PDA

View Full Version : Garden Grill family of the day!!

threeh
04-19-2008, 12:30 PM
My family ate at the Garden Grill for the first time on our last trip in Feb (on a side note has anyone every fround the hidden mickey in the mural?? We couldn't find it)
and we were picked to be the family of the day. Our waiter told us there would be fun and lots of food. The chef brought us some really yummy ribs and my kids each got a light up ice cube in their drinks...it was really cool. Has anyone else had this happen?? It was a neat treat.:mickey:

ElenitaB
04-19-2008, 12:38 PM
I've never heard of a Family of the Day at GG, but sounds like it was great. My DS would have loved to get ribs there! (He was chef of the day a few years ago at CP... very cute.)

And I've never been able to find a Hidden Mickey in that mural... not that I haven't looked and looked. ;)

McGoofy
04-19-2008, 04:11 PM
How cool! I've never seen that before at Garden Grill. That sounds fun. This past February, I got a little certificate at Haunted Mansion as "Honorary Caretaker" of the day. Sounds like Disney is adding a lot of little touches to meals, rides, etc. as part of the Million Dreams theme.

ldc12377
04-19-2008, 04:18 PM
Being Family of the Day would be sooo cool!! We are going back to WDW in June and are hoping for something special like that but we won't be holding our breath. (We went twice last year but didn't get anything special like that....but that's OK.....just being able to go to WDW, let alone twice, was special enough. We have been very blessed recently so I will just continue to be thankful for that!:mickey:)

About the hidden Mickey...We had it shown to us by our server when we were there last. Even after she pointed it out, we still had a hard time seeing it. It is a side profile of an older version of Mickey, one with the more pointed nose. It is hidden in some leaves, I think. I know that doesn't really help as much as I would like for it to but I can't really explain where it was. But I do know that it is there!!!