PDA

View Full Version : airline reservations

gnomelady
04-21-2008, 11:48 AM
I am going to be staying at the POP Century flying on Southwest Airlines. As we all know SW does not do seat assignments but you can print your boarding pass 24 hours in advance. If I give the front desk my confirmation number will they print our boarding passes? I hate to have to come back to the resort just to get the passes printed.

thanks

CanadianWDWFan
04-21-2008, 12:10 PM
They will do it. I had our boarding passes fro AirTran printed out there.

I am not sure if you mean to give the resort your airline info then get the boarding pass from them later. I had to be there to get my boarding passes.

King Triton
04-21-2008, 12:27 PM
Don't know if this applies to you, but if you have an internet capable smart phone, you could do your checkin at mobile.southwest.com. Of course, you don't get the physical boarding passes, but you do lock in your A/B/C group, then print out the actual pass using a kiosk at MCO.

TheRustyScupper
04-21-2008, 12:53 PM
1) You need to give the info to Front Desk or Concierge Desk.
2) They will then print your boarding pass.
3) You have to do it at the same time.
4) You can't leave the info and have them print the pass at a later time.

NOTE: Some CM's used to take the info and print the boarding pass later in the day when the 24-hr window opened. However, sometimes they would get too busy and either forget or just not get a chance to do it. The guests came back irritated when they didn't have a boarding pass, or it was a "B" or "C". So, now you get the pass when you present the info.

NOTE2: You can now book Business First at SWA and be guaranteed a boarding pass never to be higher than #A15, even if you check-in at the airport! On a deeply discounted ticket, you can NEVER get less than #A16.

ThanxForNoticin
04-21-2008, 12:59 PM
Unless you can work out special arrangements with a cast member at your resort, I'm sure you'll have to be there at the resort to have them pull the boarding passes for you. Unfortunately, it can be a negative for the way SW's does their boarding, but online is the only way you can lock in your boarding position for the flight early. You might have to decide how important it is for you to get an "A" boarding pass - is it worth coming back from the parks? Something to consider - I don't know that you would have to go all the way back to POP to get the passes printed. Perhaps there is a resort closer to you that day that will help - can't hurt to ask.

gnomelady
04-21-2008, 03:09 PM
Thanks everyone for your imput. When I check in I will ask about the boarding passes. As long as we get on the plane and can sit together we don't care if it's A,B or C. I am so excited leaving tomorrow!

Just Tom
04-21-2008, 03:42 PM
I just got back and used SW. You can go to any guest services at any park and they will do it. I wouldn't trust a CM at the resorts to remember.

MuchLovedMama
04-21-2008, 05:45 PM
Yeah, I was just going to post that I read on another thread that you can go to guest relations at any park & they will do it as well. That's what I'm planning on doing this September from Hollywood Studios because 24 hours for us will be at 10:25 a.m. so I don't want to wait to go that late & I'm certainly not leaving that early from the park so hopefully this info is correct & we can do this.

silentbob007
04-23-2008, 02:05 PM
Another possibility, perhaps ... if you have a friend or family member back home with an internet connection, you can leave your confirmation number and that person can check you in. When you get to the airport, your position is locked in, and you just have to tell the person at the desk (or the kiosk) that you still need to print your boarding passes. Pretty easy to do and may be less of a hassle if there is someone you can trust to do it.

Rosemickey68
04-24-2008, 10:01 AM
We had our boarding passes printed at Pop a few weeks ago...we just took our confirmation number to the front desk and they printed them for us. If you won't be at Pop in the first few minutes of your 24 hour window...you can have them printed at Guest Services at any of the parks.
Have a good trip!:mickey: