PDA

View Full Version : Most Magical First Anniversary Pre-Trip Report

poeticeclipse
04-20-2008, 11:11 AM
Welcome!

Thanks for joining me, Stacey, in what will inevitably be the most amazing anniversary trip to WDW that ever was. At least for me. You may remember reading about our honeymoon just under one year ago. If you don't then you should catch up to speed by reading at LEAST the preliminary report for our awesome honeymoon.
http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=110469

I have many dining reviews available to read as well as three or four videos (http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...25224801&hl=en).

The Cast <----Click! (http://s183.photobucket.com/albums/x284/mrandmrslantz/Honeymoon&#37;20Pics/?action=view&current=7361.jpg)

Stacey:mickey: (http://s183.photobucket.com/albums/x284/mrandmrslantz/Honeymoon%20Pics/?action=view&current=508.jpg) - I breathe, eat, and sleep everything Disney. First trip to WDW was at age 9 and I have been hooked ever since. My entire year revolves around my next trip to the Most Magical Place on Earth. I get a thrill out of planning trips for my family and helping strangers plan their WDW vacations.
Favorite Disney Movie: Lilo and Stitch & Beauty and the Beast (so hard to pick)
Favorite Disney Attraction: Carousel of Progress
Favorite Disney Character: Lilo and Boo with a large crush on Aladdin

Matt:mickey: (http://s183.photobucket.com/albums/x284/mrandmrslantz/Honeymoon%20Pics/?action=view&current=545.jpg) - My recruitee in the bizarre and addicting universe that is Walt Disney World. His first trip was back in 2006 and this will be his third trip to WDW. He is the cheese to my macaroni. The ying to my yang. When i'm having a bad day he knows that watching the Walt Disney biography DVD will cheer me up. Whenever he sees a WDW commerical on television he gives me a pouty look and says "I miss it..." Though he may not get into the planning process he sure does get excited when I announce that i've booked our next trip!
Favorite Disney Movie: The Incredibles
Favorite Disney Attraction: Spaceship Earth
Favorite Disney Characeter: Donald Duck

Trip Itinerary

Yes, I am a super nerd and I plan (roughly) each day out in order to maximize our fun. The fact that I just used the term "maximize our fun" really makes the nerd thing resound quite loudly, huh? I plan out where we are going to start our day based on the Unoffical Guide's crowd calendar. We love to park hop so I make a note of what parks to avoid for each day. Gosh, Matt's a great guy for putting up with me.

April 29 - May 6

Tuesday, April 29th - MK
ADR of the Day: Cape May Cafe at 5:35 p.m.

Wednesday, April 30th - DS
ADR of the Day: Sci Fi Dine In at 1:30 p.m.

Thursday, May 1st - EP
ADR of the Day: Fultons at 3:10 p.m.

Friday, May 2nd - AK
No ADR today!

Saturday, May 3rd - MK
ADR of the Day: Grand Floridian Cafe at 1:40 p.m.

Sunday, May 4th - EP
No ADR today either!
We are all signed up for the Epcot Aqua Seas Tour at 12:30 p.m.! While i'm very nervous, i'm also very excited!

Monday, May 5th - DS
ADR of the Day: Mama Melrose at 3:00 p.m.

Tuesday, May 6th - Departure Day
We fly into Detroit instead of Chicago so we can see my favorite band, Rooney, in concert! I actually planned our anniversary trip one month early so I wouldn't miss them because I heard they were coming around our area in May. Little did I know that they'd come the first week of May. Luckily, we've got it all figured out now and i'm cool as a cucumber.

Thanks so much for tuning in to my pre-trip report. I'll add more throughout the week. I actually vow to FINISH this trip report. I've started trip reports in the past (twice) and never finished them. This time i'm taking the laptop so I can document each day and then just copy it over here when we get back. See ya real soon! (http://s183.photobucket.com/albums/x284/mrandmrslantz/?action=view&current=Epcot3.jpg)

Update Below on 4/27/08

dolphinmickey9170
04-20-2008, 11:31 AM
Stacey, congatulations on your first anniversary. I've been looking forward to your next trip as your reports are awesome and your pix/videos always bring a joyous tear to my eye. I hope you have a great time and travel safe. Please be sure to make note of everything about the sea tour as I am very interested in learning more about it.

Have a magical anniversary!! Be sure to let them know you are celebrating your anniversary and don't forget to get your anniversary pins!!

