PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Water-park

jakeybake
04-22-2008, 12:17 PM
I was just wondering which water-park is better BB or TL. Thanks if you responded. :D

EpcotNut
04-22-2008, 12:37 PM
"Better" is always a tricky word. Personally, I prefer Typhoon Lagoon. I prefer the layout, the rides (especially now with the addition of the Crush n' Gusher), the Wave Pool and the overall feel of the park. I also feel that there is much less walking involved and that the walking you do have to do is better covered. (In the shade). Don't get me wrong, I enjoy both parks, I just think TL has more to offer.:thumbsup:

slegrant
04-22-2008, 01:37 PM
My Favorite was River Country, but between the two others, my family seems to lean more towards Blizzard Beach. We love both!!

Enjoy!

slpngbty56
04-22-2008, 05:35 PM
We love TL. I really like shark reef:diver: if you can stand the temp it's a must do!

cal5755
04-22-2008, 07:51 PM
Our family says Blizzards Beach. We loooove the Lazy river there and it goes on forever!! DH loves the summit plummit and we all love the family raft ride. Can't wait for September!!! (142 days 11 hours 9 minutes...... oooh exciting!!)

katzctkpt
04-22-2008, 08:54 PM
Blizzard Beach

dizknee531
04-24-2008, 01:36 AM
I love the wave pool at TL. It's bigger than BB and you could stay in there for hours. Plus, we went early and got great chairs on the beach!!:vacation::surfing::vacation::surfing:

Disneypixie513
04-24-2008, 10:17 AM
I think i prefer BB to TL. I like BB's slides and lazy river alot more then TL.

mdhiggin
04-24-2008, 11:27 AM
BB is geared more towards older kids. TL has more rides for the little ones (height requirement-wise). We've only been to TL so far, but we're planning to go to both on our next trip.

joonyer
04-24-2008, 12:54 PM
I think both parks are great. Our family probably prefers Blizzard Beach (we usually go to both) simply because Teamboat Springs (the big family raft ride) is our favorite ride/slide in either park, mainly because we all get to do it together. It's much better and longer than the big raft ride at TL (Gang Plank Falls).
On the other hand my boys really like the big wave pool at TL and it has the "Crush 'n Gusher, which has nothing comparable to it at BB.
I don't really think you can say one park is is better than the other they're both great but they are different. You should definitely do both. If you can only visit one, you will still have a great time so you can't go wrong. visit the other one on your next trip if that is the case.
We love them both, so we always visit both on every trip.

Gator
04-25-2008, 04:00 PM
It's great to go to Blizzard Beach just to get to the top of summit plummet and be able to see all 4 park icons from a new perspective. My favorite video footage is from there.

EpcotNut
04-25-2008, 04:19 PM
Just as an FYI and maybe a tip - we always split the day between the 2. We start early at TL and head to BB in the afternoon. We've yet to not get on an attraction and we usually do our favorites multiple times. That way you don't have to choose!!:thumbsup:

DisneyWizard
04-28-2008, 03:35 PM
Typhoon Lagoon - the theming and the layout is nicer in my opinion.

Something bland and fake about BB that turned me off.

Figment1988
04-28-2008, 03:51 PM
blizzard beach, it's got plenty of thrills, whereas typhoon lagoon has a relaxing thing to it (except the wavepool which contains "chuck norris approved" waves)

momof3+twins
04-29-2008, 02:04 PM
I like TL for the tropical theme.
But, I don't like their wave pool. One big wave slams through the pool.

I like BB's wave pool much better. It has nice gentle waves.

boobalk
04-30-2008, 06:18 PM
I can't tell you which is "Better". I can only say that they both "ROCK" in their own way. TL has the better wave pool, great slides, beaches, kiddie areas, but best of all, Shark Reef ! Definitely a "must-do" (for me anyway). But BB rules in the water slide category with "Summit Plummet". 120 high, 55 mph straight down, w/just a little hydroplane action on the way down. Can you say..."Super Water Wedgie"?

BelleLovesTheBeast
05-02-2008, 02:45 PM
I really like BB. I like the theming better and the water rides are just more fun. We don't usually go because my DH doesn't like the water. One day I'll get him to go again.

JMTStone
05-02-2008, 03:13 PM
I love the BB lazy river. DD6 loves their kids area more than TL. For waves and Shark Reef, TL.

I like the idea of splitting 1/2 one day and 1/2 another. If you have the means.... go for it!

SBETigg
05-02-2008, 04:53 PM
I much prefer Blizzard Beach to Typhoon Lagoon. It surprised me because I always thought the theming was more appealing at TL, but the lazy river and family slides are so much better at BB that it has won me over.