PDA

View Full Version : Special treat for friends?

Deesdisney
04-21-2008, 07:11 PM
I do not know if this is the site to post this please move if I am wrong.
I just found out that my friends are going to go to WDW in Jan. They are great people with 3 kids. 2 DD age 11, 1DS 6. They are great people and love WDW like me however this will be the kids first trip. Due to some not so good luck they are short of money for special dinners and PPP if it still going. Has anyone ever called the hotel and arranged tickets for other people or maybe make res. for character meal and gave them a gift card for the cost including the tax and tip? I would love to give them something very special that they will remember for a long time. They will probably not be able to do this again for a long time.

dmallan
04-21-2008, 07:43 PM
You would need their reservation number if you were to call and make the reservation for them.

You could just give them a gift card before they leave and they could see about reservations once they got there. In January there is a good chance of getting a last minute reservation if you're not to set on any one place.

Or you could let them in on what you want to do so that they could make the reservations at the 180 day mark.

I think that's a really nice idea! What a good friend you are!

We went four years ago for our anniversary and before we left my friend gave us money and instructions to go to Mizner's Lounge at the GF for Kir Royales. :wine: Very bubbly! It was a great gift!

biodtl
04-21-2008, 07:46 PM
How thoughtful of you!

You could buy them a gift card or disney dollars. Some folks gave us 200 disney dollars as a wedding gift (14 years ago) and it was wonderful to have it on our honeymoon.

I don't know about making the ADRs for them - I suppose you could, if you knew their plans. Maybe if they are more than 180 days out, you could give them the card/DDs and a printout of some dining info from intercot (or a guidebook) so they could decide and make their own.

Tinkerfreak
04-22-2008, 08:12 AM
How sweet. Maybe you could get them a Disney gift card or Disney Dollars and then wrap them up in a box or make a card to go with them or something instructing them to use them for either a character meal or party. Offer to help them choose what they want to do and when and also offer to help them make the adr or purchase the party tickets. Tell them it is a "congrats you are going to Disney gift" or something like that.