PDA

View Full Version : Special food requests

tadshome
04-22-2008, 02:53 AM
After many years of talking about it my parents have finally decided to come to WDW with me next year :woohoo: but in all my excitement I didn't take into account my fathers strict food regime(health reasons). He basically eats jacket(baked) potato with every meal and plain salad. Can anyone tell me if i can make these requests at Table service resturants and if so how i would arrange it?

Thank you

offwego
04-22-2008, 08:27 AM
When making your ADR's (reservations) you should mention any food issues (allergies or restrictions for diet/health) at that time. Then follow up on arrival to be sure this noted (you'll see it on the print out from guest services at your hotel)

The plain salad will be very easy. The baked potato (jacket) might tougher depending on where you want to eat as they are not that common on the menu. Are there any other options? Would plain boiled work? Disney is normally very good to work around special diet needs so just ask when making your dining plans and see what might work best. (I would also check the menus under info central to see what might already have the things your dad wants)

elmjimmlm
04-22-2008, 10:07 AM
:thumbsup: I overheard a couple that had specific diet restrictions and the wait staff were more than happy to help...I dont think that you would have a problem...

tadshome
04-22-2008, 01:37 PM
Thank you everyone, It will put my dads mind at rest :thumbsup:

thepoats
01-22-2009, 03:44 PM
Can someone tell me which restaurants serve baked potatoes? My DD is a very picky eater and will only eat french fries or a baked potato when we go out to eat.

s&k'smom
02-10-2009, 05:42 PM
I had to chuckle as my son eats only french fries too. We had no issues anywhere on our last trip, even at the HDD, they brought him a huge plate of fries plus plain vanilla ice cream (again a huge dish of it).