so I didn't even pack shorts...ha/ha/ha I ended up buying shorts...luckily I had enough short sleeve tops...never even wore long sleeves the entire time...that said, in 04 we had our winter coats on most of the time...only one day we had short sleeves and still long pants. I agree with everyone...you just can't tell...
Enjoy...
:pirate:

buzznwoodysmom
04-22-2008, 11:23 PM
The only time we've ever been able to go to WDW and pack clothes for only one season is when we went in the summer. You know it's going to be hot, no doubt about it. Packing for our trips in Nov., Dec., Jan., and Feb. have been much harder. I tend to pack light weight pants and jeans for everyone. Maybe a pair of capri or two for me. For us it doesn't get hot enough to have to wear shorts, we are always comfortable in pants or jeans. However, after that we pack a bit of everything. T-shirts, sweatshirts, sweaters, coats, hats, gloves, and swimsuits. It is very strange to pack both a swim suit and a coat, hat and gloves all into the same suitcase. On just about every trip we take during the winter months we are able to swim during one part of the trip and are bundled up for another part of the trip.

Darbylew
04-23-2008, 10:22 AM
We live in Florida and you can never be sure of
the weather at any given time in December. We were at WDW one December and it was
cold and rainy. Just be prepared when you go.
Take some warm clothes - you can always layer.
Have a great time! :mickey:

katzctkpt
04-23-2008, 11:29 AM
Thanks for all the info. I'll keep looking for the pants that can also zip off into shorts.

KineGirl
04-23-2008, 11:45 AM
When we went in Dec I found that my poncho was the greatest asset. Not only did it keep the drizzle off the goods (me!) but it was also great at blocking wind, retaining body heat and keeping me warm. I wore even it when the skies were clear