PDA

View Full Version : Magical Contemporary Day 5

ltam16
04-21-2008, 10:31 AM
We were planning on relaxing again this morning. But I have a hard time not trying to do everything!! I don't want to miss a thing. So ds and I woke up at 8:30 and I asked him if he wanted to go to Epcot. So the 2 of us were off and everyone else slept. Later we found out they swam too!

It was raining a little while we were on the monrail but stopped by the time we arrived. We went to innoventions east and did the garbage/recycling game. It was cute. We also did a kidcot stop. We then did ellen's energy ride and went to garden town. We started another mask there and saw Daisy Duck--no lines! The train set they had running was really neat and my son got some animal tattoos.

We headed back and met the rest of the gang. We headed to Poly for lunch. I had the polynesian salad-it was sooo good. I really wanted a dole whip but I was too full. Then we took a bus to DHS to finish up there! We did the backlot tour and Lights Motor Action. Both were really good. We caught the HSM 2 show and my daughter got to participate. She was thrilled. We saw the HSM1 show last time. I like the music to this one! Then we did the animation drawing again. This time we drew Tigger. We got the drawing book for the kids.

We went to Rosie's and Catalina Eddie's for dinner and then waited for Fantasmic. My dd really wanted to go on ToT and RNRC but I am the only one who goes on those types of rides and after Everest I was scared! And I was too nervous to let my 7 year old go alone. We'll just have to come back another year!! Twist my arm why don't you!

We sat in the center top row because we were with wheelchairs. I thought it was a great view and didn't mind be down lower. Everyone loved the show! DS was exhausted though because we had been on the go for a long time!

We felt bad staying till closing because of the wheelchairs and the bus. My fil stayed in the chair so it took a while and my mil transfered and we folded her chair. The kids sat on their laps and dh and I stood. We feel bad boarding 1st and making people wait and the end of the night. Then we were the first stop and so many people had to get off for us to unload. Everyone was great about it and very pleasant. I have to say the bus driver was great. The night before we had a very surly lady bus driver who told a second wheelchair to wait for the next bus even though there was room for them because she would have had to move my fil. It wasn't park close so it wasn't crowded and there was plenty of room. It was terrible. She was sighing and making all these faces.

Any way we made it back watched wishes from balcony and Water Pagaent which is my personal favorite. I still remember the first time seeing it as a kid. DH and got everyone asleep and headed to GF for our icecream and I convinced him to go to emh at midnite to MK. We were both exhausted but I just had to do it. We wandered through the shops without children asking to buy thing!! Fabulous! The we did Snow White --my brave roller coater riding 7 year is afraid of the witch on this one so we never go on it! I wanted to do Peter Pan but it was too long. Lots of characters out. We went back to room feeling a little guilty we didn't take kids!

wdwgrl377
04-21-2008, 12:31 PM
Another great day! Thanks for sharing! :mickey:

Sunshine1010
04-21-2008, 12:44 PM
I'm glad you had a good time. Seems as if you are busier than expected....but I know how you feel. I always plan a relaxing vacation...yet I'm still 'gung-ho' about doing everything once I'm there because everything is so fun.

Listen - don't feel bad because you were loading into the bus at closing time. In my opinion - your family members in wheelchairs have every right to be there. I have absolutely no problem with ANY wheelchair being loaded first (AND their family members). I'm glad the male bus driver was nice to you, ....and I'm sorry the female one was a little rude.

Can't wait to read more!

dolphinmickey9170
04-21-2008, 07:02 PM
Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

SgtTigger
04-21-2008, 07:55 PM
Thanks for the reports....

Great room

Great time

Great ending........

:cop: :tigger:

KineGirl
04-21-2008, 08:26 PM
What a great trip ya'll are having! It sounds like ANOTHER perfect day in WDW!

Thanks for the report - I can picture it all :cloud9:

cal5755
04-22-2008, 11:55 AM
Your trip reports are making me more and more excited about our upcoming trip in Sept. I was a little nervous about the fact we are bringing Aunt Apple but I am sure we are going to have a blast despite the age and wheelchair.

faline
04-22-2008, 03:19 PM
Another wonderful Disney day for you and your family!

pdrlkr
04-24-2008, 08:39 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey: