PDA

View Full Version : Can someone clear this up for me?

BrerGnat
04-22-2008, 02:03 PM
In looking at the "fine print" in the information packet I got, I noticed that if you want to use points to book at a WDW hotel (not a villa) or for travel to the other non-Disney hotels in the U.S., the following is stated:

"members may not book and travel on the Disney Collection vacations within the last 60 days of their use year (excluding the Disneyland resort hotels in California)."

This is also stated in regards to Disney Destinations around the world, Disney Cruise line, Adventures by Disney, Concierge Collection, and Adventurer Collection.

What does this mean, exactly?

1. Does it mean that you can NEVER travel during the 2 months preceding your use year (so, if use year is April, you can NEVER travel to these destinations in February or March)

2. Does it mean that you cannot BOOK AND TRAVEL within the two month time frame preceding the end of your use year (i.e. if you have April use year, you cannot decide in February to book and travel in the next 60 days).

This is a big deal when determining which use year we may want. Since those other destinations have the "value" season during certain months, those would primarily be the months we'd want to use those points (if we choose to do so) so I don't want to find out that if I choose an April use year that I will never be able to take advantage of the value season pricing during February and March.

Also, when buying through Disney, can you choose your use year? Or, do you end up with whatever month it is when you purchase?

Kidsmom
04-22-2008, 02:12 PM
I believe it means Book and Travel. So if your use year starts in August, you can't book a trip in June for July. But....you can book your July trip in May.

I am sure others will be here soon with a clearer answer.

Ian
04-22-2008, 02:31 PM
I'm fairly certain Kidsmom has it right ... basically they're saying "No last minute travel."

BrerGnat
04-22-2008, 02:43 PM
Okay, thanks! That's what I thought, but it was not 100% clear.

hlkeck
04-22-2008, 03:42 PM
To answer the second part of your question, we were not given the choice to choose our use year. We bought in September, but our use year was APRIL - which helped us a bit on the front end to book more trips early, as we had access to points earlier than we would have if in September...just an FYI

BrerGnat
04-22-2008, 06:08 PM
To answer the second part of your question, we were not given the choice to choose our use year. We bought in September, but our use year was APRIL - which helped us a bit on the front end to book more trips early, as we had access to points earlier than we would have if in September...just an FYI

Thanks! How do they determine the "use year"? I am wondering why it was April if you bought in September? Is it just a totally random thing?

DVC Mike
04-22-2008, 08:07 PM
"members may not book and travel on the Disney Collection vacations within the last 60 days of their use year (excluding the Disneyland resort hotels in California)."

It used to be 60 days (2 months). It was recently changed to 120 days (4 months).

You cannot book and travel on the Disney Collection (excluding Disneyland Resort Hotels in California), Concierge Collection and Adventurer Collection vacations within the last 4 months of your Use Year. However, you can travel in the last 4 months of your Use Year as long as you've booked your stay more than 4 months before the end of your Use Year.

DVC Mike
04-22-2008, 08:09 PM
Thanks! How do they determine the "use year"? I am wondering why it was April if you bought in September? Is it just a totally random thing?

Another interesting tidbit is that there aren't 12 Use Year months. The Use Year months are: Feb, Mar, Apr, Jun, Aug, Sep, Oct and Dec.

TinkerbellT421
04-22-2008, 11:04 PM
Me and mf DBF just bought pts at SSR everything went thru in April closing and all, but our use year is August. Just so you know. I think it has something to do with a number of purchasers I thinK i heard before. Has something to do with so many "buys" in a certain period that determines the use year. But I could be wrong.