PDA

View Full Version : Does Mickey really ride Dumbo?

2Princesses4Us
04-21-2008, 09:33 AM
Does Mickey ever really ride Dumbo? Of course that is the scene in the commercial for WDW... can you imagine if you got to ride with him? how fun would that be?
:mickey:

Disney Buff
04-21-2008, 10:52 AM
Not sure about Mickey but a couple years ago during Magical Beginnings, my DD rode Dumbo with Stitch. Chip and Dale also rode on the carousel with her.

Blue Genie
04-21-2008, 12:01 PM
I've seen at Disneyland Belle Aurora and Cinderella riding Dumbo with some kids. Also on the carousel i've seen Peter Pan, Wendy and Hook on it.

like2workout
04-21-2008, 01:52 PM
yes!!! yes!!! yes!!! mickey really does ride dumbo! i was at disneyworld 2 weeks ago, and during the extra magic hours at the magic kingdom they brought characters out starting at 12 midnight and they stayed until park closing at 3 a.m.!!! i have a picture of mickey and minnie both riding dumbo. they were in 2 differnt elephants, and each had kids with them. mickey was in the dumbo right in front of minnie, so i got them both in 1 picture. i also got some great pictures of goofy on one of the horse on cinderella's carousel. pluto rode it too at the same time. mickey, minnie, goofy, pluto, donald, chip and dale were all out during that time period. I was one of the very last pictures made with mickey and minnie about 2:45 a.m. it was a big surprise and great fun with very few people around!

Jasper
04-21-2008, 02:01 PM
We also saw Minnie and Mickey on Dumbo during a late night several years ago. I can't say I have ever seen them do something like that during regular hours. If I had to guess it is probably because there are so many people in the parks before the late night that they would have a hard time getting away to do a ride like they can during the late night.

Mackflava99
04-21-2008, 02:04 PM
Yes we have seen Mickey- it was 3 years ago- Late in the day 9 around 6pm-after we ate at Pinochio's.

One day last year we saw Capt Hook on Dumbo ride- i was shocked !!

joanna71985
04-21-2008, 02:43 PM
For special reasons, the characters will ride certain attractions.

Mickey91
04-22-2008, 10:41 AM
Wow! I would pass out if I got to ride a ride with Mickey Mouse!!:faint:

joanna71985
04-22-2008, 11:43 AM
I got to ride the Teacups with Alice and Mad Hatter. It totally made my day.

Hayden's Dad
04-22-2008, 12:53 PM
I got to ride the Teacups with Alice and Mad Hatter. It totally made my day.

That would be cool.

I wish they did the "Magical Beginings" other tiems besides Sept and Oct. We would love to take Hayden early to play with the charcters.

joanna71985
04-22-2008, 02:23 PM
I wish they did the "Magical Beginings" other tiems besides Sept and Oct. We would love to take Hayden early to play with the charcters.

They may not even be doing it then. I have heard rumors it may be discontinued.

Laysout4it
04-22-2008, 07:31 PM
I hope they don't discontinue Magical Beginnings because it was wonderful for us when we did it in Sept and many children/parents would miss out if they didn't have the opportunity.

My 2 1/2 year old daughter (at the time) got to do Ring-around-the-rosey, Duck-duck-goose, Head-shoulder-knees-toes, Tag with the characters.
Then she got to ride Dumbo with Stitch, the carousel with Goofy once, Chip & Dale another time, & played Hide & Seek with Pooh and Tigger in Pooh's playful spot.
She missed riding Peter Pan with Capt. Hook by one person..........

Yeah, the characters will ride stuff.

GrmGrninGost
04-22-2008, 09:54 PM
I haven't seen Mickey ride, but my DW and DD rode the carousel with Mary Poppins! :mickey:

mizzoumouse
04-22-2008, 10:40 PM
We got to ride the Tea Cups with Tweedle-Dee and Tweedle-Dum during early extra magic hours a few years ago!