PDA

View Full Version : Gift Card and Dining questions?

Deesdisney
04-20-2008, 06:00 PM
Has anyone ever used the gift card for dining? If so did you have a problem with it? I was also wondering if you could add on money each month? Any information would be grateful. Thank you.:confused:

dmallan
04-20-2008, 08:46 PM
Yes, we have used a Disney gift card for meals.
We've used the Disney rewards card as well (points earned from our Disney Visa) and both are readily accepted at CS and TS restaurants.

There was just one thing that was a little confusing. When the receipt displays your new balance, it doesn't subtract the amount that you've added for the tip. So, if you have a $100 card, the meal comes to $60, and you add a $12 tip, your receipt will say you have a $40 balance left.
I found that very strange, but it happened at all of the restaurants. I just had to subtract the tip amount myself and make a note of the new balance.

But there was no problem with anyone accepting it.

Also, to answer your other question, yes I believe you can add to the card each month.

kaylamag
04-21-2008, 07:54 AM
Before my disney trip i also had the idea of buying a gift card and adding money to it so often. I had heard that it could be done at the disney store at the mall. However everytime i tried to add money to the card either they couldn't figure out how or they told me it couldn't be done. I usually just ended up buying another gift card or some disney dollars.

Fangorn
04-21-2008, 10:08 AM
As has already been said, the gift cards are accepted almost everywhere on Disney property. We've used them at all kinds of eating establishments and have never had a problem.
The gift cards can be reloaded. I've done it in the past, and the Disney website still says they can be reloaded. There is a phone number on the back to call and reload the card using a credit/debit card. I don't know if the card can be reloaded at the Disney Store, however.

Steve

Deesdisney
04-21-2008, 06:20 PM
Thank you for the info. I am going to try it this time around. I think this will be better than doing what I have done in the past.