PDA

View Full Version : Coronado Springs - Reviews and Suggestions

Off to Never Land
04-22-2008, 10:30 AM
I will be attending a conference in May and will be staying at Coronado Springs for the first time. I am a self-proclaimed spoiled brat - I like staying at a resort on the MK monorail loop so I am a little scared to try something new :blush:
Can anyone give me their thoughts on this resort? It seems huge!
Any suggestions for which building I should request?
Thanks

Jodileigh
04-22-2008, 03:41 PM
I really liked CSR! The decor was gorgeous! We stayed in Casitas 3327. The location was great b/c we were so close to the main building and bus stop! At night when we were dragging, it was just a short stroll to our room! And, if it rained, the whole walk could be made under the awning! VERY COOL! The boys really liked the pool, too. We also found that the food at pepper market was really good and HUGE portions! Mil, ds8 (then 6), and I could all three split one breakfast! And Maya Grill was really good, too! The only negative thing I can think of is that, if a big convention is going on, reg guests kind of got the short end of the stick as far as location. We had requested Casitas, if that wasn't possible, Cabanas. When we got there, we were booked in Ranchos which I didn't want AT ALL! Keep in mind we booked a yr in advance. When I asked why I was in Ranchos, I was told it was b/c of a very large convention which requested all its members to be in the same area and they wanted Cabanas and Casitas.:mad: HOWEVER, when I nearly broke down and cried (it had been a VERY DIFFICULT flight with lots of delays, etc!), the gracious CM went well above and beyond the call of duty and got me Casitas 3327 which was actually a preferred location (which I didn't pay for)! So, in the end, it was GREAT and I couldn't have been happier! As far as the actual conventioners, they were fine. As nice as could be and my boys kept many of them laughing at Pepper Mkt!

Sorry to ramble! I hope at least PART of that helped!

Jodi

Gator
04-22-2008, 03:53 PM
The last poster cried about being in the Ranchos. I had a late flight in when I stayed there, and all the Casitas and Cabanas were full when I got there. I almost complained about being put in the Ranchos, but I decided not to. It ended up being better than the other sections. It was close to the pool, it was close to two bus stops, and every night I could look across the lake at El Centro. Beautiful. To me, this Mod is as good as some of the Deluxe (excluding the Monorail resorts), and half the price.

Jodileigh
04-22-2008, 04:23 PM
The last poster cried about being in the Ranchos. I had a late flight in when I stayed there, and all the Casitas and Cabanas were full when I got there. I almost complained about being put in the Ranchos, but I decided not to. It ended up being better than the other sections. It was close to the pool, it was close to two bus stops, and every night I could look across the lake at El Centro. Beautiful. To me, this Mod is as good as some of the Deluxe (excluding the Monorail resorts), and half the price.

Now, now, I said ALMOST cried!;):blush::D No actual tears flowed!:) Teehee!! I guess it just goes to show it's all in your perspective!! I'm glad you enjoyed Ranchos!! The whole resort is beautiful, so it's win/win, right?:D

Jodi

buzz2001
04-23-2008, 05:30 AM
There will be some walking involved at CSR but not as bad as some make it out to be. The distance around the whole lake is just under a mile (.97 miles).

Walking Distances
From El Centro moving clockwise around the lake path to:
Casitas 3 = .16 miles
Casitas 4 = .24 miles
Casitas 5 = .27 miles
Ranchos = .46 miles

From El Centro to the Dig Site, via the bridge near the Cabanas
= .35 miles

From El Centro moving counterclockwise around the lake to:
Cabanas 9B = .16 miles
Cabanas 9A/8B = .22 miles
Cabanas 8A = .31 miles

There are two ways around walking, one is to use the internal shuttle provided by the golf carts or use the buses. Park buses start at bus stop 2 and end at bus stop 1. Downtown Disney and park exit buses start at bus stop 1 and end at bus stop 4. They do this so guests can get to and from the main building and get closer to their rooms. There are signs posted at the bus stop on how to use the buses.

Depending on what you want to be close to, here are some good building choices.

Cabana 9b is close to bus stop 1 and the main building with a short walk to the Dig Site (main pool) over the wooden bridge. Most convenient location and most preferred.

Cabana 8a is close to the Dig Site (and playground) and bus stop 4 with a short walk to the main building. (Closest to the Pool)

Cabana 8b and 9a are in between the 2 above. 9a has a quiet pool and is also a smoking optional building.

Ranchos 7b has a quiet pool, is close to the Dig Site and bus stop 4 with a bit longer walk to the main building. 7b is behind cabana 8a.

Casita 1 is attached to the main building and is very close to the restaurants.

Casita 3 has great courtyard and fountain views but you will have to walk or ride the internal shuttle to get to the pool.

Casita 5 has some nice fountain and lake views and is close to the Dig Site but farther from the main building. Close to bus stop #2.

Make your room request as soon as you make your reservation. It’s never too early.

badllamamama
04-23-2008, 08:05 AM
We consider CSR to have mixed themes with the City Casitas, the Desert Ranchos and the Beachy Cabanas. We call it "SW Tropical" and the "deluxe of moderates". They are all great!

jrkcr
04-23-2008, 04:06 PM
We luuuuv it!! We've always stayed right near the dig site/pool in the cabanas. The walk around the grounds is not that strenuous-very pretty and peaceful! Hope you enjoy it!!