PDA

View Full Version : Just wanted to share!

#1disneyfan
04-19-2008, 09:27 PM
Just booked my airline tickets and a breakfast and dinner for a last minute trip this June! My mom and I were talking and we decided that my DD and I should go visit her this June and we would make a little trip up to WDW for the weekend. I am so excited and nervous! Excited for the time away and an extra little trip to WDW and FL, nervous because I hate to fly! When I booked our air I was really upset because for our flight home we have seats in the rear of the plane. I prefer to sit ahead of the wing. This is going to be difficult for me! Ugh, my tummy is doing summersaults right now again!!! Wish me luck!

azdisneymom
04-19-2008, 10:51 PM
Don't be nervous about seats in the back. We fly SWA and prefer to sit closer to the back. One thing we noticed is whenever the airlines have pilots riding along they tend to ride in the back, too. That makes me feel safe because I feel confident that they wouldn't be back there it weren't a safe area to be.

#1disneyfan
04-19-2008, 10:57 PM
thanks. sitting in the front doesn't really make me any less uneasy either. really i am just a huge baby who doesn't like to fly, but i make myself at least 2 times a year either vising family or the mouse. i am usually exhausted from the relief when we land! i know it is safe, but i am a happy girl when the runway is in site!

disneygoofball
04-19-2008, 10:58 PM
Actually, the rear of the plane is the safest place to be in the (incredibly unlikely) event of an accident. According to our corporate security officer at work, your chances of survival in a plane crash are highest in the rear of the plane. So you may have to wait longer to get off the plane, but you've got the safest seats on the aircraft!

teambricker04
04-19-2008, 11:00 PM
I know what you mean! We fly all the time, but I still hate it when we sit in the back and I get all turned around. Makes me so sick to my stomach... funny thing is, I can ride roller costers!

When you get to the airport before your flight, you can always ask if there are any open seats up front as sitting in the back makes you sick. They may be able to help you out.

Good luck and have fun!!!

#1disneyfan
04-20-2008, 07:13 PM
I think at this point the best thing for me to do is get a prescription from the doctor for some anti-anxiety medication. I make myself physically ill thinking about flying. I know it is safer than making that 18 hour drive, but I still prefer to be in control and closer to the ground!