PDA

View Full Version : Cali Grill question . . . .

Janet89
04-22-2008, 03:15 PM
Is it OK to just order sushi and dessert? I would really like to try Cali Grill whenever we finally return to WDW, but, we are not big eaters.

SBETigg
04-22-2008, 03:18 PM
This should be absolutely fine. The sushi is incredible, and there's enough of it to make a meal and then some. Enjoy!

Jared
04-22-2008, 03:53 PM
Is it OK to just order sushi and dessert? I would really like to try Cali Grill whenever we finally return to WDW, but, we are not big eaters.
Janet, this is absolutely not a problem, and the restaurants are accustomed to handling this situation. Sushi and dessert is an appropriate and delicious meal at California Grill.

:tasty:

Septbride2002
04-22-2008, 04:00 PM
Ask to sit at the sushi bar and you can watch the sushi chef create the rolls. Really fun!

~Amanda

Janet89
04-22-2008, 05:16 PM
Do any of you have recommendations of which kind to order? I'm not very worldly when it comes to sushi, but I have LOVED what I have tried. Unfortunately, both times, it was from a buffet, so I don't even know what it was!! Disney cruise and Las Vegas!

BelleLovesTheBeast
04-22-2008, 07:07 PM
I just looked at the menu to see what kind of sushi they had. From the ones listed I'd try the California roll especially since it's made with lump crab meat and not that imitation stuff that a lot of places serve. Also the Spicy Sensation sounded really good.

We are going to be trying this in Oct. Does anyone know if you can get sushi as an appetizer on the DDP....we are trying the deluxe.

SBETigg
04-22-2008, 07:24 PM
The spicy sensation is excellent. I've had that one. Really good choice, on the mild side of spicy, not too spicy at all really.

Ordering sushi at California Grill is not as intimidating as ordering at a Japanese sushi bar type environment. It's a lot more straightforward, not as many confusing choices. Plus, if you tell your server what you like and may be interested in, they will help you choose something you'll love.

Kairi_7378
04-22-2008, 07:42 PM
The spicy sensation is a fantastic sushi dish. I had another type in October which was also great (can't remember the name!) Warning.. you won't be happy with other sushi places for a while after you try the selections at the CA Grill!

Duchess99
04-22-2008, 09:13 PM
That's totally fine. It would even be fine to just go there for dessert.

Does anyone know if you can get sushi as an appetizer on the DDP....we are trying the deluxe.
Last year on the old DDP we had the sushi for an appetizer. I'm not sure if you can still do it on the Deluxe DDP.

Followthatmouse
04-23-2008, 02:10 AM
I have chosen sushi and a dessert in the past. Like you, I am not a big eater, especially at night. However, the sushi varieties are more than sufficient to make a meal. The quality is excellent. To top it off, the dessert menu is also wonderful. Oh, what a difficult choice you may have!

Natazu
04-23-2008, 05:19 AM
We are going to be trying this in Oct. Does anyone know if you can get sushi as an appetizer on the DDP....we are trying the deluxe.You should be fine, even with the changes to the DDP. The ordering system at California Grill will let the servers put in whatever they want as whichever course they want. They will usually let you order sushi as an appetizer or as a dessert, same with the cheese plate and the flatbreads. The policy is that sushi platters "for two" like Snake in the Grass or Yoshi's Deluxe count as two people's allotment. But they don't usually hold you to that either.

Crow
04-23-2008, 10:17 PM
YES yes Yes get the sushi:thumbsup: Its the best Ive had. i had the spicy sensation last 2 times & the Double Crunch before that.
and last time i was still full from lunch, so had flatbread,sushi & dessert. I think those are better than the entrees anyway