PDA

View Full Version : Table for 10 Please

disney100%
04-21-2008, 04:57 PM
I am so excited (well, mostly). We have all our ADRs and just happen to get Chef Mickey's for a table of 10. Of course, I had to call more than once, but I am so happy we won't be split between 2 tables. We are at most of our other dining spots, but hopefully, I can get one table by the time we go.

Let me know what you think - we are trying a few new ones. By the way there are 6 adults and 4 children ages 3 and under. Also if you have any info about them seating us at two tables (or experienced it youself), feel free to let me know what it was like - are you back to back or are the tables all in a line with one side being a booth? We don't want to be eating as if we are two completely different parties:

Chef Mickey's - Dinner (1 Table :party:) - New to Us
Beirgarten - Dinner
Cape May Cafe Character Breakfast (2 Tables)
Crystal Palace - Dinner (2 Tables) - New to Us
Coral Reef - Lunch - New to Us
San Angel Inn - Dinner (2 Tables) - New to Us

I can't wait! Only 180 more days!

kris10399
04-21-2008, 09:23 PM
I can let you know about Biergarten for dinner and San Angel Inn for dinner too. We are a party of 9 and will be there 5/4-5/9. I can't recall if we will be split at either of these. Our party is 7 adults with a 4 y/o and 8.5 month old.
I've been to the Biergarten before and they have long tables. But I'm sure we'll be split based on what is available when we show up. With the 8.5 month old, he goes to bed early so we will just be taking whatever they have.

DestinationWDW
04-21-2008, 09:24 PM
We've traveled before as party of 8 and of 10. Got split a few times....only time I can remember that it bothered me was at Prime Time Cafe....we were catty cornered. My DH, MIL, DS and DD at one table. Me and my sister in law with 2 cranky 3 year olds who didn't want to sit still - one of which was my nephew who didn't eat a thing off of his plate but stuck his hand in my food the whole time - LOL. Was angry at my DH for ditching me with his sister...can't remember any other bad experience....I know they do try to seat you close by (ex Le Cellier). You will LOVE Chef Mickey's - great fun I think, especially with large groups! Have a great vacation!!!:mickey:

AuntLaura
04-21-2008, 09:35 PM
We had a party of 11 at the Biergarten recently and they were kind enough to wedge us all in at the same table. We had 4 children from ages 2-5 and there was plenty of room.

cal5755
04-21-2008, 10:03 PM
We have never made ADR's for less than 10 lol. We were never split up when dining. Chef Mickey's, Crystal Palace, Akershus, Hollywood & Vine, Captain Jacks, Nine Dragons and Planet Hollywood are the TS restaurants we went to last Sept. during free dining. We were told about separate tables when making the ADR's but never had a problem once being seated..

momof3+twins
04-21-2008, 10:23 PM
Did any of you call the phone number for large parties? Or did you just call the regular disney dining line?

elmjimmlm
04-22-2008, 11:34 AM
We are a party of 10 most of the time...(2 families of 5) and I sometimes would have to make our reservation at a different time on whatever day we were going to be there...I would just ask them what time they had that could take all of us at one table...It so far has worked out in our favor...

disney100%
04-22-2008, 11:35 AM
I called the regular dining line and the person I spoke with said only certain restaurants require you to call group dining with 10 or more. The cast member I spoke with was able to schedule all my ADRs. Do you think I should call group dining? By the way, my dad made Hoop Dee Doo reservations and he did call group dining because I think they consider 8 or more a group.

javamama
04-22-2008, 02:01 PM
We just got back w/a party of 10, and at chef Mickey's we had a table for 10, Kona Cafe table for 10, O'Hana's table for 10--no issues. At Le Cellier and Coral Reef it was two tables side by side--well Coral Reef was two booths next to each other. They did a great job, even at the Castle we had a table of 10 w/a small gap between the tables so we could sit down. No complaints from our party of 10:thumbsup:

disney100%
04-22-2008, 04:53 PM
Sounds good - it seems like I don't need to worry too much about it. We are just so excited to be going that as long as we are near each other it'll be great! Thanks again for all the info everyone!

dolphinmickey9170
04-22-2008, 05:01 PM
We've been a party of 10 many times and have never been split into two tables. Somehow, the Disney magic comes through and we all get a table together!!

You have some great choices there. I am excited for you. 22 more days for us!! WOW:mickey:

disney100%
04-22-2008, 05:09 PM
We've been a party of 10 many times and have never been split into two tables. Somehow, the Disney magic comes through and we all get a table together!!

You have some great choices there. I am excited for you. 22 more days for us!! WOW:mickey:

Have fun on your trip! I wish mine were only 22 days away, but I love this part - the planning and anticipating. The best part is it will be my two daughters' first trips (one will be 10 months and one will be just over 2), my nephew's (19 months) first trip and my son's (3 and a half years) second trip. I think this will probably be our best one yet! My parents and brother and sister in law are all going. We figure as long as the adults still out number the children we're good! :mickey:

Well, I am praying for some Disney magic on our trip - 1 table for 10 everywhere! Only 179 more days for us and I just can't wait!