PDA

View Full Version : I am looking for...

momof3+twins
04-20-2008, 02:50 PM
A place that has the grill right at the table, maybe in Japan. Does anyone know of anyplace in Disney that does this? If so, I need opinions on the food!
Thanks

Tygger7
04-20-2008, 03:21 PM
I know Teppan Edo (Japan-World Showcase) has the grill at the table...in fact, we're trying it on our next trip. All the reviews I've read on it have been excellent. :mickey:

Hair_Razor
04-20-2008, 03:36 PM
Yes it does we went there. The food is good typical Japanese steakhouse. My son loved it he thought it was so cool watching them prepare his food in front of him.

TheRustyScupper
04-20-2008, 04:50 PM
1) Japan does prepare food Teppan-style.
2) No other restaurant cooks at the table.
3) They used to prepare several steak meals.
4) It has been stopped due to safety issues.

NOTE: Two restaurants used to make Steak Diane at the table. However, guests from other tables actually rudely/crudely got up to go over and see the flaming preparation. VERY UNSAFE.

tundramom
04-20-2008, 07:21 PM
Teppan Edo:eat::tasty: has steak, chicken, and shrimp and some combos. My DD loved it!

DisneyDog
04-21-2008, 09:56 AM
We have been to Teppan Edo several times. The food is very good, and it's fun. Enjoy!

joonyer
04-21-2008, 02:45 PM
Although it's not at your table, 'Ohana has a gigantic open flame grill right in the middle of the dining room. Teppan Edo in Japan is the only one where your food is prepared right at your table, though. Very entertaining, like most Japanese steakhouses.

elmjimmlm
04-22-2008, 11:39 AM
Teppan Edo:eat::tasty:

Has to be one of the best meals at Disney...:thumbsup:

Checkers
04-22-2008, 01:46 PM
:mickey:We went to Teppan Edo in Japan last fall and loved it. We will be going again next week:D!

JerseyDad
04-22-2008, 02:21 PM
.....have been to Teppan Edo (and formerly Teppanyaki) a total of 4 times now in the past 4 years...and the food and especially the service has never been anything less than excellent.

I've seen another thread on this board related to "Best Steak" in WDW...and it just dawned on me that...bite-for-bite...the steak that I've eaten at Teppan Edo is without a doubt some of the most tasty and tender I've ever had.

The place is certainly one of the real jewels of restaurants in WDW :thumbsup:

Bohms4
04-23-2008, 10:07 AM
We just ate at Teppan Edo a few nights ago and it was AMAZING!! We LOVED it, the kids LOVED it, the food was EXCELLENT!!

NJGIRL
04-23-2008, 10:15 AM
I just made my ADR for Teppan today. I look forward to trying it.

Soul_Power
04-23-2008, 02:01 PM
I'm hoping to go there on my next trip! Well, I have to convince my boyfriend to TAKE another trip first, but this restaurant will definitely be on my list! We wanted to go there on our last trip, but it was closed for renovations..