PDA

View Full Version : Smuggler's Notch in Vermont

alphamommy
04-21-2008, 08:35 AM
Anyone been to Smuggler's Notch? I got a brochure from them last week, and DH and I looked at it this weekend. We're thinking that we might go there this summer.

We've looked at this place before, but their kid's programs are set up by age, and the one that DD would be in seemed a little boring for her. This year, at age 8, she thinks it looks fun.

We're thinking of driving there, by way of Toronto (Hockey Hall of Fame) and Lake Placid, then hitting Cooperstown (Baseball Hall of Fame - that's for me!) and Niagara Falls on the way home.

Any thoughts?
Thanks,
Tammy

Tiggerlovr9000
04-21-2008, 02:12 PM
I have never been but I do remember the travel channel having it rated one of the top 10 family resorts. I just got my brochure in the mail today. It looks like fun.

DisneyDog
04-23-2008, 05:33 PM
Ha! We got our brochure yesterday! We've never been before. We are heading to N.C. this summer, so it won't be this year.

alphamommy
04-24-2008, 09:00 AM
We made our reservations on Tuesday for a week in early August. I'll report back when we return.

We're driving to Toronto (Hockey HOF), then on to Lake Placid, then to Smuggler's. After SN, we're heading to Cooperstown, where I get to knock something off my bucket list (Baseball HOF), then to Niagara Falls, then home. It will be a long couple weeks in the car, but we'll have a nice long stop in Vermont in the middle.

Now, to find places to stay along the way...

Tammy

brewcrew26
04-24-2008, 10:36 PM
I haven't been to Smuggler's Notch but DH (who is from Vermont) took be to the Brattleboro/Putney area in the SE corner of the state. I loved it. Absolutely quiet and beautiful. We went horseback riding in the summer. And in the winter, the skiing is supposed to fabulous (I don't ski, though).

I think Vermont's just a great getaway no matter what!