BronxTigger
04-20-2008, 11:52 AM
Yes! Stacey, your trip reports are among my favorites! I can't wait to read all about your trip. I hope that it is as good or even better than your last trip (which was AWESOME).

Have a great trip and good luck keeping up with the reports daily on your laptop. I always say I'm going to write them day by day and then copy and paste when I get home, but I'm always crashing into the bed at the hotel at the end of each day!

wdwgrl377
04-20-2008, 02:11 PM
Congrats, Stacy on your one year anniversary!! Sounds like a wonderful trip you've got planned!
I too, have a crush on Aladdin myself! He's my favorite! :blush:

Have a safe trip and I can't wait to read all about it! Oh, and see pics too!!! :D

poeticeclipse
04-21-2008, 01:53 PM
[
8 Days to go.....

Glad to hear that some people are excited to hear about our vacation! We've had a really rough first year what with finding a house, wanting it, not wanting it, almost getting sued because of it... then being forced to buy the house. We feel like despite it all we've come out much wiser and stronger as a couple. We've been blessed this year with a new niece (born just 3 weeks ago) and she made us really understand how much our family means to us. We're really really ready to get out of our little bubble city and have some FUN!

Here we are... about a week to go and we're so in Disney mode! I'm actually listening to Disney music at work as I type this. Yesterday we cleaned the house and listened to the Disney planning DVD while we were sweeping, doing the dishes, laundry, etc. I kept getting choked up at different parts. I can't help it!! The Disney "emotion music," as I like to call it, always gets me!!! I wait all year to get to go back to the one place that makes me truly happy. I just can't believe i'll be there in just one short week!

We have a few things on our agenda that we want to do/see/try.

First off, we booked the Epcot Aqua Seas Tour. I'm nervous about it (not about the fish) but more about getting the hang of the breathing regulator. Matt's ridiculously excited. He kept looking up sea turtles the other day on the internet. :D I love that Disney makes the "little boy" come out in him.

We are going to try seeing the water pageant from the Polynesian beach on this trip as well. I haven't gotten to see much of the grounds of the Poly so I figure that if we just walk around and then end up on the beach we'll have a pretty good time.

Matt wants to walk around more at Downtown Disney and pin trade. On our honeymoon we didn't spend enough time at Downtown Disney and they seem to have some really awesome pins floating around. Sounds like a good time to us!

I've decided that i'm going to face my ultimate fear and keep my eyes open on Dinosaur. I don't mind going on the attraction. I just keep my eyes closed and plug my ears! hahaha. I can't help but wonder if it's really as bad as it sounds. I promised Matt that i'll keep my eyes open for as long as I can. Eeeeek! Cross your fingers for me!

We're going to meet up with a friend of mine from high school that is in the college program working at the Grand Floridian doing retail. I haven't seen her in a while so it will be fun to see her in her Cast Member garb! :) On top of that, i've been in contact with a CM for a few years via MySpace who is "friends" with Mrs. Incredible and Mary Poppins. We've always talked about meeting up sometime and this time we're actually going to do it! I'm very excited to meet her in person. :)

My goal today is to get DH to start packing. He likes to stall. I already made up a packing list for each of us so he can't forget things like his toothbrush and sunglasses again. I love packing and he hates it. But, we both love Disney so it all balances out, right?!? :mickey:

RedSoxFan
04-21-2008, 05:27 PM
Happy 1st Anniversary Stacey. I hope you have a great time.:mickey:

faline
04-22-2008, 12:36 PM
It won't be long now before you leave for your anniversary celebration! :mickey:

MsMin
04-22-2008, 04:48 PM
Happy Anniversary and have a wonderful trip!
Sending :pixie: for some extra :magic: Congrats and have a safe and incredible trip!

princessgirls
04-22-2008, 09:25 PM
A great trip you have planned!

Have a terrific time!

Happy Anniversary!

Julie:mickey:

Kairi_7378
04-23-2008, 06:49 AM
Happy Anniversary! It doesn't seem that long ago that we were reading your Disneymoon trip reports. You looked like you had such a great time last time and I hope you have a great time again! Good luck getting Matt to pack. My husband will not pack until the day we are leaving, and I always panic that he is going to forget something!

cal5755
04-23-2008, 11:49 AM
I loved seeing your pictures and reading your pre-trip report!! Can't wait to hear all about your anniversary trip!! :congrats:

I am off to read your honeymoon post as I was not yet an intercot member. It looks like you have tons of fun planned for this trip and it is neat that you are meeting people while you are there...

