PDA

View Full Version : any airline for magical express??

LiloLovesTheKing26
04-22-2008, 09:37 AM
We always fly Delta but I was thinking about using southwest this year. DOes magical express pick for southwest? Or is it any airline?

scootch713
04-22-2008, 10:05 AM
You will get magical express bus service no matter what airline you take as long as you fly into MCO. They will pick up your luggage and take to your room from any airline....

but on the trip home, Southwest does not participate in check in at the resort(meaning you have to take your bags with you and check in at the airport) Not sure about Delta but many of the other airlines you can check your bags for your departing flight at the hotel. It is not a big deal, but some people prefer to have the check in at the hotel and not have to deal with their luggage at the airport.

LiloLovesTheKing26
04-22-2008, 10:11 AM
ooooh I see!! Ya, it is sooo nice not to have to worry about your luggage!!
Thanks!!

silentbob007
04-22-2008, 04:21 PM
If the fares and connections are about the same, it would probably be worth it to book an airline that will take bags at your Disney resort. I did this for my last visit (which was after a cruise), and they took my overweight bag without extra charge (YMMV)... thought that was nice. Otherwise, though, I don't think it is too much of a hassle to take your bags on the Magical Express.

Rosemickey68
04-24-2008, 11:42 AM
Just came back from WDW flying Southwest.
We used ME and it was great!
Southwest is not a "participating airline".
However, any airline flying into MCO can take advantage of Magical Express.
You have to reserve it no later than 10 days ahead so you can get your luggage tags and voucher in the mail.
Make sure and put the yellow ME tags on your bags.
When you get to the airport you won't have to pick up your bags..you just head to the ME check-in with your voucher. Your bags will arrive "magically" in your room approx 3 to 4 hours later.
So, if you need anything you may want to pack those items on a carry-on.
Since Southwest isn't a participating airline...it is on the way back to the airport where it changes. You still can ride the ME bus...but you are responsible for your own luggage
(where if you flew on a participating airline ME takes care of the bags for you and you can do the whole check in thing at your resort!).
We just had luggage assistance watch our bags while we went to the park on our last day and then picked our bags up so we could get them on the ME bus...they will tell you to take the yellow tags off if you haven't already before they load your bags on the bus.

Hope this helps!!
Have a good trip!:mickey: