PDA

View Full Version : TS with toddler

maizey05
04-19-2008, 02:07 PM
Which restaraunts (ts) would you recommend for myself, DH and DS (15months)? DS usually eats whatever we eat. Is blue bayou ok for kiddos?

BrerGnat
04-20-2008, 10:49 AM
We've done a lot of TS at DLR with our boys (in various stage of "toddler"). They are currently 3 1/2 and 2 years old.

Blue Bayou, we've never done with our kids (we've done it a few times without). My husband and I feel that it is a very special restaurant where the ambience is a HUGE part of the dining experience, and you drop a lot of $$$ there. The food, for adults, is not that toddler friendly (even for an adventurous eater). It's very good, but a bit too grown up (lots of steak, seafood, and spicy dishes). We'd rather not take our kids there, only because it would be tough to really enjoy while distracted.

The TS restaurants we LOVE (and that are good with toddlers) are:

-Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen
-Naples
-ESPN Zone
-Storyteller's Cafe (GCH)
-Goofy's Kitchen (character meal)
-Wine Country Trattoria (DCA)

Your toddler will probably LOVE the atmosphere in Rainforest Cafe, but we've NEVER had good service there, so we've avoided it with our kids, since they are not very patient during meals, we can't tolerate slow service.

Whenever we go to a TS, we let the waiter/waitress know in advance that we are NOT wanting a leisurely meal. ;) They are usually very understanding and we have usually gotten very speedy service.

In general, though, we find the CS at the DLR to be very good! It's so much easier to eat and then leave when you're done, rather than having to wait for a check, etc.