Here is to you having a super MAGICAL trip :mickey:

Bethanymouse
04-23-2008, 12:59 PM
Stacy,
Have a wonderful trip! I remember reading about your honeymoon, seems like I just read that report! Have a wonderful trip, I cant wait to hear all about it!

KineGirl
04-23-2008, 01:17 PM
Sounds like its gearing up to be a great trip! And dont worry .. .I like to maximize our fun too :number1::mickey:

SBETigg
04-23-2008, 01:22 PM
You've planned a great time. Happy first anniversary! I'm looking forward to the reports.

poeticeclipse
04-23-2008, 01:40 PM
We're past the one week marker now. Thank goodness. I'm really starting to get antsy and i'm still in a state of disbelief that we're actually going to be there in a week.

Last night while DH and I were cooking dinner I looked at the clock on the microwave and said to him "Guess where we will be exactly one week from right now." He said "CAPE MAY!" Yeah, we're pretty excited. For some reason we get ridiculously excited about eating at a clambake buffet. We're both pescetarians and here in a small city it's tough to find things that accomodate our dietary needs. At WDW we are in heaven. I love eating all of the vegetarian options at WDW because I can count on almost all of them as being good. We're both very daring and try new things at WDW where as here we just order the same old thing.

As for packing... still not done. I've started but Matt hasn't. I had stored my summer clothes at my moms house all winter and I went over there last weekend to dig all of it out and choose what I wanted to take. It was quite fun putting on some of my favorite clothes that I haven't worn since August. Here in Michigan we've got low 70's finally. Once is hit 50 people were out in shorts and t-shirts!!! haha! Us Michiganders never take the warm weather for granted.

poeticeclipse
04-27-2008, 09:22 PM
Update 4/27/08

Looks like we're down to about one day left!

DH's parents were supposed to take us to the airport in Chicago Tuesday morning. BUT, they would rather us leave Monday night and just stay in Chicago overnight. Which means... I had to pack one day faster. Eeeek! I thought I was packing far enough in advance but I don't feel like it now. Suitcases are laying all over the floor, cameras are charging in all rooms, and my guidebooks are strewn everywhere. It's a total mess. Our house is smaller than the average apartment so you can just imagine how difficult it is to walk around in here.

I'm really getting nervous. I don't know if i'm on the only one but I feel as though i'm forgetting things. Like, i'm going to leave out one major crucial part of this trip. I THINK everything is done but until we're there in our room at Pop, i'm going to be a half wreck. It's like i've been planning for this for months and now that it's here I feel like i'm just never going to make it there. Like some disaster is going to come and ruin it all and we'll never even make it off the ground. Ugh :( I hate feeling like this.

I'll probably update before we leave... but if not... I'll talk to you all when we get back! Which will be next Wednesday night.

Ta ta for now!

pogo
04-28-2008, 09:12 PM
Stacey.... I hope you have as wonderful time as you had last year.

If you have time...... and enjoy adult beverages.... check out the Tambu Lounge and the Lapu lapu :papple: It will help make the Water Pageant more enjoyable ! :yes:

Travel safe and see you when you return. :D

:fworks:.....Happy Anniversary.....:fworks:

poeticeclipse
04-28-2008, 09:55 PM
***In Chicago... 4/28/08....9:50 MI time

We made it to Chicago! We're in our hotel room. A lovely Super 8 with paper thin walls. But, it has a bed to sleep in and at this rate... that's all I need. We're going to leave for the airport at 4:45 a.m. in the morning. Even though i'm technically on vacation now I don't feel like it. I think once we actually are in the air flying I will actually get in the mood. It was raining the entire way here. Chicago people drive crazy! haha. Us Michiganders (at least this Michigander) are chicken drivers.

We just ordered some Dominos (we don't have it back home anymore) and The Sopranos is on. I have free interent. Therefore, all is good in Stacey Land.

I will talk to you all when I get back!!! Thanks for all the happy wishes. I'm sure our trip will be filled with magic. Hey! It's Disney!!!:cloud9:

SBETigg
04-28-2008, 10:13 PM
Stacey, you obviously don't live close to Detroit. I lived in Canton MI for about three years and the drivers were maniacs-- and I say this as a native of Massachusetts.

Best wishes for a wonderful flight and a magical vacation for you and your handsome prince. Looking forward to reports.

:prince: :pixie: :pixie: :princess:

Young@Heart
04-29-2008, 12:57 AM
Stacey, you obviously don't live close to Detroit. I lived in Canton MI for about three years and the drivers were maniacs-- and I say this as a native of Massachusetts.
Best wishes for a wonderful flight and a magical vacation for you and your handsome prince. Looking forward to reports.

