PDA

View Full Version : Son's Birthday Trip April 13 & 16

Von-Drake
04-22-2008, 09:08 AM
April 13th
We started off for Animal Kingdom and rode the Safari, the train to Rafiki’s Planet Watch, and went to Camp Minnie and Mickey. We also were lucky enough to be first in line for our son to meet the bears from Brother Bear. They kept picking on each other and playing keep away with each other using the autograph pen. My son laughed so hard at them, people in the line behind us started smiling and laughing also, cheering on the bears. They pretended to eat his pen and autograph book, it was priceless, another sprinkle of Disney magic. When it started raining we headed to a very crowded Pizzafari for lunch and shelter. After lunch we headed to EPCOT, our son was anxious to ride the Nemo and Figment ride he remembered from last time. We even got him on Soarin’ which amazed me but he was great the whole time. We were on the front/top row and he was fine until the fireworks shown at the end and the loud noises they make. (Loud noises like that tend to get him worked up, but we made it through.) After this, we headed to Mexico for the boat ride and then ate dinner at the Nine Dragons in China. The food was good, but the price was quite high I thought, give me Chinese buffet anyday. We visited the other countries and then called it a day and headed back to the hotel.

April 14th
Hollywood Studios was the first order of business this day. My son is a huge HSM fan and loved the street show they do at the park. We had to watch it twice that day. We had a little trouble convincing him to do Playhouse Disney. Don’t get me wrong he loves all the characters and everything, but the waiting in a semi-dark room with a lot of strangers was a challenge at first. We ended up standing against the back wall, and I held him 90% of the time. Which because he got so upset was like holding a small furnace. He ended up really liking it though and asked to go back later in the day. We headed over to Hollywood and Vine for our character lunch with JoJo and Little Einsteins, which was great time and great food for everyone. After lunch and Playhouse Disney again, we got to see Elastigirl from The Incredibles, another current favorite movie of our son. He loved it. We did get on the Great Movie Ride, which was a mistake, he did not like it at all, too many loud noises. We had our late afternoon break at the hotel and returned to MK for a few hours that evening.

April 15th
Our last day in the parks… and it was cold! We all had to break down and buy sweatshirts, or fleece jackets, the stores were rolling them out by the carts. It was in the low 60’s and the wind made it feel so much colder. Anyway, this day was spent similar to the first with the addition of the following rides: Carousel of Progress and the Country Bear Jamboree. He really like the Country Bears and had a great time.

April 16th
:crying: Unfortunately the ride home. :crying:

MOJoe
04-22-2008, 10:00 AM
My family was at AK on Sunday as well. Glad to hear that you didn't let that cold rain ruin your day.

cal5755
04-22-2008, 11:31 AM
Glad you had a great time!! The ride home sounded so sad after such a great vacation!!

faline
04-22-2008, 01:36 PM
Seems like your son handled all the activity and stimulation of a Walt Disney World trip very well! Congrats to him!

Sounds like your family had a wonderful trip! Thanks for sharing it with us!

dolphinmickey9170
04-22-2008, 01:59 PM
Thanks for sharing!! What a great trip! Congrats to your little one!!:mickey:

KylesMom
04-22-2008, 02:52 PM
The time goes so quickly while at Disney, doesn't it? I'm glad that your family had a good trip. Thanks for sharing with us! :mickey:

wdwgrl377
04-22-2008, 05:37 PM
What a great report! I'm so glad your son had a great time! Thanks for sharing. I sure did enjoy reading your reports! :mickey:

pdrlkr
04-24-2008, 08:42 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

Jeff G
04-25-2008, 05:18 PM
Thanks for sharing the trip:mickey:.

Young@Heart
04-28-2008, 12:44 AM
It really sounds like you had a great time! I'm sure your son brought back lots and lots of great memories. :cloud9:

HndrdPrcnt
04-28-2008, 01:07 AM
Sounds like a great trip overall!! Thanks for sharing it with us!!

ChipnDaleGal
05-07-2008, 11:30 AM
It sounds like you got just the vacation you were hoping for your son. I am glad that you all had such a good time. I enjoyed your reports, thanks for sharing. :mickey:

Bethis26fan
05-07-2008, 12:59 PM
Sounds like it was a great trip. Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

laward32
05-07-2008, 04:55 PM
Thanks for sharing. Sounds like you had a great family trip and your son handled everything very well.:mickey: