PDA

View Full Version : Annual Pass ???

pluto 77
04-20-2008, 05:03 PM
How many days do you need to visit WDW for the price of the annual pass to actually be worth it? We don't live in FL so i am trying to figure out if it is worth it for us to purchase it in the future, cause we do have dvc.
Also, can u add water park and more to the annual pass or is that something seperate?

tundramom
04-20-2008, 07:03 PM
If you have DVC you get a discount on AP & AP Premium (includes waterparks, Quest, PI, and Wide World of Sports)
Adults $348 under 10 $307 for AP
Adults $454, under 10 $400 for Premium
Above prices reflect the DVC discount, there are also even more reductions for renewals.
Our rule of thumb is 10 days, we try to plan two trips in a 12 month span (Nov 07/Oct 08) so we can use our AP twice before it expires (we average 7-8 days in the parks/ trip). We do not buy the Premium pass because we just don't make it to the water parks that often (I think I figured 3 days to make it worthwhile). Hope this helps.:thumbsup:

medic9016
04-20-2008, 07:09 PM
There are two types of annual passes. One is for the four parks only and the other is the premium AP which includes the water parks, Disney Quest and the sports complex. If you get the regular AP you get a discount rate at the water parks. We get to buy our AP through Shades of Green and that gives us a good discount. So I think our cost advantage is more than ten or twelve days in the parks. I don't know what kind of discount you get as a DVC member, so you days will be a little different.