:prince: :pixie: :pixie: :princess:

:rotfl:

As a MA resident, I love the bold above-sooo true! The rotaries are an adventure every day!

Stacey, I loved looking at your pictures! What a magical honeymoon you had! Have a wonderful anniversary. I can't wait to read your trip report! :mickey:

poeticeclipse
04-29-2008, 04:58 AM
While it's 3:50 a.m. Chicago time and I got ZERO hours of sleep. Only minutes. Due to My FIL and MIL snoring ALL NIGHT. Very loudly.

I actually feel quite sick right now. We ate pizza right before falling asleep so maybe that had something to do with it.

I am HAPPY. SO HAPPY. To say that I got the following e-mail this morning.

We would like for you to join us on Wednesday April 30th, for a stock footage volunteer taping of Disney's newest attraction Toy Story Mania! After reading through the following information please e-mail ****************** to confirm your attendance.

We will be shooting various beauty shots ranging from ride interiors, exteriors, guest reactions while on ride, ride elements, basically the whole ride experience ;-)

At least one parent must be present per family if children in attendance are under the age of 18.

Attire:

Normal everyday park attire (ie. Shorts/jeans, t-shirts etc.)

Please no tight patterns, stripes, solid white or very light shirts as they are hard to see on TV

NO logos or advertising on clothing (No Nike Swoosh, Adidas logo, Abercrombie, etc.)

Disney branded clothing is ok

HOW COOL!??!?! I don't even care that I feel terrible right now. I am so excited to be able to tell all of you about the shoot. It's going to last about 3 hours. We're in the AM session starting at 9. Hooray!!

brewcrew26
04-29-2008, 05:46 PM
That sounds like such a cool experience, Stacey! I wish you and DH the best time on your anniversary trip! I just love reading your reports! :mickey:

HndrdPrcnt
04-29-2008, 06:49 PM
Wow!! Stacey that sounds so very cool and I am now dying to read your trip reports!! Oh, I am dying to get back to DW myself and all I need to do is convince my wife!! She loves Disney as well, but she is much more the realist with our financial situation. After being through what I have been through in the last 2 years, I say make the most of every day, even if it means a little more debt. She, on the other hand, is much more the type to want to get all of the debt paid off. At that rate, we will NEVER make it back. So, I just have to work some Disney magic on her!! Keep the :fingers: !!

DisneyorBust
05-05-2008, 07:49 AM
I am just a bit late in reading your "pre-trip" report.....so late that you only have a couple of days left before you have to return home! Here's hoping that your trip is going great, how can it not? You are in Disney! Looking forward to your reports.:thumbsup:

Bethis26fan
05-05-2008, 07:47 PM
Hope your trip was great. I can't wait to hear all about it.

fairies*n*fireflies
05-06-2008, 12:41 AM
Can't wait to read all about your trip! Off to read about your honeymoon since I wasnt around back then to read it the first time!

DisneyCouture
05-06-2008, 01:20 PM
I can't wait to hear about your trip! Sounds like so much fun. Happy Anniversary!:mickey:

blabbermouth
05-06-2008, 04:49 PM
Hey, great pics from the honeymoon and can't wait to hear about your (now over :() trip! Question: what kind of sandals are you wearing in all the honeymoon pics, and we're they comfy every day? Thanks!

poeticeclipse
05-07-2008, 12:36 AM
Hey, great pics from the honeymoon and can't wait to hear about your (now over :() trip! Question: what kind of sandals are you wearing in all the honeymoon pics, and we're they comfy every day? Thanks!

They are Crocs! Athens! Love them!!!! I wore them a lot for this trip as well.

So, since i'm posting... I'M BACK! I'm actually in Detroit right now at a friends apartment. I'm looking forward to sharing everything with all of you. We had a great trip. So great that I cried on the plane ride home. DH and I have decided that our next trip will to Disneyland for a few days and then to Disney World for about 5 days. We really want to see and experience where it all started.

I'll post my first day tomorrow. I have them all written up except for our last day which I had to type up tomorrow. I need to put pictures on the computer still... I'll probably do that tonight. Not much video honestly... I think we have very very little video because we tried to keep things compact. And, in all of our honeymoon pictures we had the camera bag! Ugh. No good.

Well, i'm off to get some stuff done. My husband fell asleep on the floor. I should probably wake him up.