PDA

View Full Version : Where can you buy...

julyjewel
04-20-2008, 10:23 AM
I was thinking of getting a Pal Mickey. Is it true you can buy them almost anywhere? Is it worth the investment?

dizknee531
04-20-2008, 11:06 AM
You can buy Pal Mickey at the resort gift shops or at the shops in the parks, usually when you first go in. He talks at every attraction and let's you know when the parades are in the park where you are.there also games to play while waiting in line!! I just wish mine was louder or they had a volume button on mine. sometimes it's hard to hear in the crowd. There are also differnt outfits you can buy for him to make yours more special. have fun on your trip!!:mickey:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-20-2008, 08:57 PM
I bought one for myself & one for my (then) 2.5 year old nephew. I think I had more fun with him. I also put him on a lanyard rather than hanging him from my belt loop.

MickeyandTink
04-21-2008, 10:40 AM
I bought one for myself & one for my (then) 2.5 year old nephew. I think I had more fun with him. I also put him on a lanyard rather than hanging him from my belt loop.

We bought one of the Sorcerer's Apprentice versions on ebay last year before our trip for our then 6yr old DD :princess:. Although not in the box, it was in great condition and she really enjoyed it. We carried him on both a lanyard and on a belt loop with a metal caribiner we bought separately. It really helped pass the time when we were waiting for the buses or on the way to the parks.

One thing to be careful of, though, is to keep track of him. We took him off and stowed him underneath the seats on the Star Tours ride and left without him. We went back about 10 minutes later when we noticed he was missing and the staff was very helpful in our search, but he was not found.

On the plus side, one of the managers found out about it and after verifying our story with the CM's, he arranged to get her a new Pal Mickey. :thumbsup:

It's great customer service experiences like that which have us looking so forward to our trip in Sept.

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-21-2008, 04:42 PM
We love our Pal Mickey. They are available just about everywhere, we got ours in the Emporium in MK...DD opened it right at the counter and the CM's helped her get him all set!

DD was 8, and she carried him all week, on the lanyard, with very little complaint.

She's so excited to be taking Mickey back "home" on our upcoming trip!

tink2006
04-21-2008, 04:55 PM
I thought I read somewhere on this board (or somewhere) that they were thinking of discontinuing the Pal Mickey. I do not know if this is true.....

dismommy
04-21-2008, 08:03 PM
I heard the same thing, that Pal Mickey would be "phased out" in favor of the hand held device they were testing earlier this year.

elmjimmlm
04-22-2008, 10:11 AM
Does Mickey have a way to be updated when new things open?

katzctkpt
04-23-2008, 01:39 PM
we opted not to purchase one. With our 3 children they would quit carrying him and then we'd be stuck trying to keep up with him. They are cute and all but, I think to much trouble.