PDA

View Full Version : Rachel/Emmy Impromptu Trip report Day 1

FlaTinkRAMESAM
04-19-2008, 04:36 PM
Cast:
Me and Emma

Resort:
All-Star Music

We left town right at 3:45. About 30 minutes later than I had wanted to but we were on our way all the same. Miss Emma still had no idea. It was really exciting me! So we hop on I-4... and we get to exit 62 that has the huge Mickey power pole thing. And she knew. She always knows when we see it. And she got super excited! Perfect reaction. And then she asked if we were going to stay at a hotel. And I got to say "ok!" She wanted All- Star Movies, but I told her we were staying at Music. She started chanting "All Star Music, All Star Music..." Very cute.

So we got to the hotel around 5. We checked-in, Emma watched the tv and got a balloon and had a nice little conversation with a CM that was there. She got a ton of stickers too, which she loves getting.

So I gathered the monkey, got in the car, and we headed over to our room. We saw we were in an end room, right by the parking lot. That was wonderful for having to haul our luggage! Not so great for having to walk to the buses, but it ended up not being too terrible. We got everything in the room, unpacked a little bit and got dressed for a night at MK. Emmy decided she wanted to be Aurora. She asked if we could take the bus, and so we did. She was so happy to be at Disney and kept telling me all the rides she wanted to ride.

We got to MK after a non-existent wait for the bus. First thing we did was buy tickets for the P&PP for Wed night. $75 and a new pass for Emma (since hers got demagnetized somehow) later, we were on our way inside the park. I asked Emma if she wanted to make some ears. Of course she got excited about that so we headed to la Chapeau (sp?). She picked out her base, 2 ears, and a patch. They came out really cute. I got some for myself as well. We went to go get them embroidered and we had a little problem... All of Emma-Sue's other ears say Emmy, since they had told me once before that they couldn't do a "-". I thought that maybe since they were computerized now they would be able to do it. They told me no, so I said, okay, I'll put Emmy. They told me no nicknames, which I understood and always had. But anything else would've been a nickname anyways! I asked them what I was supposed to put if they were unable to do her proper name. And all her other ears had them. They just said no nicknames and turned around. So I wrote down Emmy anyways. They ended up embroidering it for us anyways, but it was frustrating. I didn't want to break the rules, but what was I supposed to do?

So we walked down Main Street (it was about 8 or so) and headed towards Tomorrowland for good old Buzz! We got fast passes for it. Only a 40 min difference, so we did Laugh Floor (another favorite) and TTA. Then off to Buzz which we rode twice because my gun broke. Emma was all about that. lol

She wanted one of those light things that they sell for the parades. So we found the least obnoxious one. A Mickey hand holding a wand that lights up. Emma was getting hungry, so we went to Casey's and got dinner, and grabbed a spot for Wishes up by the hub. It was extra magical getting to watch Wishes our first night there. I cried a little as Emma sang the song with the little girl and as Tink flew down.

After Wishes we went and got FPs for Peter Pan, rode Small World, and Snow White. Then we headed to Liberty Square for a spot for the parade since we hadn't seen Spectro in a while. We sat by the really sweet family. The mom and dad had 5 adopted children and they and Emma all played with the hula hoops. They were all very sweet kids and it was wonderful to have a nice conversation with an adult!

Afterwards, we got our wristbands for EMH, used our PP FPs (which Emma now calls Pass Patch), did Winnie the Pooh, and back to Tomorrowland. We did everything over again, and did Astro-Orbiter (which I do NOT like, but of course Emma loves...lol). By this time it was about 1:30 am. Emma wanted to drive the cars...lol That is the most sickening ride if you allow a 3 year old to steer. Back and forth against the tracks...ugh ugh ugh :ack::sick: We did that one twice. lol So now it is about 2:15 and Emma is spent, as am I. She only took about a 30 minute nap that afternoon. She was bordering on delirium. Which was hilarious to watch, but she needed sleep badly. So we hopped back on the bus and headed for the hotel. We both crashed immediately. I didn't even bother with a wake up call for the next day...lol

BronxTigger
04-19-2008, 05:55 PM
It sounds like you had a great first day. It's exciting you got to do those make your own hats. What pieces did you choose?

daparish
04-19-2008, 08:03 PM
What a great and full first day. Can't wait to read more.:mickey:

FlaTinkRAMESAM
04-19-2008, 09:17 PM
It sounds like you had a great first day. It's exciting you got to do those make your own hats. What pieces did you choose?

Ems chose the pink w/ the rainbow foil dots for her base, a firework ear, and the character ear, plus a gold crown with pink rhinestones for her patch. I got the gold base with 2 firework ears. She got gold embroidery and I got hot pink. They came out super cute. When I get all my pics up, I'll post em!

pdrlkr
04-20-2008, 07:38 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

dolphinmickey9170
04-20-2008, 12:35 PM
Thanks for sharing your great first day. I love the ears idea, I can't wait to see them!! :mickey:

wdwgrl377
04-20-2008, 02:08 PM
What a great and exciting day you both had! Can't wait to read more! Thanks for posting!! :mickey:

faline
04-22-2008, 11:46 AM
What a long, busy, and exciting day!

smiles_rock
04-22-2008, 12:25 PM
Sounds like you guys are having a great time! Just curious, where did you make your own hats??? I've never seen that and it sounds cool!

FlaTinkRAMESAM
04-22-2008, 08:20 PM
Sounds like you guys are having a great time! Just curious, where did you make your own hats??? I've never seen that and it sounds cool!

In MK @ la Chapeau (sp?). It was $36 for 2 bases, 4 ears, 2 embroideries, and 1 patch.

MsMin
04-23-2008, 12:54 AM
Sounds like a great day, love the ears, can't wait to read more!

Bethanymouse
04-23-2008, 10:31 AM
What a wonderful first day! I love reading your report! Emma sounds like such a wonderful little girl, and so much fun! Thanks for sharing your day with us, I cant wait to read more!:mickey:

cal5755
04-23-2008, 11:32 AM
Thanks for sharing your wonderful first night!! Little Emma sounds like such a sweatpea!! Loved reading about your day :mickey:

ChipnDaleGal
05-08-2008, 12:59 PM
Glad you could pull off your surprise! Sounds like you are off to a wonderful start. Long day, I don't blame you for forgetting the wake up call. Thanks for reporting. :mickey:

laward32
05-08-2008, 02:44 PM
You guys had a lot of fun in one day. I am glad you had a great first day. :mickey:

tinkerbell04
05-12-2008, 04:57 PM
Thanks for sharing your first day. It sounds like it is off to a great start!:mickey:

BluewaterBrad
05-12-2008, 05:16 PM
Great first day report! I am going to your next one!!:mickey: