PDA

View Full Version : Luau @ Poly????????

*NikkiJ*
04-22-2008, 10:46 AM
:confused:I am hoping to book a Luau @ the Poly for dinner, since we are not getting to WDW until late on our 1st day we figured we woulc use 2 TS meals and do a "signature dinner"...

How exactly does the luau work? Timing? Eating?? Any other helpful information??

THANKS. Any info would be soo helpful...If it does not look like it will fit into our schedule maybe we will just do a TS breakfast & TS dinner all in the same day, which then leaves a QS but we could always take a QS back to the resort or something...:confused:[/COLOR]

motherhamv
04-22-2008, 02:31 PM
They sit you at long tables, that are in rows in front of the stage. You have no choice of where you sit, and if you are in the back you can't see/hear anything. You are given appetizers while the show begins, and dinner is brought out while they take a break. [you can order something else for the kids, if they don't like the food]. We walked away disappointed for the budget we wasted.

Maybe you will get some better reviews as well. The food at Ohana's is much better, I would rather eat there.

We love the HDDR, and always have a good experience there. I recommend it to everyone. Last time we took a carraige ride after the show. It was amazing!!! :cloud9:

biodtl
04-22-2008, 02:36 PM
You generally pre-pay for the show - otherwise let them know you are using TS credits (I think that you can only use TS credits for category 2 & 3 seating. if you want cat1, you have to pre-pay).

You can pick up your tickets up to 7 days in advance and show up 30 minutes ahead of show time (or earlier if you don't have your tickets yet).

When you get there, you check in and they take a family photo (which they will try to sell during the meal), and then you proceed to a "holding area". Use bug spray before you go - this is the only time in WDW that we had a problem with bug bites. There is a bar and restrooms in the holding area.

After a short wait, you will be led to the seating area and showed to your table, one party at a time (well - more, since there is more than one "seater"). There are different "categories" of seating that will put you closer/further away from the show.

They will get started with drinks and food shortly and the show will start. The food comes family style. Beer, wine and soft drinks are included and unlimited.

During the show, there will be opportunities for participation - they ask that month's birthdays to come up and dance, as well as anniversaries. The kids also get a chance to hula.

The show is about 2 hours long, so with travel, wait, show and getting out, it can be a long evening.

nadisnut
04-22-2008, 02:53 PM
[QUOTE=biodtl;1610316]You generally pre-pay for the show - otherwise let them know you are using TS credits (I think that you can only use TS credits for category 2 & 3 seating. if you want cat1, you have to pre-pay).

You can pick up your tickets up to 7 days in advance and show up 30 minutes ahead of show time (or earlier if you don't have your tickets yet).

Where do you pick up your tickets? We paid in advance and they didn't mention that we had to pick up our tickets, I just thought they would be mailed??:confused:

biodtl
04-22-2008, 03:08 PM
Where do you pick up your tickets? We paid in advance and they didn't mention that we had to pick up our tickets, I just thought they would be mailed??
You can pick them up at your resort front desk (or any Guest Services location). Ours were waiting for us when we checked in. I would definitely recommend picking them up early, because 1) you can make sure they are all OK, and 2) there can be a wait if you pick them up the night of the show.