PDA

View Full Version : On Board with Southwest

Lucyrella
04-20-2008, 07:41 PM
I don't know much about airfares, because I really don't like to fly, but my husband is being a trooper by allowing us one final trip to Disney before our almost 5 year starts kindergarten the following year. Anyhow, I took advantage of an offer they have through tomorrow where you can get 10% off their airfares, I managed to get 4 round trip tickets from Nashville non stop to Orlando for $675. I think that is a good deal, I hope you all will tell me it is even if it isn't.:secret: So now I am off trying to figure out the car rental venture. Just thought I'd share the rate incase anyone else is looking. ;)

silentbob007
04-22-2008, 12:06 AM
Sounds like a good rate to me. :mickey:

goofynmd
04-22-2008, 12:36 PM
We took advantage of the 10% off for Southwest too. 3 non-stop tickets Buffalo to Orlando was $630 so I think you got a good price.

The good thing about SW is that you can change the flights if needed with no penalty. In fact, if prices go down (yeah right) you can rebook and get credit for a future flight.

As far as car rentals are concerned... check prices on a daily basis. They change dramatically. I would often book and rebook when I found a better rate.

illini
04-22-2008, 12:37 PM
Sounds like a fantastic deal to me. We're hard pressed to find fares under $300 (plus fees) out of Texas. You did a good job!

TheRustyScupper
04-22-2008, 03:38 PM
1) I would have considered Allegiant from Chattanooga, TN.
2) Airfare is as low as $49 each way, plus taxes.
3) They are one of the cheapest airfares out there.
4) And, they operate from smaller airports.

dolphinmickey9170
04-22-2008, 04:18 PM
We had purchased with SW for $597 rt for three adults out of Baltimore non stop for Orlando. The "DING" price dropped the trip down, so I cancelled our first flight and rebooked with the lower fare and saved $108 toward another flight to use within a year.

As for a rental, I have found Avis to be the least expensive. One time when we booked with Alamo, they said they had sold out of the car we booked and the next size car up still wouldn't be big enough, so they wouldn't rent to us unless we spent another $180 to upgrade. I called my travel agent and she fixed it and I got my money back. I only have ever used Avis since. We booked a compact, by the time we arrived, they were out so we got a free upgrade to a minivan.. WOOHOO!!:mickey:

silentbob007
04-22-2008, 04:18 PM
The biggest problem I have with Allegiant is that they fly into Sanford instead of MCO. This disqualifies you from the Magical Express, and I have found that shuttles/car rentals are more expensive from there. Am I missing something, or do the fares make up the difference for you?

Rosemickey68
04-24-2008, 11:47 AM
I think that rate is pretty good actually.

illini, being from Texas..I agree depending on what time of the year it is...however, I notice if you get their "Ding" program it really has saved us money...you just have to get on the computer early in the morning when they release the specials on Ding or they sell out quickly in our big state!