PDA

View Full Version : 6-7 in a group but not altogether DDP tip ?

LiloLovesTheKing26
04-21-2008, 10:27 AM
usually with DDP they would just put everyone on one ticket since the tip was not an issue. So what about now? For example there will be 6 of us together but 3 couples. Will they divide the tickets up or will it still be on one? I ask this mostly due to the tipping situation. I am a great tipper but I am not sure about the other two coulpes. What if they are 10% tippers so the 20% I leave would really really be like I am always making up the difference and they would still be getting less. I don't feel comfortable asking the people in my group to pay what I pay if they don't want to. But I don't want the server to suffer either!! Does this make any sense??

Seasonscraps
04-21-2008, 10:33 AM
You should still be able to split the tickets.

CleveSJM
04-21-2008, 11:47 AM
You should still be able to split the tickets.

For TS restaurants, they are automatically adding 18% for parties of 6 or more. I believe your party is your reservation size (handled by same waitstaff) so the tip will be on there even if you have it split to 6 individual bills.

wedway fan
04-21-2008, 12:59 PM
we just returned from a trip with 11 of us, 3 separate checks at each meal. as clevesjm said above, the 18% gratuity was added to each of our checks. you can leave more if you like.

if 18% works for you, and you'll be charging the tip to your room, ask to have them ring it up all at once. the meals where we did that worked great. other servers didn't ask us that, and would ring up the DDP, then come back with the ticket to be signed and another one for the tip, requiring another trip to the back with the card and yet another ticket to sign.